One thing I'll give Dak credit for is he's a professional

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
There jsut seems to be no urgency from the players. It’s being reported that Dak is the only player with a select few staying late for extended hours of practice and taping. When a team looks this bad it shouldn’t jsut the the qb, coaches,and leaders staying later after pracrice. This needs to be. Almost the entire team because we have a lot to young players expected to contribute heavily so they need to be there later with their vets to k am what they need to do on their behalf to make this team right. It can’t be a bunch of superheroes. We need individuals doing their part and job
This isnt being a leader though. This is being a fantastic individual contributor, and I respect Dak if he is among the guys staying late, but a leader is going to inspire other guys to follow suit. If the team lacks urgency and willingness to put in the extra work then its a bad reflection on coaches and team leaders IMO.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
It’s not secret that’s I’m not the biggest believer of Dak. I wasn’t cool with Trey but I don’t think it would been a a huge drop off to let Dak walk and replace him a qb like Mayfield or Cousins.

That said he’s the unequivocal leader of this team. You can perceived that as good or bad, that’s your choice. But I wish our other leaders and players in general were as dedicated to helping this team win. It’s quite obvious this team has been unprepared going into the game this season. Dak future with this team was as up in the air as any other player whose contract as best the end but yet he’s never missed a practice or opportunity to be out there with the team. and when it comes to weekly preparation. He doesn’t miss a day. After Sunday the big complaint from players and coaches was preparation. It was echoed that the final walkthrough practice on Thursday was terrible. That’s compounded by the fact that it’s reported that a lot of the vets used are utilizing their vet days on Wednesday. . There jsut seems to be no urgency from the players. It’s being reported that Dak is the only player with a select few staying late for extended hours of practice and taping. When a team looks this bad it shouldn’t jsut the the qb, coaches,and leaders staying later after pracrice. This needs to be. Almost the entire team because we have a lot to young players expected to contribute heavily so they need to be there later with their vets to k am what they need to do on their behalf to make this team right. It can’t be a bunch of superheroes. We need individuals doing their part and job
I've always praised Dak's worth ethic and leadership. Romo had a more talented arm but always looked inward when he faced issues. Dak will be going through hell - and rightly so for his shoddy, sub-par, play in big games - and he will still reach out to others and still do the little things. He's not hiding in Cabo with Witten or saying he will NOW put in Peyton Manning hours.

So yeah...Dak gets HUGE kudos on work ethic, leadership and general professionalism. He's just a below-average passer whose muscle memory is locked in Tim Tebow mode. He will NEVER be a natural passer of the football under pressure. That dime that Jayden Daniels threw late in the game yesterday was SPECIAL...and it's because he's a natural. Caleb Williams is a natural. Even Bryce Young - 10 cent brain - has a natural fluid motion. Dak got with Tom House in like year FOUR to work on his motion. It's too late in life to fix this...like Tiger Woods picking up a golf club at 15 instead of at 4 years old. Dak is the guy who picked it up late ...competing in the NFL with guys who have natural passers since at least 10/11 years old....and Dak had been doing it wrong up until he was 24 years old?!? And that's gonna work out?

I'd love him as a backup...which is how he got all his jobs BTW. He was the backup and the starter got hurt. Steve DeBerg.

visionary

Reaction score
Gotta love the daily back door apology threads. What is next? Dak didnt purposely run over kittens today?
Nope, it is the upcoming thread

“Im not the biggest Jerry fan but he took ownership today by admitting fans think hes the main issue”

:facepalm:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
There was a time I would have absolutely agreed that Dak is a great leader, but it feels less and less that way. Part of that I'm sure is simply the state of the current Cowboys roster, but we are seeing more and more issues with with this team pop up where I start to question if they have any true leaders at all. Seems like a lot of fighting and finger pointing on both sides of the football. When it comes to Dak there seem to be guys who would run through a wall for Dak without thinking twice (Zeke, Ferg), but we also know there were rumors on and off tension between him and Cooper, now we are openly seeing tension from last year between him and Lamb resurface. I'm assuming a lot here, but I tend to think there are a lot of players in the locker room are just as split on Dak (although probably not as openly nor to the extreme level) as the fans are. It doesn't strictly fall on the shoulders of Dak, but he seems to be a very divisive figure, especially this more edgy version of Dak in the media who tells fans to get over it and to hop off the wagon. Between some of Daks comments, Jerry's lack of willingness to actually improve the roster, and the state of the current product on the field I've stopped blaming any fans who are actively rooting for the Cowboys to lose.

