One positive about the failed Jamal Adams trade

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
That is true but at this point, it's little more than revisionist thinking. We also needed a DT but the team fumbled that attempt, as well. At some point in time, they may actually secure a functional safety. I'm holding out hope that Donovan Wilson is the player to make this occur. Jerry and the rest of his clan are like a mom and pop general store trying to compete with Walmart. They sorely need the patience of Job from their fans and then some! ;)

Disagree. If anything, it's revisionist history to say everyone thought we were going DT. Pretty much everyone thought we were going safety, and the Cowboys basically had their pick.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Disagree. If anything, it's revisionist history to say everyone thought we were going DT. Pretty much everyone thought we were going safety, and the Cowboys basically had their pick.

Seems to me that many of us were also hoping for either. The draft is such that nobody can pin their hopes on a certain position or player. In any case, revisionist history is going back in time to revise an issue that's already decided. That issue died many moons ago. Anyway, that's my take. I respect your opinion as well, though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
And at least they tried to improve
Well. They tried!

That kind of credit is what you give to incompetence.

That attempt to "try" wouldn't have even be necessary had they done the right thing and take advantage of a safety-rich draft and not taken a nauseating disappointment of a project on Marinelli's expert advice.

visionary

Reaction score
truth be told, it's really that DT role that has me worried that it will eventually be our doomed downfall in the playoffs again,
it's a number of very good backs that will be in the playoffs such as Kamara, Aaron Jones, Cook, Coleman/Breida, if the Panthers sneak in McCaffrey, that could be showing us the door
outta the playoffs On- the- Road again.

I totally agree with you that DT is an even bigger priority but our crack FO will not come to that realization for a few more years

speedkilz88

Reaction score

The dc.com and the fan guys were talking a couple weeks prior that they were hearing that the Cowboys were liking Hill in the 2nd round. That's not revisonist history, that's you not paying attention.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll confess, I wanted him myself and was upset when we picked Hill instead. Our all-knowing draft gurus saw it differently, though. :(

I look at it this like .........in August, would you have traded Tristy, McGovern, and Taco for Adams?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
The dc.com and the fan guys were talking a couple weeks prior that they were hearing that the Cowboys were liking Hill in the 2nd round. That's not revisonist history, that's you not paying attention.

So like 6 people? Just because they said the Cowboys were liking Trysten Hill doesn't mean people thought it was the right pick. The same people that didn't like it then don't like it now (not revisionist history) .

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I look at it this like .........in August, would you have traded Tristy, McGovern, and Taco for Adams?

Trysten and Taco, yesss! As far as McGovern, I'll need to see what he has to offer next year to ponder that decision a bit further! ;)

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So like 6 people? Just because they said the Cowboys were liking Trysten Hill doesn't mean people thought it was the right pick. The same people that didn't like it then don't like it now (not revisionist history) .
104076282-a-powerful-denial-concept-man-with-his-head-in-the-sand-.jpg

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trysten and Taco, yesss! As far as McGovern, I'll need to see what he has to offer next year to ponder that decision a bit further! ;)

But you do no that he's of no value this year. But how about we throw in the other Connor? Fact is that its been a while since we had a second round pick worth a dam.