One Thing We Should All Agree On About Dak

817Gill

Reaction score
What he's done in the past, with other teams, is irrelevant to what he's doing now with this one.

I was once a Linehan fan, but he needs to step up his game for 2018.

It's not too late.

Same for Cole Beasley.

Exactly. We all can see that the NFL has changed and offenses and defenses have advanced. Linehans no-motion downfield passing background fit neither this era or quarterback. Linehan is from a different era and is struggling to adjust his offense to Prescott and the current rub-route/pick plays that work so well in today’s game.

Regardless, we need an OC better suited for this NFL and this QB.

Bennie

Reaction score
Exactly. We all can see that the NFL has changed and offenses and defenses have advanced. Linehans no-motion downfield passing background fit neither this era or quarterback. Linehan is from a different era and is struggling to adjust his offense to Prescott and the current rub-route/pick plays that work so well in today’s game.

Regardless, we need an OC better suited for this NFL and this QB.

So you think a new OC will revive Garrett's stale play book?

erod

Reaction score
OK, so is Dak the best QB in the East, since his team will win the East? Wentz didn't look great every game this season, Foles looks good though. All things considered, Foles is probably the best QB in the NFC East right now...

And this Cowboys team is great, huh?????? LOL Rose-colored glasses for sure...

O Line isn't playing consistently great.

The WRs were below average until Coop arrived.

TEs are young and not making a huge impact yet.

The Dee Line is inconsistent (except for D Law)

The LBs are small, but young and fast

And the DBs still get beat too often, especially on 3rd down

And the OC and DC will routinely get outcoached.

And the young kicker has a huge leg, but not consistent....and with all that leg still can't kick the ball far enough in the end zone to thwart kick off returns.

So, yes, this team is GREAT, if you say so... ;)
It is arguable that Dallas has the best overall roster in the NFL. They are in the conversation.

But not at quarterback.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In this day and age more than ever, coaching is a huge part of a Quarterbacks success. Simple examples like Goff with Fisher vs Goff with McVay, and how K. Shanahan can take Nick Mullen’s and make him a legit NFL Qb are great modern examples.

But even in history, no great QB has won a Super Bowl without great coaching. Montana, Brady, Farve, Brees, and Big Ben are all guys who we see as HOF’s but seem to forget the great coaching support they had around them.

I’m positive we all agree that the combo of Moore/Linehan/Garrett are near the bottom 5 in the league at development and expansion of a QB’s game. Without proper coaching, a player regresses or can become inconsistent, as the correct habits are not being taught and retained.

I don’t know why Dak is the only QB who is expected to flourish without good coaching. But it seems to me he is a prime example of a QB who could clean up his game with top notch coaching.

I think we should all agree to reserve full judgment on Dak until we see some type of competant coaching. Only then will we see the full picture.

**To those whining that Dak needs everything to win, please show me a guy who’s won anything significant with a bad coach and average personnel. Any Super Bowl winning team needs both great personnel and at least good coaching. Not one or the other.

There is not such thing as a rookie QB regressing with more experience. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

There are injuries, there are the team around them getting worse, there is losing the team, but its impossible for a QB to get worse from their rookie year by getting more experience. 100% absolutely impossible.

starcity214

Reaction score
It's kind of what I've been saying all along how can we expect that to progress with the quarterbacks coach that he has?

And if the coaches aren't running the scheme that best fits your abilities then why are they there

Ugh!!!

Name me a "premier" QB coach.

Who is this guru that is going to turn Dak into an elite QB?

If those guys existed, wouldn't Tebow have hired one? Why do teams use multiple 1st round picks on QBs if there are coaches out there that can turn turds into diamonds?
Wouldn't they be able to turn late round QBs into elite starters?

Blaming coaches is lazy.

Dak has only had Moore for one season as his coach. Before that, he had other coaches in College and with the Cowboys but Dak has shown no progress even though he hired Tom Brady's QB guru in the off season. People seem to overlook this fact because it's easier to just blame the goofy looking QB coach..

Who is Patrick Mahomes QB coach?
A nobody....that's who!

"Mahomes has Andy Reid boohoo!"
If Andy Reid can turn wine into water, shy did he use multiple picks on a guy? Couldn't he turn any JAG QB into another Mahomes?

Talent matters!

Coaching (as far as player development) is overrated!

There has to be talent there to begin with and there's a reason guys like Goff and Wentz went ahead of Prescott.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
9 QBs couldn't make Garrett's playbook work ...

How many more do we need to verify that Garrett is a genius ?