We will really find out over the next few weeks though. It's easy to be a leader when the wins are pilling up. Great leaders find ways to help their team out of the slumps along the way like the Cowboys are in now.
Well, I do think this is an interesting post with great points. How much of leadership is results? Competency? For example, you can have good habits, be respectful to people and work hard...but if you don't get results...over time...people lose confidence in your leadership. Doesn't mean you didn't really and sincerely try...but...results do factor into the equation. My issue is when people make leadership ALL about the results...which would mean every year we have 31 failed leaders and only 1 truly good one. That can't be right.

But it is a fact-of-the-matter that over time you lose your "voice" if you don't succeed. This happens in families, business, etc...especially if everyone is heavily (in)vested in you as the leader.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
But it is a fact-of-the-matter that over time you lose your "voice" if you don't succeed. This happens in families, business, etc...especially if everyone is heavily (in)vested in you as the leader.
Dak is not the type of QB who puts a team on his shoulders on a regular basis. Maybe for a few plays yes. A series or a quarter, but this is not his natural ability.

He needs a team around him. He is still the Dak of 2016 in terms of being able to operate with success. He can be an imoprtant cog in the machinery, but it will always be hard for him to hold the type of sway Brady had or what Mahomes is developing.

To have that type of credibility you have to break through ceilings. He hasn't broken the playoff ceiling yet.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak is a nice guy and everyone likes him, that's how you know he's not a leader. Leaders ruffle feathers, they speak the truth as harsh as it is, and they demand perfection. Dak is just too nice with the we'll try hard next time. There is a time for all the kumbaya and a time to drill sargeant these fools so they get the message.

leeblair

Reaction score
Professional what?
He may carry himself well in interviews, and he gets the benefit of the doubt always, but he lets his team down when they need a marquee quarterback.
They are paying for one, but have never had one with Dak.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's no secret that I've been a vocal critic of Rayne but I've posted several times that he's been the consummate professional and an adult as a player with just a few lapses of judgement, such as condoning our fans pelting the refs with debris, so I have no problem acknowledging his professionalism.

Through 2 contract negotiations and 2 franchise tags, he didn't act childish like other players have by complaining on social media, sitting out ,demanding trades or other ways of acting out.......but that's just the way that almost every QB handles themselves because they are the adults of the team.

My issue with him has nothing to do with dedication, preparation or professionalism.....it's solely about performance when it counts most

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's an overpriced loser bum,he had no problem talking **** about Romo but God forbid you say something about him.
Sucks that we can't have our opinions about him and not be called a hater all the time. Do we have to think like certain people, or is it ok to be a human being and have a difference of opinions?????? I'm sorry but there are things in Dak's game that are good, but I think the bad to me outweighs it more. At times he still throws the ball like a 2nd year player, then there's some plays where he looks like a 9 year vet!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's no secret that I've been a vocal critic of Rayne but I've posted several times that he's been the consummate professional and an adult as a player with just a few lapses of judgement, such as condoning our fans pelting the refs with debris, so I have no problem acknowledging his professionalism.

Through 2 contract negotiations and 2 franchise tags, he didn't act childish like other players have by complaining on social media, sitting out ,demanding trades or other ways of acting out.......but that's just the way that almost every QB handles themselves because they are the adults of the team.

My issue with him has nothing to do with dedication, preparation or professionalism.....it's solely about performance when it counts most
at one point in life the professionalism and leadership is going to have to get us more!!! All this nice guy stuff stand out person is cool, but damn get us some wins in the playoffs sheesh