One positive about the failed Jamal Adams trade

quickccc

Reaction score
Maybe Donovan Wilson will get his shot after all.

it's already half point of the entire season and he hasn't seen any significant time at all , if any. ..if there's an starter injury, veteran Darian Thompson would get the nod,
I think Donovan will be more next year's project at this time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The positive is that Jerry didn’t mortgage the farm to justify his puppet coach
It has always been a silly notion that he acquires players for the specific purpose of justifying having Garrett as coach. Especially given that others (and probably some of the same people) complain that he won't go after players because he doesn't care if Garrett wins. I don't think Jerry cares nearly as much what we think as some fans like to believe.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
4d4.jpg

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Who? Who is getting torched in KC every week? Just curious. Packers defense has been getting torched as well. Is it on everybody except Thornhill and savage?

You must be new here. Get with the program :)
Any player the Cowboys pass on during the draft is almost always automatically granted All-Rookie status. One cannot rue a draft pick otherwise. Good way to get likes is to rue a draft pick.

Reactions: CWR

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We could of had a good safety at #60 this year.

That is true but at this point, it's little more than revisionist thinking. We also needed a DT but the team fumbled that attempt, as well. At some point in time, they may actually secure a functional safety. I'm holding out hope that Donovan Wilson is the player to make this occur. Jerry and the rest of his clan are like a mom and pop general store trying to compete with Walmart. They sorely need the patience of Job from their fans and then some! ;)

Last edited:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We could’ve had Thornhill AND taken Hill later (like in the 5th). This franchise is freaking brain dead.

I normally refrain from bashing the FO's draft moves because they have proven to be pretty good. That said, the Hill pick over Thornhill in the second round was just a terrible decision!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We were willing to part with at least a first round pick for him.

Odds are at some point NY is going to trade him, and we will likely be interested again.

Possibly. I can't really see any positives because we didn't make our team better.

My only positive is that we at least got the Bennett trade done.

stiletto

Reaction score
The positive to me is they finally realize Safety is a problem, has only taken about Garrett's entire tenure....

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And let's not forget the value to our off season discussions, we won't have Earl Thomas this off season.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Wouldnt have made Dallas a sb contender anyway dont waste that many picks

Mr_437

Reaction score
They were thinking big, so I have to support that. Still detaching from the idea of having Adams on the team...finally a real Dawg in the secondary...(sigh) alas DAL FO showed prudence, at least it was some excitement

CCBoy

Reaction score
This player already is one that has sailed off into the sunset. If offers were that high, they are now off the table for good, now.

CB61

Reaction score
Well let's hope Michael Bennett can help us get better pressure on the quarterback and then we may not have to worry about the secondary as much? I know this is asking a lot but if his head is in the game he can be an absolute monster plus hopefully that'll take some of the double team triple team off of our defensive ends and we get max pressure , because let's face it without pressure even the best secondary can't cover forever