CFZ Only one way to stop the negative narratives Cowboy fans

TheCritic

Reaction score
TBH, I find that the extremes on both sides are equally annoying and boring. I really can't stand negative Cowboys fans who bring up Jerry Jones/curse/30 years as an argument. It's so lazy! But it is fair to argue that this year's team has to prove they can beat winning teams and be able to beat them on the road. They can also argue that the Eagles and/or the 49ers are better teams. I can accept that.

I'm also equally annoyed at these "positive" fans who are really just narcissists and can't handle leaving their Cowboys safe spaces. They shoot down others for being negative yet they conveniently forget the comments they post during games when the Cowboys aren't playing well. They cry at others for crashing the party, as if the party belongs to them.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Our owner thought Thanksgiving’s win was just as good as a Super Bowl, winning in Dallas has been forgotten. I hope the team can get passed it.
It's always going to be about the players themselves wanting to win or not.
That element alone surpasses everything and anything else.
This roster is stockpiled with "winning players."
That is the special element of this team right now.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
TBH, I find that the extremes on both sides are equally annoying and boring. I really can't stand negative Cowboys fans who bring up Jerry Jones/curse/30 years as an argument. It's so lazy! But it is fair to argue that this year's team has to prove they can beat winning teams and be able to beat them on the road. They can also argue that the Eagles and/or the 49ers are better teams. I can accept that.

I'm also equally annoyed at these "positive" fans who are really just narcissists and can't handle leaving their Cowboys safe spaces. They shoot down others for being negative yet they conveniently forget the comments they post during games when the Cowboys aren't playing well. They cry at others for crashing the party, as if the party belongs to them.
Truth

I hate the Pom Poms and the Eeyore's.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Screw narratives. At the end of the day "narratives" don't win or lose games. I know fans and these players seem to care but at the end of the day just go out there and play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The people doing this will still continue even if we win a Superbowl.

Its personal with them now and they are to invested for it to ever change.
Yep. Let's just call it what it is....Cowboys as a brand are hated or loved. The people that hate or dislike this organization aren't going to stop just because you win. Its going to get even worse until it starts eating them up inside.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok your energy didn't warrant the post you replied to lol. He said nothing crazy......
No he said something insane.

He made up in his head, and called it as fact.... something that has never happened.

Not surprising that you don't see it. Not surprising at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No he said something insane.

He made up in his head, and called it as fact.... something that has never happened.

Not surprising that you don't see it. Not surprising at all.
He stated his opinion and you got upset. Where did he say it was a "fact"?

Didn't you just accuse me of saying something yesterday that I didn't say? You might want to dial it back because you're doing it again this time with another poster.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winning a Super Bowl will reduce negative narratives. It will not stop them. There are extremely few examples of all people agreeing on any topic. And that is a huge understatement on my part.

Perhaps winning a Super Bowl will make hearing and reading negative narratives far less frequent is a better reflection of what might happen..?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He stated his opinion and you got upset. Where did he say it was a "fact"?

Didn't you just accuse me of saying something yesterday that I didn't say? You might want to dial it back because you're doing it again this time with another poster.
It actually occurred to me you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing...are you not?

You are making up stuff people never said. You DEPSERATELY need to make up people being unhappy...with something that actually has NOT occurred yet.

So,,,YOU...might want me to "dial it back"...right? Okay....you need to as well. You are making up stuff nobody has said yet...because it hasn't happened.

Let it happen...then let people SAY their piece. THEN you can blast them.

With what they ACTUALLY say.

I admitted I read one word wrong. And so now you use that as ammo. So YOU can make up stuff nobody actually said.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STOP THE NAMECALLING AND CUSSING AT EACH OTHER!
Apparently all this is a little bit complicated for some people. Sorry.

They are allowed to make up stuff nobody actually said.
Lets win something FIRST...then see what people say. Don't make it up in your head to validate your agenda.

That is all I am saying. I think that's fair.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I understand fans are frustrated with all of the negative narratives about how we can only beat average to below average teams attempting to minimize our blowout wins .

We must also acknowledge that until we kick the door down these narratives will continue . I realize we all want to buy into the hype surrounding this team. And I think more would if we were blowing out some of the top teams in the league .

All NFL wins are worthy as On Any Given Sunday still applies as we found out in Arizona. These blowout wins have been impressive and notable. But until we knock this monkey off our back in January these narratives will continue.

We’ve had these narratives before. We were coined “ next years champion” until we finally kicked the door down . And with our prolonged drought this era advancing deeper in playoffs the monkey is becoming heavier on our backs.

Hopefully we can finally knock it off and storm thru this enormous blockade and cloud which has hung over us . Unfortunately these blowout wins against lesser teams isn’t enough. We will have to win against the better teams on the bigger stages . This will silence the criticism and narratives . It’s the only way!!
Truth.
Same for Dak.
Until he wins on the bigger stages, he will have his detractors.
The old saying winning cures a lot of ills applies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It actually occurred to me you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing...are you not?

You are making up stuff people never said. You DEPSERATELY need to make up people being unhappy...with something that actually has NOT occurred yet.

So,,,YOU...might want me to "dial it back"...right? Okay....you need to as well. You are making up stuff nobody has said yet...because it hasn't happened.

Let it happen...then let people SAY their piece. THEN you can blast them.

With what they ACTUALLY say.

I admitted I read one word wrong. And so now you use that as ammo. So YOU can make up stuff nobody actually said.
Look, i'm not speaking for myself. All i'm saying is @zrinkill is a good poster. Whatever issue you have with me is irrelevent i'm just saying your energy is a bit off here. I don't know if you read his post wrong or what but the energy you brought wasn't warranted. He never said his opinion was "fact".

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Apparently all this is a little bit complicated for some people. Sorry.

They are allowed to make up stuff nobody actually said.
Lets win something FIRST...then see what people say. Don't make it up in your head to validate your agenda.

That is all I am saying. I think that's fair.
You must be to young to remember when we won the 90's Superbowls ........ there were "Cowboy fans" then that hated that team because of Landry getting fired and badmouthed them every chance they got no matter what.

It was an agenda before the internet, and its just gotten worse since.

Not to mention I can see your posting history.

Have a great day ........ or miserable one ....... whichever you prefer.