Opinion: Color Irving Gone

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I agree. We also could have got the Honey Badger without giving up a draft pick. We better not give up a draft pick for Thomas when we could have had the Honey Badger for no draft picks. Irving will be a gigantic loss. This FO is lead by the 2 stooges!! Mo and Larry, Curly works in Cleveland.

Right now Curly is smarter than we thought.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The guy had 7 sacks in what, seven games? Anyone discrediting his ability or value as a pass rusher has their head in their ***. I get arguments about the suspension issue, but Irving is a one man wrecking crew against the pass. I think he could be coached into being a solid run defender too, that's just not what he was asked to do here .

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Well let me say that Earl Thomas and Mathieu aren't of the same caliber. Earl Thomas is a much better safety.

That being said, I'd much rather have Honey Badger than to give up a 1st and a 3rd or whatever the hell the Seahawks think they want for him.

I'd give up a 3rd. Honey Badger could've helped this team.
I think going forward Honey Badger is the better player. Again, worried Thomas’s playing style is going to have him injured a lot.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think going forward Honey Badger is the better player. Again, worried Thomas’s playing style is going to have him injured a lot.

Honey badger has never had the range Thomas has even now. Throw in two busted knees and I'm not feeling it. I would have loved to have him here, but he's not and never will be on Thomas' level.

GoJacks

Reaction score
Has anyone thought that maybe the Cowboys only tendered him with a 2nd is because they didn't think anyone would give up a 1st for him? I think they WANT someone to take him.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The guy had 7 sacks in what, seven games? Anyone discrediting his ability or value as a pass rusher has their head in their ***. I get arguments about the suspension issue, but Irving is a one man wrecking crew against the pass. I think he could be coached into being a solid run defender too, that's just not what he was asked to do here .

i agree with all this. I personally feel Dallas is going no where for at least 2 years, why waste a good players talent here?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Irving isn’t a sure thing. He already is experiencing concussions and he’s immature
No one is a sure thing! Who isn’t immature, look at Ol Jerry partying it up in the Bahamas, instead working the phone to find us a FO or 2.

RamziD

Reaction score
Some of you guys like to act as if Irving has no baggage. If he didn't, no one here would be thinking about trading him for a 2nd round pick. Problem is, he's been suspended for PEDs, got in trouble for conduct with the team, and suffered a concussion with an immediate setback. I don't like our track record with players like that.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
No one is a sure thing! Who isn’t immature, look at Ol Jerry partying it up in the Bahamas, instead working the phone to find us a FO or 2.

I don't even humor the "immature" remarks. He's a young, talented millionaire with a lot of personality. People will brand anything they dont agree with or like as "immature".

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
I don't even humor the "immature" remarks. He's a young, talented millionaire with a lot of personality. People will brand anything they dont agree with or like as "immature".
I just said this & it's nothing that he's done publicly,this thinking derives from his IG page & Twitter account;'-) yeah a 24 year old with more money in the bank than ur average 24year olds is somehow immature u kno becuz 2nd round pick replacements wouldn't be so such:;')

Daillest88

Reaction score
Some of you guys like to act as if Irving has no baggage. If he didn't, no one here would be thinking about trading him for a 2nd round pick. Problem is, he's been suspended for PEDs, got in trouble for conduct with the team, and suffered a concussion with an immediate setback. I don't like our track record with players like that.

Thank you. How long did that concussion sit him back?

Pants

Reaction score
If I truly thought that Dallas was going to compete this next season for a SB, then I would want Irving to be here...that being said, if Indy extends him an offer sheet, I like our chances in the future with the #36 pick.....also, would LOVE Thomas like the vast majority of posters, but not if our first or a second is involved...no thank you...he is a FA next year, so again, if not competing for a SB, then wait until he can sign for no compensation to the Seahawks...

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Thank you. How long did that concussion sit him back?
What concussion?! What game was that concussion cowboys fan?! What play was that he got that gruesome concussion from?! U keep talking about it so I'm sure you can tell me when this incident happened?! & U shouldn't have to Google because if u do...well that kinda explains what type of fan u are?!? Tell me the game tho homie?! Or play?!?...I'll read ur response:;'-)

Section446

Reaction score
I would be 100% okay with them giving up a second rounder for Irving... the guy is virtually un-resignable due to his suspension issues and we appear to be in a rebuild mode as it is.

Daillest88

Reaction score
What concussion?! What game was that concussion cowboys fan?! What play was that he got that gruesome concussion from?! U keep talking about it so I'm sure you can tell me when this incident happened?! & U shouldn't have to Google because if u do...well that kinda explains what type of fan u are?!? Tell me the game tho homie?! Or play?!?...I'll read ur response:;'-)

Wow. The one he experienced against the Commanders