Olive Garden’s unlimited Soup & Salad

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm tempted but with the holiday eating and drinking season upon us I've been trying to cut back the unnecessary calories where I can. Who knows though, it is tempting and I like food challenges.
LOL! I hear that! Save that tummy space and extra 5 lbs of weight gain on some Honey Baked Ham Store, stuffing, and good wine :)

Olive Garden will still be around next spring :)

aria

Reaction score
LOL! I hear that! Save that tummy space and extra 5 lbs of weight gain on some Honey Baked Ham Store, stuffing, and good wine :)

Olive Garden will still be around next spring :)
Exactly! and with any luck someone else here will do it before then since I am genuinely curious.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Went there last night, before seeing this thread.

Had 3 bowls of soup, about 4 breadsticks, and bowl of salad. I wish I would have read this thread before going. I think I could have went another round or 2 on the soup. The waiter came around and asked if I wanted more and seemed eager to do it. Had no feeling that they would have cut me off.

I will say this, the breadsticks are the most filling item. If someone actually ate 10 of those things along with the other stuff and still wanted more food then they have an eating disorder.

Yep, the breadsticks are brutal... They taste great and just enlarge within your stomach like those small foam figures you put in a bowl of water.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't eat out much anymore but that's where I go and what I order when I do. Great meal. I always get the minestrone soup. The atmosphere by the fireplace is very nice too. I think the last time we went I didn't even get a second bowl of soup.

The minestrone soup is excellent IMO.

And so are their salads.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
d748d4018cb471d357409c9306477a336645cce5cfa2bf861895546983b07703.jpg
Hey! That's Waldoputty!

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Well, how did it go?
It was alright. Ordered the shrimp with angel hair pasta. While i was waiting for that the waiter brought out a thing of breadsticks ( had 3 sticks in them). Then ordered soup and salad.

So I finished the breadsticks (3), finished the salad bowl, and (2) bowls of minestrone soup before my dinner came out. I ate that pretty quickly but truthfully I was getting kinda full by then.

I asked for another soup and one more thingy of breadsticks. I managed to finish the breadsticks and soup, but man I couldn't/ wouldn't wanna eat anymore.

So in total : 6 breadsticks, 1 big salad bowl, 3 bowls of minestrone soup, and the shrimp with angel hair pasta, and 4 cokes

I think if I didn't actually eat an entree, I could pound out 10 breadsticks with at least 5-6 bowls of minestrone soup and maybe 2 salads.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I think the soup would be the biggest challenge not the breadsticks. I also wonder what their policy is on timing the meals. For example, can I polish off the breadsticks then ask for another basket as I start working on the soup? I would assume so but can I ask for a 2nd bowl of soup as I'm half way through the first bowl? If they delay the meals significantly (which I bet they do on purpose) it would really hurt the appetite factor.
The waitress was nice, she just brought whatever I wanted instantly. Well I waited like 1-2 minutes max

aria

Reaction score
It was alright. Ordered the shrimp with angel hair pasta. While i was waiting for that the waiter brought out a thing of breadsticks ( had 3 sticks in them). Then ordered soup and salad.

So I finished the breadsticks (3), finished the salad bowl, and (2) bowls of minestrone soup before my dinner came out. I ate that pretty quickly but truthfully I was getting kinda full by then.

I asked for another soup and one more thingy of breadsticks. I managed to finish the breadsticks and soup, but man I couldn't/ wouldn't wanna eat anymore.

So in total : 6 breadsticks, 1 big salad bowl, 3 bowls of minestrone soup, and the shrimp with angel hair pasta, and 4 cokes

I think if I didn't actually eat an entree, I could pound out 10 breadsticks with at least 5-6 bowls of minestrone soup and maybe 2 salads.
Whoa whoa whoa...why in the hell did you order an entree? You must to back and try again, doing it right this time!