Old I love beer. A lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I used to drink a lot of beer back in the frat days but that lessened as I got older. Was never really into the hard stuff except for Crown or a nice vodka martini but not too often. I got into wine and drink that now, average maybe 3 bottles a week. I like to pair food with it and try new ones.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I go through a 1.75 bottle of Cheap Vodka (usually Barton, sometimes Skol) a week, usually about 8-12 shots a night. I mainly do it to pass out, but I dont try and lie and say thats the only reason, I do like being drunk also. Despite the insomnia though, I do most of the time give myself 2 nights a week sober, and usually have one "beer night" , usually 8-10 beers or a couple 40's....Oh and I Never say Never anymore, but Im pretty dang sure I'll never turn into one of those drunk 24/7 people, alcohol is the furthest thing from my mind in the mornings and throughout the day, although after my weekly 2 night sobriety, I am pretty stoked durin that day knowin I can drink that night lol.

Used to be one of the biggest potheads in the world, from the age of 14.Then of course when I turned 21 and could get my hands on alcohol more regularly, I didnt smoke nearly as much....I will always be for 100% legalization though, even if I never smoke again, my wife does, so itd be nice to be able to just go out and get it at a store as easily as I go to the liquor store! itd also be nice to see more blue laws go away in states that still have them (Texas included).

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I go through a 1.75 bottle of Cheap Vodka (usually Barton, sometimes Skol) a week, usually about 8-12 shots a night. I mainly do it to pass out, but I dont try and lie and say thats the only reason, I do like being drunk also. Despite the insomnia though, I do most of the time give myself 2 nights a week sober, and usually have one "beer night" , usually 8-10 beers or a couple 40's....

Used to be one of the biggest potheads in the world, from the age of 14.Then of course when I turned 21 and could get my hands on alcohol more regularly, I didnt smoke nearly as much....I will always be for 100% legalization though, even if I never smoke again, my wife does, so itd be nice to be able to just go out and get it at a store as easily as I go to the liquor store! itd also be nice to see more blue laws go away in states that still have them (Texas included).

Thank you for being so bold as to post something so personal, 50. I can so relate with the insomnia. Waking up at 3am with nothing but pure energy after nightmares or tossing and turning for 3 hrs etc. It drives one crazy.

Kudos for being brave and bearing your soul, brother

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I go through a 1.75 bottle of Cheap Vodka (usually Barton, sometimes Skol) a week, usually about 8-12 shots a night. I mainly do it to pass out, but I dont try and lie and say thats the only reason, I do like being drunk also. Despite the insomnia though, I do most of the time give myself 2 nights a week sober, and usually have one "beer night" , usually 8-10 beers or a couple 40's....Oh and I Never say Never anymore, but Im pretty dang sure I'll never turn into one of those drunk 24/7 people, alcohol is the furthest thing from my mind in the mornings and throughout the day, although after my weekly 2 night sobriety, I am pretty stoked durin that day knowin I can drink that night lol.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you do the two nights without booze? Benzos?

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how do you do the two nights without booze? Benzos?

Nothing, I try to do it on the nights where I dont have to be anywhere the next day, knowing that Im gonna get anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hrs "sleep" but at least I dont have to go out and be a zombie.....I know alot of people out there function on lil to no sleep, but I simply cant, coffee, Red Bull, 5 hour energy, none of that stuff works.....Im gettin closer to goin to a doctor for the first time since I was a kid to try Ambien or Trazadone as my mom swears by, but Im not too confident those will work and its just another thing to get dependent on anyway. Sure its healthier, but doesnt also come with the fun of alcohol.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I drink it at breakfast. I drink it at lunch. I drink it a dinner and even at brunch.

I drink German imports. Russian stouts. American IPA's. Italian lagers (not my favorite, very bland), American lagers (same taste profile, more or less, as their Italian counterpart), ales, Heffs... the list goes on and on, and I have many favorite brands. But this isn't about specific awesome beers (I'm sure there's a thread or ten on that subject, and I would love to add to that :) ).

I'm told these are signs of alcoholism (in all the literature I read on the subject, anything more than 14 drinks a week for a male is considered excessive, or 4 a day, by various studied sources).

I do that in one day, usually. I realize this is taboo, to admit to drinking this often in the open, and so nonchalant... and that I may be judged. So it goes. Here's my caveat:

I pay my bills, I have a home, I'm a great daddy, I don't drive drunk.

I'm jovial and expressive, instead of downtrodden and depressed.

The VA would rather give me a ton of medication and have me a zombie, yet beer seems to give me the same results: a positive outlook on life, and a way to get past the year that haunts me (not going there).

So, folks, anyone have any feedback. Am I in denial? I've made it no secret how much I drink in many of my posts (also to note, I'm 30). Many of my battle buddies and family drink, so I see them doing the same. That's no excuse, but again, I am harming no one (other than my liver).

What say you? Are there others here in the same boat? Please don't feel compelled to post in here, and if this thread gets buried, maybe that's a good thing. I'm also not some depressed dude, crying out for help. This is simply -- am I excessive and/or are there others here who indulge this much? Any sort of feedback is appreciated. :)

You forgot to say that beer has essential grains and keeps you hydrated as you drink.

I am seeking Swinckels beer from Holland. Any stores, pubs or chemist centers where I can buy it in DFW?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Nothing, I try to do it on the nights where I dont have to be anywhere the next day, knowing that Im gonna get anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hrs "sleep" but at least I dont have to go out and be a zombie.....I know alot of people out there function on lil to no sleep, but I simply cant, coffee, Red Bull, 5 hour energy, none of that stuff works.....Im gettin closer to goin to a doctor for the first time since I was a kid to try Ambien or Trazadone as my mom swears by, but Im not too confident those will work and its just another thing to get dependent on anyway. Sure its healthier, but doesnt also come with the fun of alcohol.

Well, as someone who has been on the whole gamut of sleep aids, my hopes and prayers are with you, 50.

I have plenty of people in my life who use various sleep aids to beneficial effect.

Good luck, mang!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I need proof of this observation, Gimme. Is this a standard lesson in the Farmer Branch JuCo theology class?
Well, only Jesus juice is served in heaven. No proof of beer in heaven.
No, JuCo was in Tyler not farmers Branch.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Do you have a job?

How do you hold a job if you are drinking every day during work hours?

I don't drink during work, and I work in the family business (real estate).

Well, I do at times. So that's a lie. But as I've alluded to many times, I'm highly functional.

I have other sources of income as well, but I'd rather not go there (non-illegal, of course). Respectfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.