2016 Dak Prescott (12)
2015 Matt Cassel (7) / Tony Romo (4) / Brandon Weeden (3) / Kellen Moore(2)
2014 Tony Romo (15) / Brandon Weeden (1)
2013 Tony Romo (15) / Kyle Orton (1)
2012 Tony Romo (16)
2011 Tony Romo (16)
2010 Jon Kitna (9) / Tony Romo (6) / Stephen McGee (1)
2009 Tony Romo (16)
2008 Tony Romo (13) / Brad Johnson (3)

* Brandon Weeden was a first round pick, overall 22nd .

* Brad Johnson won a superbowl with the Bucs .

Last edited:

starcity214

Reaction score
Rex Grossman and Tim Tebow say hello.

Mark "butt fumble" Sanchez is better than Dak too.

That guy "took" his team to the AFC championship as a rookie!
And he "took" the jets to multiple AFC championship games after that!!

starcity214

Reaction score
There is not such thing as a rookie QB regressing with more experience. Dumbest thing I ever heard.

There are injuries, there are the team around them getting worse, there is losing the team, but its impossible for a QB to get worse from their rookie year by getting more experience. 100% absolutely impossible.

I wouldn't say Dak regressed but what happened was that Dak didn't improve.

As a rookie, Dak did the same things he does now. Defenses learned his tendencies and weaknesses and Dak didn't improve.
Teams will always learn a players weakness and it's up to the player to overcome his weaknesses...

Teams started taking away the running game and short stuff (doubling Beasley) and Dak couldn't overcome it.

Simple as that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Dak regressed but what happened was that Dak didn't improve.

As a rookie, Dak did the same things he does now. Defenses learned his tendencies and weaknesses and Dak didn't improve.
Teams will always learn a players weakness and it's up to the player to overcome his weaknesses...

Teams started taking away the running game and short stuff (doubling Beasley) and Dak couldn't overcome it.

Simple as that.

Nope. Dak has improved but:

-they figured out his tendencies
-they figure out Garretts boring, predictable offense
-the Oline is injured and terrible
-penalties on the Oline put them in bad situations and cancel out first down plays
-the pass catchers most of the year have been awefull
-they figured out Beasley and what he runs
-His #1 target, Witten quit at the last minute and TE's are rookies and FA's.

starcity214

Reaction score
Nope. Dak has improved but:

-they figured out his tendencies
-they figure out Garretts boring, predictable offense
-the Oline is injured and terrible
-penalties on the Oline put them in bad situations and cancel out first down plays
-the pass catchers most of the year have been awefull
-they figured out Beasley and what he runs
-His #1 target, Witten quit at the last minute and TE's are rookies and FA's.

Lol

Ok... you're entitled to your own opinion man.

Witten-

"Too old and slow and gets no separation"
Now he's a world beater go figure..

Penalties-

Jason Witten on Monday night football Broadcast "I don't understand why Dallas keeps expecting to score points without getting chunk plays. Eventually you will have a penalty or mistake that will derail the drive"

WR corps -

"Dak doesn't need a number 1. Dak is better throwing to the open guy. Look at how good he was when Dez was injured"

Seems like you just make up stuff as you go.
You'll blame anyone you can find as long as JAG Prescott is off the hook..

As far as the playbook goes, the NFL better make Romo a first ballot HOFer because he somehow managed to be a top 10 QB every year despite having the worst coach and playbook in NFL history..

Can't have it both ways.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
9 QBs couldn't make Garrett's playbook work ...

How many more do we need to verify that Garrett is a genius ?

2016 Dak Prescott (12)
2015 Matt Cassel (7) / Tony Romo (4) / Brandon Weeden (3) / Kellen Moore(2)
2014 Tony Romo (15) / Brandon Weeden (1)
2013 Tony Romo (15) / Kyle Orton (1)
2012 Tony Romo (16)
2011 Tony Romo (16)
2010 Jon Kitna (9) / Tony Romo (6) / Stephen McGee (1)
2009 Tony Romo (16)
2008 Tony Romo (13) / Brad Johnson (3)

* Brandon Weeden was a first round pick, overall 22nd .

* Brad Johnson won a superbowl with the Bucs .
branden weeded sucked..... a bad first round pick. there are plenty of those in the NFL.

Brad Johnson was a shell of himself when he got to dallas. noodle arm. but I guess if they won a Super Bowl 5 years before, the talent and skill and strength are still there in your play book.

you are reaching here. reaching really hard...but you whiffed badly