CFZ Only one way to stop the negative narratives Cowboy fans

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Whenever Comes a Time When We WIN The SB,Will Still See The Negative Narratives.
SAS Is Right,There Are Still Some Doofus Cowboys Fans Out There..

Bagman

Reaction score
I understand fans are frustrated with all of the negative narratives about how we can only beat average to below average teams attempting to minimize our blowout wins .

We must also acknowledge that until we kick the door down these narratives will continue . I realize we all want to buy into the hype surrounding this team. And I think more would if we were blowing out some of the top teams in the league .

All NFL wins are worthy as On Any Given Sunday still applies as we found out in Arizona. These blowout wins have been impressive and notable. But until we knock this monkey off our back in January these narratives will continue.

We’ve had these narratives before. We were coined “ next years champion” until we finally kicked the door down . And with our prolonged drought this era advancing deeper in playoffs the monkey is becoming heavier on our backs.

Hopefully we can finally knock it off and storm thru this enormous blockade and cloud which has hung over us . Unfortunately these blowout wins against lesser teams isn’t enough. We will have to win against the better teams on the bigger stages . This will silence the criticism and narratives . It’s the only way!!
So ..once we pound Seattle(a winning team) everyone can finally shut up ? Good. I can't wait.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Oh I agree. I don't know if I said it in this thread but going back and forth with them they keep using the "We haven't played our A game" yet.....that's their new mantra. I think this is their A game they just don't know it yet.
I don't care about the competition in front of us weekly as much as I care about how this team can exploit an obvious weakness.
Have the Cowboys not totally exploited an obvious weakness vs an inferior opponent, and I am over the Arizona loss, that was a moment for this year's team, and they all hate it, bad loss but it happens, and might have been the slap in the face game that got us in motion.
Lets all be realists here, this season and realize that we have to beat SF and Philly in order to get to the big dance, and I will lay my rep on the line in saying that that is achievable.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So ..once we pound Seattle(a winning team) everyone can finally shut up ? Good. I can't wait.
Nope...have to keep pounding.

Show we are a force to be reckoned with.

If we win against Seattle, then poo ourselves the next game....that is something you want to see? Really show them? "good enough"./

Come on....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Negative people are generally negative through their lives 24/7/365.
That generalization is not entirely false. People are often motivated more or less by others. Negative people are more negative when negativity grows. The inverse is true when negativity decreases. Positive people reflect the same traits on the opposite side of the coin.

Put another way, negative people yap more when they feel compelled by more negativity they perceive. They yap less when they do not feel as much negativity. Likewise, positive people yap more when they feel compelled by more positivity and yap less when they feel less of it. It is all human nature.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is "tolerance".
In this instance?

tolerance noun (link)

2a: sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own

Again, it is a question individuals should ask themselves instead of to others in my opinion.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I understand fans are frustrated with all of the negative narratives about how we can only beat average to below average teams attempting to minimize our blowout wins .

We must also acknowledge that until we kick the door down these narratives will continue . I realize we all want to buy into the hype surrounding this team. And I think more would if we were blowing out some of the top teams in the league .

All NFL wins are worthy as On Any Given Sunday still applies as we found out in Arizona. These blowout wins have been impressive and notable. But until we knock this monkey off our back in January these narratives will continue.

We’ve had these narratives before. We were coined “ next years champion” until we finally kicked the door down . And with our prolonged drought this era advancing deeper in playoffs the monkey is becoming heavier on our backs.

Hopefully we can finally knock it off and storm thru this enormous blockade and cloud which has hung over us . Unfortunately these blowout wins against lesser teams isn’t enough. We will have to win against the better teams on the bigger stages . This will silence the criticism and narratives . It’s the only way!!
Even when we kick down the door, the goalpost will still move. Wait and see.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Yea, we need to have thicker skin. Some of our fans can’t handle the criticism .

Unfortunately until we kick the door down it’s going to get bigger and bigger.

There’s only one way to stop it. Just win…
Nah, some of our fans can't handle the hypocrisy with which how are team is covered.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i-dont-even-know-who-you-are-thanos.gif
I am only liking this because it is a great line from Avengers: Endgame. :laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nah, some of our fans can't handle the hypocrisy with which how are team is covered.
No doubt it’s a different era with Social Media , etc but I can assure these younger fans who haven’t experienced winning Super Bowls it ends most of these narratives and criticism which foundation is we haven’t or can’t win it.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Whenever Comes a Time When We WIN The SB,Will Still See The Negative Narratives.
SAS Is Right,There Are Still Some Doofus Cowboys Fans Out There..
Of course but their arguments will not hold any weight and will be no basis for their narratives . These narratives are all based on the fact we haven’t won.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
When we continue to hype ourselves as SB contenders and come up short we are in effect inviting these narratives .

In some ways we are making our own bed inciting these criticisms. And like I was told very young , you have to sleep in it.

Problem is as Cowboy fans it’s difficult to take a lower profile. Our ownership often over hypes our team as well to promote his brand which again invites attention.

What other owners do we hear and see them promoting their team as such. It again falls in that category of putting up or shutting up, And our owner refuses to shut up. It’s a double edged sword . And we must bite the bullet if we don’t meet those expectations.