Opinion: Color Irving Gone

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, you can see it this year as well. Go back and take a look at how many times the Eagles trapped David Irving, en route to running for over 200 yards against the Cowboys.

https://***BLOCKED***/163358/2017/1...rapped-cowboys-dt-david-irving-all-game-long/
He's not really a 3T. He's more a Michael Bennett DE that can rush the passer inside on NASCAR packages.

Reactions: CWR

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Fine by me. Great talent but unreliable and no way they give him a long term contract so if you get a 2 this year to use I will be happy.

Dallas is not winning anything this year so I hope they find a player with a 2 that will be here for four years and a second contract.

This pick could be a guard or a tight end both of which are in need here to help the running game and pass protection get back to where it was.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Draft picks can be very valuable but it all depends on whose making the picks.

You can't build your team solely through the draft.

I do believe there's some merit to what the poster is saying because it doesn't make sense to gamble with a player with this type of production in an area that is lacking playmakers.
Exactly, like u have an asset that's an ascending asset with a team friendly contract,& all the measurable...ur return on this particular investment is phenomenal, In which u plucked him off a practice squad to where he is now..a major contributor on a (should be soon) good defensive line group yet u wanna get rid of this r.o.i .. ascending asset to get what?!?..a asset.. just a asset, only to hope for the same setup u had in ur prior..it's what my community calls " Hustling backwards" which I may add this organization does a great deal.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Why is the 2nd round pick so tempting?

So that we can draft a guy, who if we are very lucky, may one day be close to as good as David Irving?

Irving is an absolute freak stud athlete who is about to enter his prime. He has single handedly taken over and dominated multiple games.

Even Demarcus Ware rarely ever took over entire games all by himself the way Irving has.
It's not about football champ, trust me on this because as u said he's a freak& entering his prime. Why would any organization with no struggle to do so do this .. think about it...i can assure u, it has nothing to do with football. & Since it doesn't, it makes it flawed because the best interest is not a interest sorta speak...this is one of the factors of why we're where we're@ where we're@.. a organization. An organization that has not even played in a Championship game, not s super bowl but a measly Championship game in the last 23 years..to put that in perspective. The Falcons, yeah the Atlanta falcons have played in @ least 3 in that time& in two different decades....so to think this teams philosophy is somehow sound& prudent & good is ridiculous & further proves why we are who we are;'-)

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Irving isn’t a sure thing. He already is experiencing concussions and he’s immature
That's a fair point and it's something the team is taking into consideration (obviously) but with our QB on a cheap contract for the next two years, the window is now. To hell with a 2nd round maybe. Give me guys that can play right now let's get this ******* thing done!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Why is the 2nd round pick so tempting?

So that we can draft a guy, who if we are very lucky, may one day be close to as good as David Irving?

Irving is an absolute freak stud athlete who is about to enter his prime. He has single handedly taken over and dominated multiple games.

Even Demarcus Ware rarely ever took over entire games all by himself the way Irving has.
He’s also one failed test away from missing the half the year. I like Irving but the second round pick we could acquire could be a big addition. Also have to think if Irving does go off this upcoming on the cowboys he’s going to cost a lot to resign as well as Lawrence. Imo he doesn’t get picked up. Colts can add a lot with all those picks

ShiningStar

Reaction score
people, we are not doing anything for 2 years at the very least, losing players to go on to a better future is not a bad thing.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I would love the 36th pick for Irving. Can they choose which 2nd rounder to give up? I could see them giving up the 49th pick but not the 36th pick.
We are not going to get their 36 pick and even if we did we are not going to draft a DT/DE near as good as Irving. Giving up Irving for a 2nd round pick is a huge mistake. We already have a proven player and we are going to give him up to gamble on a draft pick. So stupid!!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think we can make them give us more than a 2nd if they want him. We can still trade him for more or less than a 2nd.

I could be wrong, but I think we can be given more by someone to keep us from matching.

Make them pay for him.
We could have made it a first round tender for only 1.4 million more, but our front office is asleep!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Earl Thomas means nothing if your pass rush is bad. Without Irving...it would be. You want Irving in addition to Earl. Not some trade off.
I agree. We also could have got the Honey Badger without giving up a draft pick. We better not give up a draft pick for Thomas when we could have had the Honey Badger for no draft picks. Irving will be a gigantic loss. This FO is lead by the 2 stooges!! Mo and Larry, Curly works in Cleveland.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. We also could have got the Honey Badger without giving up a draft pick. We better not give up a draft pick for Thomas when we could have had the Honey Badger for no draft picks. Irving will be a gigantic loss. This FO is lead by the 2 stooges!! Mo and Larry, Curly works in Cleveland.

Well let me say that Earl Thomas and Mathieu aren't of the same caliber. Earl Thomas is a much better safety.

That being said, I'd much rather have Honey Badger than to give up a 1st and a 3rd or whatever the hell the Seahawks think they want for him.

I'd give up a 3rd. Honey Badger could've helped this team.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Mathieu is not a FS

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He’s also one failed test away from missing the half the year. I like Irving but the second round pick we could acquire could be a big addition. Also have to think if Irving does go off this upcoming on the cowboys he’s going to cost a lot to resign as well as Lawrence. Imo he doesn’t get picked up. Colts can add a lot with all those picks
The risk/reward is well worth it for Irving. But we are going to loss him for a late second, which will become a TE we never play!!

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Concussions.& immature..smh..& y'all bought that line... Concussions?!? Yeah when?!? What game was this?!? I've watched every game since Steve Pelluer was our Quarterback...what play was it Irving got this supposed Concussion. & Since posters are saying plural ( concussions) u have a case study to choose from. @ least give me a example, what game?!...& Now let's look@ immaturity..lol...oh my goodness were do u posters get ur Intel from?!?...Oh the team...ok..ok... Oh no I seen it on his Instagram..yeah that's right, I've seen him act immature on his social media sites..lol... yeah a 24 year old kid coming across as immature on his Social media outlets...yeah that never happens...but yet guys want a 2nd round pick who doesn't have these type of problems& what I seen one poster say headaches ..yeah cuz a even younger get this yall (Football player) won't have these out of this world qualities.smh......i can see why Jerry&CO can view us through the prism they do... because whatever they say.. people would take to the bank. As I said... Idiocracy......

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

LLLOOLLL

Titleist

Reaction score
Anyone who is excited about gaining a 2nd round pick for a guy that's already productive (he had better numbers than Suh last year even with the suspension) her so that we can draft a "maybe" is a fool. We drafted Taco in the 1st last year and I'd take Irving over him 100 times out of 100.

Some people see a draft pick and they go stupid.
For some reason it seems like the grass is always greener in the Zone

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Mathieu is not a FS
He’s a dam good football player that can play Free Safety, slot corner, nickel back, dime back etc. He makes plays consistently. Also, I like Thomas but he is extremely physical for his size. I am worried he will get injured. He has been injured a lot the last 2 years.