Opinion: Cooper Rush is never giving the starting job back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
People need to realize this guy will play 4-5 games. After this game the other 4 teams have tape and their Ds adjust. He’s not a savior. He’s a guy who needs to play smart with the run game snd weirdly let our D do their job…how long since we’ve had that issue?

Swagger

Reaction score
I’ll be surprised if Rush holds the position for more than 3 games. Then it will be Grier for 2-3, and we will then try someone off the street when the real issue is equally the OL, the Wideouts, and the play caller.
Like it was against the Bengals from this season and the Vikings from last. Hang on...

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
People need to realize this guy will play 4-5 games. After this game the other 4 teams have tape and their Ds adjust. He’s not a savior. He’s a guy who needs to play smart with the run game snd weirdly let our D do their job…how long since we’ve had that issue?
People forget he’s going to get more comfortable with his teammates and the offense and our coordinator will also be able to adjust what’s working and what isn’t working.

he’s absolutely gonna throw a pick 6 on a slant soon. How he bounces back will be the key to him pulling off the Wally pipp

aikemirv

Reaction score
Fassels kills me though. Is it worth a blocked punt for 3-4 drive extending penalties on 4th down over the course of the year.

I would love to see the stats for us last year on that!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Rush has clearly worked on his mechanics. He is never going to throw 30 yard ropes but he uncorked some throws in the under 20 yard range that he didn't have in him before.

The Dak hate is understandable given his poor accuracy week 1 but the OP is just reactionary trash.
Get outta here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This team can improve. This defense can be dominant. The oline can start mauling in the run game. If those things happen Dak can get us there.

I'm not counting on it, but I won't rule it out in week 2, after beating the afc Champs especially.
IF those things happen. 30 years of Jerry meddling says it won't. because as soon as we start to see those things, Jerry will get involved to take credit and make additional changes and it will fall apart.

I ruled it out in pre-season.

CWR

Reaction score
IF those things happen. 30 years of Jerry meddling says it won't. because as soon as we start to see those things, Jerry will get involved to take credit and make additional changes and it will fall apart.

I ruled it out in pre-season.

Yeah thats ALWAYS a threat, but in the words of Kevin Garnett, "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"

I understand our reality, seriously I get it. As a fan, in order to keep going I have to rationalize; it's an oblong ball and it bounces funny. Sooner or later it has to bounce our way.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak would have to play worse than week 1 ( if that’s possible) for a month of Sundays for the Jones’s to even think about this. Easy part of the schedule is when Rayne comes back so he should be able to feast on the crap defenses as usual……status quo……no post season success to follow

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yeah thats ALWAYS a threat, but in the words of Kevin Garnett, "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"

I understand our reality, seriously I get it. As a fan, in order to keep going I have to rationalize; it's an oblong ball and it bounces funny. Sooner or later it has to bounce our way.
I used to think like you do. then I just couldn't anymore and came to grips with reality....I feel like we are like the cubs....

Reactions: CWR

coogrfan

Reaction score
Dak about to feel joe romo felt, rush is gonna grab this opportunity by the plums and he isn’t looking back. This is gonna be the new air raid offense. Watch.
Who else definitely agrees ?

giphy.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The sad fact for Cooper is that the organization has made a huge financial commitment to Dak and it won't matter if Cooper goes 5-0. Dak will be the starting QB when healthy enough to play. Thats just how this organization rolls.

CWR

Reaction score
I used to think like you do. then I just couldn't anymore and came to grips with reality....I feel like we are like the cubs....

Believe me I spend time where you reside as well. Wins help me to climb out of the basement for a little fresh air. The team makes sure I don't stay long though.

Status
Not open for further replies.