One positive about the failed Jamal Adams trade

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
What are the games we lost BECAUSE of our safety play?

New Orleans was lost because of two fluke fumbles.

GB was lost because of drops turned into turnovers

NYJ was lost because 4 offensive starters were out and the best WR left had maybe worst game of his career.

When the teams been healthy, no one has just flat beat them. Give me a healthy OL, Dak and Amari and we can go to war vs anyone.

Heath is definitely terrible and should be upgraded from but not 2 first rounders terrible

Last edited:

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
We have as good a shot as anyone.

Right now NE, KC, NO, GB and SF look clearly better than us. We look to be somewhere (near the bottom) of a second-tier group that includes SEA, MINN and maybe LAR. I'm not sure how many of those teams we leap-frog by adding Adams. Maybe we move to the top of the second tier. Being objective, the top 5 teams still would look clearly better than us.

But I do appreciate your optimism.

rags

Reaction score
We offered 2 1s and a 4th. They wanted 2 1s and a 3rd.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We offered 2 1s and a 4th. They wanted 2 1s and a 3rd.
Just stop. No one offered 2 firsts and was rejected. They wanted 2 firsts we said no. And rightly so. I may have given up a first this year a second year or a first in 2021. No way would I do back to back

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We were willing to part with at least a first round pick for him.

Odds are at some point NY is going to trade him, and we will likely be interested again.

I give up a first round pick all day for Adams. That guy would have completely solidified our backfield and been the leader of that defense.

First and a 4th would have been just fine as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
My questions are:

how many years does it take for our supposedly “great” FO to come to the realization that Woods is average and Heath is below average and safety is a very very important position on defense?

how does this supposedly “great” FO not take a safety in rd 2 and takes trash Hill over the knee that were available?
Maybe they would rather have Jamal Adams than a second round pick safety.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the positive is a change in our thinking. Maybe we are willing to address the position in day one or two of the draft instead of waiting until day 3 and after:)

Crack! What was that soundo_O

I think you're probably right actually. If the FO was willing to spend a first for a safety in a trade, then surely they'll use it on a safety if the right one is available. Too bad we'll be picking 32.

quickccc

Reaction score
My questions are:

how many years does it take for our supposedly “great” FO to come to the realization that Woods is average and Heath is below average and safety is a very very important position on defense?

how does this supposedly “great” FO not take a safety in rd 2 and takes trash Hill over the knee that were available?

truth be told, it's really that DT role that has me worried that it will eventually be our doomed downfall in the playoffs again,
it's a number of very good backs that will be in the playoffs such as Kamara, Aaron Jones, Cook, Coleman/Breida, if the Panthers sneak in McCaffrey, that could be showing us the door
outta the playoffs On- the- Road again.