CFZ Only one way to stop the negative narratives Cowboy fans

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I literally tried. I typically would match the energy but I’ve been nice about it.
This is you being nice?

o_O

As far as "matching energy"....I have told you before....eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Maybe it's NOT about "matching energy" (that is a new thing and it shows your age).

Maybe it's about WISDOM...so fleeting I admit.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In this instance?

tolerance noun (link)

2a: sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own

Again, it is a question individuals should ask themselves instead of to others in my opinion.
Totally agree.

The real issue is who YOU...ask to do it.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
homers the glass is half full

realist ( idealist) the glass is half empty

Creeper

Reaction score
IMO there are multiple reasons why fans here have these constant “negative” vs “positive“ standoffs:
  • This is an opinion forum. Which by definition means a variety of opinions will be offered on a variety of people and topics. As long as those opinions are within the rules, it’s all good. No one has to agree with anyone else’s opinions. Either way.
  • Whether someone prefers the “positive” outlook or not, I do understand why many fans find it hard to “buy in” to a positive outlook. Nearly 3 decades of disappointment will do that to people.
  • While other fans can’t stand hearing any negativity because it makes their enjoyment of a season or even a player harder. I get that too.
  • I do understand why some fans tire of negativity. Some of our fans don’t like certain players, coaches or front office people and can get hung up on that alone. To the point it’s all they ever talk about. That can be tiresome but again, it’s an opinion forum. Not a pep squad.
Folks we should ALL be more tolerant of each other’s opinions around here. You don’t like something someone is saying, tell them where you disagree and why, then let it go.

IMO-THE most tiresome thing that happens on this forum are people attacking and insulting their fellow Cowboys fans because they disagree with their opinion. That to me is way more tiresome than negativity or cheerleading.

We can all do better.
Thank you!

And also consider that for the first time in 27 years some of us feel like we have a chance this year - to win it all. So sometimes we see things that we think could prevent us from getting there, like no run blocking, or poor red zone offense, or maybe one guy is giving up too many yards in the air. We, as fans, all feel the emotions of winning and losing and losing sucks! We all have negative opinions at one time or another. Some folks hated Kelvin Joseph, others hate Randy Gregory, some were criticizing Tyron Smith. We just want to win and when a player let's us down,, or we think he does, we complain about it.

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
The people doing this will still continue even if we win a Superbowl.

Its personal with them now and they are to invested for it to ever change.
^^^This should've been the end of the thread.

People are raising/have raised their kids to hate the Cowboys and not use any reasoning whatsoever as to why.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
You don't. However its not an admission of being wrong its them staying away until he plays poorly. Because he will at some point. Now if those guys came around here and admitted possibly being wrong? I would agree. But no one admits to being wrong. At all. They take that opinion to their grave. And while I don't respect those type of Cowboy fans.....if a Eagle fan had a issue admitting being wrong i'd understand it. They're rivals full of hatred. But for the life of me I don't get how supposed Cowboy fans have a issue doing it about the team they claim to root for.
Yes, it's kinda hard to figure.
But , human nature is not at its core , positive.