Once again, the goalposts move on Dak

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So every time he comments you're just gonna make vague hater comments without any context?

Productive.

"..Nah, because he's made it personal with me..." says America's Cowboy that takes defending Dak to the level of insulting veterans.....talk about making things personal and being too emotionally invested.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes...now you are getting it.

Maybe sit this one out for a few days and hope Dak plays bad on Thanksgiving.

I guess your metric for "tearing a team apart" is very low in terms of standards.

Slick

Reaction score
The Dak critics love to bash daily 24/7 and make ridiculous accusations against Dak, but when Dak performs this well, you either hear crickets or excuses. Never full accountability of being proven wrong. On rare occasions do a handful few admit they were wrong. The overwhelming majority refuse.
He gets paid to play like that EVERY game, not once or twice a year.

Let's see if they can keep a winning momentum for the rest of the season, and into the playoffs. That's where they historically fail and what really matters.

Scotman

Reaction score
Outside of the 25-yard pass that Pollard turned into a 68-yard TD, Dak threw for 208 yards.....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. Dallas ran for 151 yards and 2 td's on 40 attempts....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. The Dallas defense held Minnesota to 3 points on 183 total yards while forcing 1 turnover and amassing 7 sacks....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart. On 3rd downs Dallas went 12 of 17 with the following break downs:

Dallas rushing: 8 of 9 1 TD (Dak rushed for 1 of the 1st downs)
Dallas passing: 4 of 7 1 TD (Rush passed for 1 of the 1st downs)

...but remind me again how Dak tore the team apart. The Dallas offense had 70 total plays wherein 40 of those plays were rushes and 30 were passes....but remind me again how Dak tore that team apart.

If you want to say Dak played a good game, that is fair.....but to pretend that Dak carried the team when stats tell a different story then you just look foolish.

I'm not even completely sold on Dak because of his play in the post season. But when you start off your argument by cherry-picking and then excluding his best play of the game, you look foolish. You intentionally skew the stat that refutes your argument and then try to use other stats to support your claim. That is flawed on every level and you have to know that. If we can exclude stats, let's exclude the drop in the end zone. It was an absolute dime of a pass...exactly where it needed to be. Including that as a reception is just as flawed as taking out a different reception. Dak threw for 22 of 25, 2TDs, 0 INT and 276 yards. He did that against a team that was 8-1. The Vikings have been averaging more than a pick every game.

Using the running game's success as evidence is just about as flawed. When we don't run the ball well, the people that are overly critical of Dak will be the first to claim it's because no one fears the run. They can stack the box and force Dak to beat them with his arm. If you want to stick to this claim, then you should never use the lack of a passing attack as a reason that the running game falters. When you are passing the ball like we were, they simply can't put 8 or 9 in the box and stop the run.

I have no idea if Dak can do his part to win us a Superbowl. He didn't last year. Several others didn't either. I'm skeptical. Dak's legacy is already half written. So far, no fairy tale ending to his story. He, and many others, are going to have to play different in last December and January. If not, it's another decade of so-what.

But Dak tore that team apart yesterday.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
he played about as well as you could expect any QB to play
BUT to prove himself elite he must not only do this again and again he has to do it in the playoffs

Nah.

Playoffs are different. All 3 phases have to perform well...not just the QB...regardless of contract size. Its not the QBs job to overcome play calling, special teams or defense.

You can spout whatever you want...call my stance cancer to excellence...whatever. But...its a team win or loss in the playoffs. Rarely is it because of a QB alone that teams lose in Playoffs...regardless of contract size or percentage of cap.

FTWayne

Reaction score
I think Ken and AC's crying about anything concerning Dak is what fuels the opposing view point. If they could stop bouncing around on every thread complaining about anything suspect of Dak that would be a start, but oh well they are just as bad as the "haters". They fuel the fire and then stand back and complain about the other guy's posts.

Last edited:

dfense

Reaction score
I think the main issue with Dak is consistency. They showed his record outside of the east is sub .500.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think of it this way...

In the parameters of the offense we are running, he tore them apart. This was an Aikman in the playoffs type of "tore them apart".
No matter semantics....it was a great game on daks part. A great team effort. Can we make a playoff run....using this formula?

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
That was an 8-1 team that he tore apart and yet we still have people saying it's the defense, it's Pollard, it's the Vikings stinking it up.

Sure the defense was near perfect, but the guy responsible for like 10 out of the first 12 relevant 3rd downs was Dak Prescott - essentially giving the defense overall 10 less minutes of work to do. The final stat is Dallas 37 min, Minnesota 23 on time of possession but it's actually closer to 40-20 if we didn't let up a bit after going up 30-3 and then putting in Cooper Rush. Pollard had more receiving yards than rushing yards and unless you all saw a different game than me, it was Dak dotting that rainbow to Pollard on that 68 yard touchdown.

Just wondering why the goalposts always move on Dak. When the Bills flopped against the Jets and the same Vikings team we thrashed, it's McDermott, it's Frazier, it's the secondary, it's someone else but not Allen. While the Chargers are mediocre once again, it's Brandon Staley but not Herbert. But when the Cowboys lost to the Packers, the thunder came down in a blistering stream of bitterness and the scapegoat is always Dak.
Lol. He had a good game. Don’t act like he constantly plays at close to that level…if he did he would be the guy.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not even completely sold on Dak because of his play in the post season. But when you start off your argument by cherry-picking and then excluding his best play of the game, you look foolish. You intentionally skew the stat that refutes your argument and then try to use other stats to support your claim. That is flawed on every level and you have to know that. If we can exclude stats, let's exclude the drop in the end zone. It was an absolute dime of a pass...exactly where it needed to be. Including that as a reception is just as flawed as taking out a different reception. Dak threw for 22 of 25, 2TDs, 0 INT and 276 yards. He did that against a team that was 8-1. The Vikings have been averaging more than a pick every game.

Using the running game's success as evidence is just about as flawed. When we don't run the ball well, the people that are overly critical of Dak will be the first to claim it's because no one fears the run. They can stack the box and force Dak to beat them with his arm. If you want to stick to this claim, then you should never use the lack of a passing attack as a reason that the running game falters. When you are passing the ball like we were, they simply can't put 8 or 9 in the box and stop the run.

I have no idea if Dak can do his part to win us a Superbowl. He didn't last year. Several others didn't either. I'm skeptical. Dak's legacy is already half written. So far, no fairy tale ending to his story. He, and many others, are going to have to play different in last December and January. If not, it's another decade of so-what.

:clap::hammer:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"..Nah, because he's made it personal with me..." says America's Cowboy that takes defending Dak to the level of insulting veterans.....talk about making things personal and being too emotionally invested.
I do find it odd he takes comments on the internet "personally"....then goes on a vendetta about it.
Theres nothing "personal" about any of this.
But i suppose it does explain a lot. I would hope admin would warn against this type of activity.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
the scapegoat is always Dak.

Not sure where you are coming from. The overwhelming consensus last week was the whole team was putrid. This week everyone seems to agree the whole team played great and Dak played his part quite well.

QB play is always subject to a lot of scrutiny because they make so many decisions and touch the ball on every play. When he contributes to a loss it's going to get called out. He contributed to a win yesterday and deserves the credit that goes with that. No more, no less.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
No matter semantics....it was a great game on daks part. A great team effort. Can we make a playoff run....using this formula?

I thought Kelmo actually called a good game. The only thing I want is for the offense to take a few deep shots to stretch the D a little. The roll out play before half was a thing of beauty. A couple of more plays like that rollout/bootleg with a deep shot is all they need.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Okay, Dak is the most elite QB the NFL has ever seen, the most consistent, the winningest, and Dallas is lucky to have him where they should pay him $75M/season for all he does for this team.