One of the biggest problems for Jerry is Fan Apathy

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
When people are posting here about apathy...they aren’t apathetic.

When people stop posting altogether...and stop watching games...then they are apathetic.

We could get apathetic. Sure aren’t now.

Dig the profile pic

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

When people stop posting altogether...and stop watching games...then they are apathetic.

Not sure...this forum was increasingly the only reason I continued to really care.

Last year ended it for me. I still lurk around here, but don't give 2 ***** to dissect plats and games anymore. Truth be told, I really don't like anyone on this team that much. There are some good guys, Prescott, Lee, etc., but really bereft of any next level talent. I have resented Garrett since 2008, and the Jones are a joke

Haven't watched a game since the Seattle game last year and dont miss it

I had been a fan since I could walk, had the roger staubach and Tony dorsett gear, every book, game, lunchbox, pajamas etc.

Just can't make myself care

GenoT

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are estimated by Forbes to be the most valuable sports franchise on the planet — currently, @$4.7 billion. If the team were to go on the market tomorrow, the actual sale price would be much higher.

They’re perennially at or near the top of the league in home ticket sales, road attendance, TV ratings, merchandise sales and any other related revenue stream you could name.

If there’s any fan apathy, Jerry Jones certainly isn’t feeling it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have become much more interested in high school football than college or pro football since last year. Headed to game tonight instead of watching the Thursday Night game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like a big problem for Jerry is the ever increasing fan apathy.
It is palpable on this forum
, which is populated with once Die-hard fans such as myself.
Now there is a great sense of Whatever among the posters.
I think getting older may have something to do with it just realizing that it's just a football game and not worth over-prioritizing it above other parts of life.
A big part is just seeing the futility and or mediocrity we've been mired in for almost a quarter century.
It wears you down over time and causes you to get to a point where you're not as invested anymore.

If fans were apathetic they wouldn't be on this forum complaining. Fans are upset and dissatisfied, but the one thing this forum proves is they are not apathetic.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
No apathy here and none from the Cowboys fans I know. The people I know IRL are still excited for this team and think if they can stay healthy they could be dangerous. Personally, I’m worried but Sunday will go a long way to deciding how I feel about this team.

I don’t feel like I see apathy from the fans on this forum. I see a lack of patience and a particular saltiness over the disappointment of week 1.

links18

Reaction score
There's apathy. Then there is cynicism, followed by morbid fascination with the train wreck.

Garrettop

Reaction score
If I"m apathetic, it's because I hate where the league is going.

Age+this man. NFL football has been going downhill since at least the last CBA, if not longer. I don't even bother tuning into non-Cowboys games anymore. The product isn't good.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Whatever fan apathy that’s present, I have no doubt in my mind that it is only synonymous with the fans that had the pleasure of rooting for the cowboys pre1996. For ones like me that came aboard during the Chan Gailey years,there’s no apathy. Y’all are spoiled because y’all saw Superbowl teams. Romo is the best cowboys QB I’ve witnessed. For the ones with apathy, he’s not even in your top3.

Expecting excellence from the Cowboys is not being spoiled, it's simply asking the front office to put the top football experts in all positions to ensure winning remains the top priority. Unfortunately, asking the Jones cartel to put winning first is like asking:

1. Eagles fans to stop drinking
2. The NFL to place player safety as a priority.
3. Billy Jean King to win a beauty contest
4. George Strait to play something on guitar beyond beginner, first position chords
5. The NFL broadcast to NOT mention Gene Jones artwork during home games

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s really a problem, but I’m mostly checked out.

It’a been liberating though. The game was on in the background last weekend. Can’t say I enjoyed it, but I didn’t get upset about it either.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

The people posting here are the least apathetic, but we're a minority. The legions of people who aren't here talking Cowboys all year are the ones who should concern Jerry.

Suckers like us will complain, but we won't go anywhere.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Expecting excellence from the Cowboys is not being spoiled, it's simply asking the front office to put the top football experts in all positions to ensure winning remains the top priority. Unfortunately, asking the Jones cartel to put winning first is like asking:

1. Eagles fans to stop drinking
2. The NFL to place player safety as a priority.
3. Billy Jean King to win a beauty contest
4. George Strait to play something on guitar beyond beginner, first position chords
5. The NFL broadcast to NOT mention Gene Jones artwork during home games
There you go again Art...preaching truth.
What’s the over/under on mentions of Gene Jones artwork Sunday night, lol.

ArtClink

Reaction score
There you go again Art...preaching truth.
What’s the over/under on mentions of Gene Jones artwork Sunday night, lol.

billie-jean-king-9364876-1-402.jpg

kskboys

Reaction score
No apathy here and none from the Cowboys fans I know. The people I know IRL are still excited for this team and think if they can stay healthy they could be dangerous. Personally, I’m worried but Sunday will go a long way to deciding how I feel about this team.

I don’t feel like I see apathy from the fans on this forum. I see a lack of patience and a particular saltiness over the disappointment of week 1.
I think you meant to say the disappointment over year 23 and counting!!!!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Everything is fine in Jerry’s eyes as long as seats are sold and people keep buying merchandise. As long as that keeps happening, he will have an inexpensive puppet head coach.