CFZ Only one way to stop the negative narratives Cowboy fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand fans are frustrated with all of the negative narratives about how we can only beat average to below average teams attempting to minimize our blowout wins .

We must also acknowledge that until we kick the door down these narratives will continue . I realize we all want to buy into the hype surrounding this team. And I think more would if we were blowing out some of the top teams in the league .

All NFL wins are worthy as On Any Given Sunday still applies as we found out in Arizona. These blowout wins have been impressive and notable. But until we knock this monkey off our back in January these narratives will continue.

We’ve had these narratives before. We were coined “ next years champion” until we finally kicked the door down . And with our prolonged drought this era advancing deeper in playoffs the monkey is becoming heavier on our backs.

Hopefully we can finally knock it off and storm thru this enormous blockade and cloud which has hung over us . Unfortunately these blowout wins against lesser teams isn’t enough. We will have to win against the better teams on the bigger stages . This will silence the criticism and narratives . It’s the only way!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The people doing this will still continue even if we win a Superbowl.

Its personal with them now and they are to invested for it to ever change.
But if we win the Super Bowl it will fall on deaf ears and have no teeth .

It’s the same reason these narratives don’t attack our owner who should have been held more responsible this era than players and coaches . But since he has rings they don’t target him. Ever notice that?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
But if we win the Super Bowl it will fall on deaf ears and have no teeth .

It’s the same reason these narratives don’t attack our owner who should have been held more responsible this era than players and coaches . But since he has rings they don’t target him. Ever notice that?
I attack our scumbag of an owner at every opportunity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I attack our scumbag of an owner at every opportunity.
Yes but have you noticed these mediots and trolls don’t attack him.

Once you have a ring the narratives don’t hold as much weight as they are all about never winning it.

The targets this era have been focused on certain players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If anyone is taking it personal it's because some people won't stop insulting or attacking.
Yea, we need to have thicker skin. Some of our fans can’t handle the criticism .

Unfortunately until we kick the door down it’s going to get bigger and bigger.

There’s only one way to stop it. Just win…

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Nobody attacks you ....... you are just one of the many who hate when other people are not as miserable as you.
Yet I'm not the least bit miserable. But whateva you want to think

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO there are multiple reasons why fans here have these constant “negative” vs “positive“ standoffs:
  • This is an opinion forum. Which by definition means a variety of opinions will be offered on a variety of people and topics. As long as those opinions are within the rules, it’s all good. No one has to agree with anyone else’s opinions. Either way.
  • Whether someone prefers the “positive” outlook or not, I do understand why many fans find it hard to “buy in” to a positive outlook. Nearly 3 decades of disappointment will do that to people.
  • While other fans can’t stand hearing any negativity because it makes their enjoyment of a season or even a player harder. I get that too.
  • I do understand why some fans tire of negativity. Some of our fans don’t like certain players, coaches or front office people and can get hung up on that alone. To the point it’s all they ever talk about. That can be tiresome but again, it’s an opinion forum. Not a pep squad.
Folks we should ALL be more tolerant of each other’s opinions around here. You don’t like something someone is saying, tell them where you disagree and why, then let it go.

IMO-THE most tiresome thing that happens on this forum are people attacking and insulting their fellow Cowboys fans because they disagree with their opinion. That to me is way more tiresome than negativity or cheerleading.

We can all do better.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Only one way to stop the negative narratives Cowboy fans​

th

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I understand fans are frustrated with all of the negative narratives about how we can only beat average to below average teams attempting to minimize our blowout wins .

We must also acknowledge that until we kick the door down these narratives will continue . I realize we all want to buy into the hype surrounding this team. And I think more would if we were blowing out some of the top teams in the league .

All NFL wins are worthy as On Any Given Sunday still applies as we found out in Arizona. These blowout wins have been impressive and notable. But until we knock this monkey off our back in January these narratives will continue.

We’ve had these narratives before. We were coined “ next years champion” until we finally kicked the door down . And with our prolonged drought this era advancing deeper in playoffs the monkey is becoming heavier on our backs.

Hopefully we can finally knock it off and storm thru this enormous blockade and cloud which has hung over us . Unfortunately these blowout wins against lesser teams isn’t enough. We will have to win against the better teams on the bigger stages . This will silence the criticism and narratives . It’s the only way!!
LoL, what a load of bull. Not because it's wrong but you're drawing all the wrong conclusions out of it.

Of course the negativity will mostly stop once we beat some true contenders. Because all this team has done over the last couple of years was beating up the little kids. So our recent history backs up those sceptical point of views. You just call them negative because of your agenda.

So once this team proves they can win against the big guys sceptics will become more optimistic automatically, they don't need you to tell them Captain Obvious.

This is one of these threads in which someone tells you the sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning and calls himself a genius because he knew.

:laugh:

Eddie

Reaction score
IMO there are multiple reasons why fans here have these constant “negative” vs “positive“ standoffs:
  • This is an opinion forum. Which by definition means a variety of opinions will be offered on a variety of people and topics. As long as those opinions are within the rules, it’s all good. No one has to agree with anyone else’s opinions. Either way.
  • Whether someone prefers the “positive” outlook or not, I do understand why many fans find it hard to “buy in” to a positive outlook. Nearly 3 decades of disappointment will do that to people.
  • While other fans can’t stand hearing any negativity because it makes their enjoyment of a season or even a player harder. I get that too.
  • I do understand why some fans tire of negativity. Some of our fans don’t like certain players, coaches or front office people and can get hung up on that alone. To the point it’s all they ever talk about. That can be tiresome but again, it’s an opinion forum. Not a pep squad.
Folks we should ALL be more tolerant of each other’s opinions around here. You don’t like something someone is saying, tell them where you disagree and why, then let it go.

IMO-THE most tiresome thing that happens on this forum are people attacking and insulting their fellow Cowboys fans because they disagree with their opinion. That to me is way more tiresome than negativity or cheerleading.

We can all do better.

This forum is great to learn new ways to insult each other. :)

Hardline

Reaction score
I give this franchise no benefit of the doubt. Until they raise another Lombardi they are what they currently are . Call it hate if you want to but no one has their finger on the pulse of this team more than me.