Olive Garden’s unlimited Soup & Salad

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals I haven't been to an Olive Garden in ages, but remember they had endless soup and salad as well as breadsticks.

I googled this and found a bunch of threads and reviews stating that although it's advertised as endless, it's really not. I read one comment, where a guy was cut off after 4 bowls of soup, and 3 salads and 10 breadsticks! :facepalm: That's hardly endless and quite frankly you'd be starving still.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this?

I've never had them cut anything off. If you're eating and ordered your entree and such they've always brought out all I wanted on the salad and bread sticks.

Don't know about the soup to be honest.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa!!! Where is this 72 oz steak you speak of??

I believe its the Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo
https://www.bigtexan.com/

:laugh:
The 72oz Steak Rules
Meal consists of: Shrimp Cocktail, Baked Potato, Salad, with Roll, Butter, and of course the 72 oz. Steak
  1. Entire meal must be completed in one hour. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed)…YOU LOSE!
  2. Before the time starts, you will be allowed to cut into the steak, and take one bite. If the steak tastes good and is cooked to your satisfaction, we will start the time upon your acceptable approval. The time will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE before you say “yes.”
  3. Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal.
  4. You will be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating of your meal. This is YOUR contest.
  5. You don’t have to eat the fat, but we will judge this.
  6. Should you become ill, the contest is over… YOU LOSE! (Please use the container provided as necessary.)
  7. You are required to pay the full amount up front; if you win we will refund 100%.
  8. You must sit at a table that we assign.
  9. If you do not win the steak challenge, you are welcome to take the leftovers with you.
  10. No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over.
  11. If you fail to complete the challenge, you must pay the full $72 dollars.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I believe its the Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo
https://www.bigtexan.com/

:laugh:
The 72oz Steak Rules
Meal consists of: Shrimp Cocktail, Baked Potato, Salad, with Roll, Butter, and of course the 72 oz. Steak
  1. Entire meal must be completed in one hour. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed)…YOU LOSE!
  2. Before the time starts, you will be allowed to cut into the steak, and take one bite. If the steak tastes good and is cooked to your satisfaction, we will start the time upon your acceptable approval. The time will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE before you say “yes.”
  3. Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal.
  4. You will be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating of your meal. This is YOUR contest.
  5. You don’t have to eat the fat, but we will judge this.
  6. Should you become ill, the contest is over… YOU LOSE! (Please use the container provided as necessary.)
  7. You are required to pay the full amount up front; if you win we will refund 100%.
  8. You must sit at a table that we assign.
  9. If you do not win the steak challenge, you are welcome to take the leftovers with you.
  10. No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over.
  11. If you fail to complete the challenge, you must pay the full $72 dollars.
Ok! We need @LocimusPrime on this one! I would so do it if I lived in Texas!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals I haven't been to an Olive Garden in ages, but remember they had endless soup and salad as well as breadsticks.

I googled this and found a bunch of threads and reviews stating that although it's advertised as endless, it's really not. I read one comment, where a guy was cut off after 4 bowls of soup, and 3 salads and 10 breadsticks! :facepalm: That's hardly endless and quite frankly you'd be starving still.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this?
Never been to it and do not plan on it.
But its rep for pseudo-pretentious Italian precedes it.
Anybody remember that sad reality show in which we see an 80ish Hugh Hefner show off his girlfriends? (One was the skankish Kendra Wilkinson)
But in one episode Hef and his lovely girls Holly and Brigitte and the aforementioned Kendra were dining with a famous Italian designer and Kendra asks the Italian if he had dined at an Olive Garden before. The designer pleads ignorance of the American chain. So Kendra, who projects a lower socioeconomic demeanor, keeps yapping about how great Olive Garden is and Hef is getting more and more visibly uncomfortable and then embarrassed that Kendra is almost demanding that the Italian designer get up and find an Olive Garden.
Needless to say, it was awkward!
(Though the gourmets and food writers hate Olive Garden, everyone who I know who has eaten there say it was pleasant and filling if not gastronomically a 4-star experience)
:)

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Hearing how some of you can eat reminds me of the movie The Great Outdoors and the steak known as the Old 96'er. I wonder if LocimusPrime would look like John Candy in this challenge?

Who is manly enough for the Old 96'er?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hearing how some of you can eat reminds me of the movie The Great Outdoors and the steak known as the Old 96'er. I wonder if LocimusPrime would look like John Candy in this challenge?

Who is manly enough for the Old 96'er?

christmas-tree-smiley-emoticon.gif
Hey Bish, always remember this, it's NOT how big one is that matters, it' how big one can eat that matters.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...F58F8FFDFC7453EC5781F58F8FFDFC7453E&FORM=VIRE:p
@JohnnyTheFox @aria @Trouty @LocimusPrime

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Olive Garden is getting undersold a bit...

Some of the dishes are very good... Like the Lasagna and the "Tour of Italy". I think the salads are top-notch and the Minestrone soup excellent.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think Olive Garden is getting undersold a bit...

Some of the dishes are very good... Like the Lasagna and the "Tour of Italy". I think the salads are top-notch and the Minestrone soup excellent.
Olive Garden is awesome, Mike! No one ever says it's the best/most authentic Italian food, yet there's always some dork that comes along to tell everyone so.

My only problem with Olive Garden is their small menu :muttley: