One positive about the failed Jamal Adams trade

CB61

Reaction score
Well. They tried!

That kind of credit is what you give to incompetence.

That attempt to "try" wouldn't have even be necessary had they done the right thing and take advantage of a safety-rich draft and not taken a nauseating disappointment of a project on Marinelli's expert advice.
I was being sarcastic if you read a lot of my post you would figure that out LOL I have a lot of sarcasm when it comes to ownership and coaching on this team

exciter

Reaction score
So why not give Donovan Wilson a shot? Don't start him but let's see what he's got get him some snaps, they must be seeing something where they just don't trust him I just don't see how not playing him has enough upside?
Yeah, he didn't start at safety till his senior year. It's like Broaddus said during camp, he's a year or 2 from knowing what he needs to understand about the position before getting significant playing time!

cowboyec

Reaction score
DE Michael Bennett will strengthen our pass rush during the 2nd half of the season....which should help our secondary.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yeah, he didn't start at safety till his senior year. It's like Broaddus said during camp, he's a year or 2 from knowing what he needs to understand about the position before getting significant playing time!

Broaddus isn't playing. Only Wilson knows what he can or can't do right now.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
My questions are:

how many years does it take for our supposedly “great” FO to come to the realization that Woods is average and Heath is below average and safety is a very very important position on defense?

how does this supposedly “great” FO not take a safety in rd 2 and takes trash Hill over the knee that were available?

They messed up big time on a safety. Then they messed up not trading for a DT. Two things that have been missing in our defense for many years and have not been addressed at all.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
They messed up big time on a safety. Then they messed up not trading for a DT. Two things that have been missing in our defense for many years and have not been addressed at all.

Disagree. Wilson needs to play to know what he is.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We could of had a good safety at #60 this year.
Not the type of Safety the Cowboys need...

Thornhill was a FS/CB type player.

Adams is a true Strong Safety.

The Cowboys probably would have taken a Safety if they had a 1st round pick. They wanted SS Johnathan Abram (picked at #27) and definitely would have drafted him at #58 if available.

I've heard they would have traded up for him in a DLaw type trade up. They gave #47 & #78 to move up to draft DLaw at #34 in 2014.

With #58 & #90, Abram would need to have been available a little later than #34 most likely.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So why not give Donovan Wilson a shot? Don't start him but let's see what he's got get him some snaps, they must be seeing something where they just don't trust him I just don't see how not playing him has enough upside?
Yes, just give him some snaps on defense. The end of the Eagles game would have been a good time for it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it's already half point of the entire season and he hasn't seen any significant time at all , if any. ..if there's an starter injury, veteran Darian Thompson would get the nod,
I think Donovan will be more next year's project at this time.
@cowboyed
We would see Wilson get a few snaps in some games before he gets extensive action.

CB61

Reaction score
Yeah I remember that but someone just replied to my post saying the end of the Eagles game would have been a good time to get his feet wet