One Thing We Should All Agree On About Dak

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Dak has the it factor. But the it factor is so U.S.A. All show no inner value.

Yep without a doubt the greatest civilization the world has EVER seen but we've got no inner value....really dude? Shut the hell up man, go take your *** to Venezuela.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I guess everyone is, because no matter who he is playing with HE STILL WINS! It must be everyone else!

It must be tight ends
It must be Linehan
It must be Moore
It must be the Oline

You're thinking one solid receiving threat is a wealth of recources? Think about that for a second.
and the excuses:

* kellen moore sucks, we need a qb coach
* scott sucks, we need a new oc
* the scheme sucks
* the offensive line sucks
* the te sucks
* the wr's can't run a route
* the defense doesn't score enough

lmao.. hum see a pattern?

I like and support Dak, he sucks!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't remember at all. Did I ban you or something?

You pretty much banned anyone back then who wasn't sold on Dak....not cool as moderators should not let there personal views sway the opinion policy of any chat room....but hey life is life and time forgives all....GL to our Cowboys!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread but has anyone wondered why Reid used assets to move on from his #1 pick in the draft QB who knew his system instead of coaching him up?

Of course coaching matters but the best coach on the planet still needs talent.

dfan32

Reaction score
In this day and age more than ever, coaching is a huge part of a Quarterbacks success. Simple examples like Goff with Fisher vs Goff with McVay, and how K. Shanahan can take Nick Mullen’s and make him a legit NFL Qb are great modern examples.

But even in history, no great QB has won a Super Bowl without great coaching. Montana, Brady, Farve, Brees, and Big Ben are all guys who we see as HOF’s but seem to forget the great coaching support they had around them.

I’m positive we all agree that the combo of Moore/Linehan/Garrett are near the bottom 5 in the league at development and expansion of a QB’s game. Without proper coaching, a player regresses or can become inconsistent, as the correct habits are not being taught and retained.

I don’t know why Dak is the only QB who is expected to flourish without good coaching. But it seems to me he is a prime example of a QB who could clean up his game with top notch coaching.

I think we should all agree to reserve full judgment on Dak until we see some type of competant coaching. Only then will we see the full picture.

**To those whining that Dak needs everything to win, please show me a guy who’s won anything significant with a bad coach and average personnel. Any Super Bowl winning team needs both great personnel and at least good coaching. Not one or the other.

dfan32

Reaction score
Just for argument sake, a combo of Wade Wilson and a starting QB CO coaching you.
And it showed.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yeah for sure they did. That's why Romo basically designed his own plays at the LOS and brought the play clock down to 1 almost every play. Lol. Romo was the OC. Linehan was here in name only

So you're saying that a legitimate QB would succeed at a high level, despite Linehan

Interesting. I might actually come around to your side on this one

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Yea. Great point. So when linehan had weapons he produced high powered offenses. Thats the point. When some one is given weapons they should be able to be elite and linehan has proven that.

When given average then you are handicapped in what you can do

Seems pretty obvious

Well said. Linehan can't figure out how to design an offense around a guy with serious accuracy and pocket presence issues and limited field vision

Therefore, Linehan sucks.

Laughable

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yep without a doubt the greatest civilization the world has EVER seen but we've got no inner value....really dude? Shut the hell up man, go take your *** to Venezuela.

Haha.

Yeah.

Right on the money. As you would be with every other country. Nobody likes asocial beings.

kskboys

Reaction score
You pretty much banned anyone back then who wasn't sold on Dak....not cool as moderators should not let there personal views sway the opinion policy of any chat room....but hey life is life and time forgives all....GL to our Cowboys!
You've got me mixed up w/ a different mod. I did very little banning, and didn't ban at all for opinions. I did see others do that.

landroverking

Reaction score
Dak could use a QB Whisper.
Moore not it.
The one thing Dak has is still the “it factor “.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Yea. Great point. So when linehan had weapons he produced high powered offenses. Thats the point. When some one is given weapons they should be able to be elite and linehan has proven that.

When given average then you are handicapped in what you can do
As good as Amari is, he's just not on Moss's or Johnson's level, they were both truly freaks of nature. I don't know if simply telling the QB to throw as far as you can or throwing jump balls to two genetic freaks really count as brilliant schemes or coaching. I give Linehan as much credit for those offenses as I would the OCs that decided it would be a good thing to hand the ball off to Jim Brown and Barry Sanders.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
All due respect, You're proving my point.

You talk about 1 time a decade ago, he did average with bad talent. And everywhere else he's had good talent and done great. Ok, so Linehan has consistently had prolific offenses when he's had good talent at his disposal. We agree on that.

Cooper has shown he's got gamebreaking ability. We have the leagues leading rusher.

Where's the breakdown in our talent pool?

Well, it's QB of course. Am I allowed to think Linehan and Dak could both be upgraded?

You see an OC that does well when not held back by less-than-good talent. I see an OC that needs good talent to carry him. I'm not sure which of us is right, to be honest. Hopefully you, because then there is hope.

As for Dak, I don't dislike him but I don't see him becoming a real passing threat at this rate, either. The strength of this team is not the QB and the strengths of this QB don't include his arm or vision.

Coming back to Linehan, I think it's on him that we're not doing more to take advantage of what Dak's strengths actually are.

Dak needs to be better as a passer and Linehan needs to be better in terms of calling plays for a weak passer.

Edit: I still claim that you or I could scheme the Stafford-Johnson connection effectively. It's not impressive that he accomplished that. It was freaking Megatron.

Last edited:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Well, it's QB of course. Am I allowed to think Linehan and Dak could both be upgraded?

You see an OC that does well when not held back by less-than-good talent. I see an OC that needs good talent to carry him. I'm not sure which of us is right, to be honest. Hopefully you, because then there is hope.

As for Dak, I don't dislike him but I don't see him becoming a real passing threat at this rate, either. The strength of this team is not the QB and the strengths of this QB don't include his arm or vision.

Coming back to Linehan, I think it's on him that we're not doing more to take advantage of what Dak's strengths actually are.

Dak needs to be better as a passer and Linehan needs to be better in terms of calling plays for a weak passer.

Edit: I still claim that you or I could scheme the Stafford-Johnson connection effectively. It's not impressive that he accomplished that. It was freaking Megatron.

I don't know if I agree across-the-board, but I we can certainly find a lot of common ground here

Happy New year friend

Alohawg1

Reaction score
No amount of good coaching can fix lack of instincts, ability to read and anticipate, the things you can’t teach or coach are some of Dak biggest flaws.

True, the bad coaching just makes it worse.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
For the record, Romo was a QB with Linehan for all of 4 games, so I have literally no idea how you came up with that conclusion unless you were just stretching something to make it fit what you wanted it to.

They all played together for Linehan a total of 9 quarters (whom you listed that is).

Sometimes, I'm not up to anything. I just make mistakes.

I thought Linehan started earlier. I guess I was wrong. I hope you didn't waste much time tracking down those specific numbers.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We beat the best team on the list (the Saints) and the Texans game went to OT and took a superman play by Hopkins to do it. The Seahawks game was before Amari Cooper and we lost because two passes hit a WR in the hands and deflect into INTs.

The other two loses were the Colts where they came out flat after six straight wins and then the Titans game.

Its a huge stretch to put that on Prescott.

Wasn't putting it all on Prescott. Wins and losses are the TEAM's record.

The Cowboys have feasted on teams 8-7 or worse (8-2) and struggled with teams 9-6 or better (1-4).

Rationalize it any way you like, but that's the record. Which group do you expect to see in the playoffs?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Sometimes, I'm not up to anything. I just make mistakes.

I thought Linehan started earlier. I guess I was wrong. I hope you didn't waste much time tracking down those specific numbers.

You were more right than he wants to admit

Linehan wasn't the titular OC in 14, his official title was passing game coordinator

But it was well known that he had a lot of dominion over game plans, etc

Callahan was odd man out

That's why he was willing to take a demotion to offensive line coach when he left for Washington. He wanted to run the offense but they gave that responsibility to SL

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
They can be overcome.

Exactly.

If he had physical limitations: height, size, arm strength, etc, those cannot be overcome. If he had a work ethic problem, or a chronic weight issue, or mental issues, or if he was a thug, that couldn’t be overcome.

He’s a great physical specimen with all the measurables and a proverbial “student of the game”. He plays with passion, he’s a leader, and he’s learning how to read NFL defenses.

His flaws are very fixable. The kid would make a huge step forward with a better OC and QB coach. I really believe that having Romo on the bench behind him in year one helped him a lot.