CFZ Opinions vs Trolling- Some Serious Advice

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Of course that’s totally false . I’ve repeatedly critiqued our QB. I’ve maintained he’s not Elite and closer to average but I stop short of totally blaming him for our lack of success.

There’s only one piece of the Cowboys who I’ve blamed for our lack of more success. Jethro Jone$.

Dak is merely a product of his dysfunctional ways. Much like Garrett was who I also defended against the Lynch Mob.

In a thread today I said if we had Mahomes we’d be instant serious SB contenders.

And I’ve only trolled trolls. And do it pretty darn well. . Lol

Holy hell if I read the word troll one more time I'm going to go get drunk (like I need an excuse).

We have been on opposite sides of the coin at times but I agree that Jerry runs this team like a friggin' circus sideshow and sadly the players follow suit and act like clowns.

I genuinely do not know why we are fans of this team given the dysfunction over the past 25+ years.......hell, when the Texans look appealing you know things are bad. lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A Troll is someone who incites a response .

Bashing a teams QB or most popular player repeatedly is trolling.

If it looks and sounds like a duck, it’s a duck.

If you sound like Stephen A who is admittedly one of the Cowboys biggest trolls. Then guess what, you are a troll too. That goes beyond just a casual criticism .

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's ironic that a thread about not calling people trolls will probably have the record as the thread where people call each other troll.

Sincerely
zrinkill king troll who trolls both trolls and non trolls alike.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I’m writing this to try and reduce some of the unnecessary vitriol and occasional trolling that pops up on our great forum from time to time that can be easily avoided and make this forum even better for everyone. Probably 90-95% of our members show respect at all times so just trying to increase the respect meter around here.

Let me say upfront, we encourage everyone’s opinions about the Cowboys. Having a variety of opinions is what makes this place interesting. What we don’t encourage is name calling, race-baiting, insults, and general immature, trolling behavior. We are Cowboys fans, not e-girls fans.

Here are some serious suggestions to avoid getting the bench:
  • Once you’ve made the same argument time and time again, and many people have disagreed with that same basic argument, there’s no need to just keep making it over and over and over. At some point, we can all agree to disagree and move on.
  • Very few people dug in an opinion are going to suddenly say, “Wow, that 13th time you made that same point, I saw the light.”
  • The constant criticism and nit-picking of your fellow fans is tiresome.
  • We’re not here to win arguments. We’re here to offer opinions.
  • Once you start calling people names or insulting them, you’ve already lost whatever points you wanted to make.
  • If you don’t like someone’s thread, instead of insulting them and the topic, just don’t post on it. The fastest way to kill a thread is to avoid it. They usually die a quick death that way.
Finally- Sometimes there’s a fine line between sharing an opinion repeatedly and trolling. If we all stopped trying to “own” or “school” someone rather than respect them, this place would be so much better than it already is.

I appreciate our forum and every single Cowboys fan who posts here. In the end, there’s so much more we have in common than the things we disagree on around here.

Let’s Go Cowboys!!!
Thanks Bob,
It is sad to see how some of us treat each other on this forum.
Appreciate you bringing attention to this issue.
:starspin::starspin::starspin:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Holy hell if I read the word troll one more time I'm going to go get drunk (like I need an excuse).

We have been on opposite sides of the coin at times but I agree that Jerry runs this team like a friggin' circus sideshow and sadly the players follow suit and act like clowns.

I genuinely do not know why we are fans of this team given the dysfunction over the past 25+ years.......hell, when the Texans look appealing you know things are bad. lol
I see the issues Prescott presents . I see he’s not an Elite QB. He’s over paid . All of the issues .

I also see the bigger picture. The one Jethro has painted. And Dak provides him that “ relative and interesting “ priority that sells and puts butts in the seats.

And he’s not the only reason we aren’t winning championships . He’s doing all he can with the ability he has . Just like Romo was.

Id like nothing more that to draft a first round pick for a QB. And until we do I’m going to root on our QB, warts and all.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks Bob,
It is sad to see how some of us treat each other on this forum..

WigglyBrokenBabirusa-max-1mb.gif

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I see the issues Prescott presents . I see he’s not an Elite QB. He’s over paid . All of the issues .

I also see the bigger picture. The one Jethro has painted. And Dak provides him that “ relative and interesting “ priority that sells and puts butts in the seats.

And he’s not the only reason we aren’t winning championships . He’s doing all he can with the ability he has . Just like Romo was.

Id like nothing more that to draft a first round pick for a QB. And until we do I’m going to root on our QB, warts and all.

Sadly we both know that with Stephen Jones already hinting at a Dak contract restructure drafting of a 1st round QB will not happen anytime soon.

The lack of a legitimate GM and lack of a hands off owner creates this dystopia of crap we have witnessed the last quarter century.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That kinda falls into the legal term, "troll by association," doesn't it? That would make you a troll.
I see myself as more of a troll hunter. I’ve taken this on this year because it’s become so bad I felt like something needed to be done . And obviously one of our Mods felt the same way.

I lobbied earlier for having a separate forum or thread designated specifically for our QB. Much like we had to do for Romo on the old Cowboys forum which brought all of the Romo trolling more under control.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wow…..great post, but it sure started going downhill before the first page was done. I really think there’s no solution to the rude back and forth about the QB. But it’s ruining this forum because even when the title makes it clear which side the OP is on, the other side jumps in and off we go. Even those who post film studies….people who clearly don’t watch the videos and comment, even criticize specifics, just jump in so they can rank. It’s really hard to enjoy anything, not even a win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sadly we both know that with Stephen Jones already hinting at a Dak contract restructure drafting of a 1st round QB will not happen anytime soon.

The lack of a legitimate GM and lack of a hands off owner creates this dystopia of crap we have witnessed the last quarter century.
It is what it is. I waved my white flag years ago. You have to detach your emotions to a certain extent.

I see it as if we didn’t have Romo and Dak to prop up this dysfunctionally ran franchise we’d still be hovering around 5-11 every year.

I’m a little excited this year only cause the old fool got lucky hitting on Parsons .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why not have a Dak Zone???
That’s the ultimate solution. Only one downfall. The trolls actually help generate action which in turn generate revenue.

It’s like the Jethro Jone$ mentality. Bad news drives attention as much or more than good news. This site is driven by the negative rhetoric .

And no subject more sensitive than our QB.

starfan1

Reaction score

I too wish a QB was taken in this draft as well.In fact they should make it a point to take a flyer on latter round QBs on an every other year basis.We got lucky with Romo whos to say we cant strike gold again but its the rest of the roster that jerry need to attend to like a DT. Maybe take a risk or 2 in FA

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

For a lot of us I think it's because we remember what this organization used to be.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
How about 2 Dak threads, one just for bashing and the other for serious discussion? Some of the Dak criticism is way out in left field.

And this way threads which are about other Cowboys players, or another Non-Dak Cowboys subject, or just general Non-Dak football/NFL/game talk, can stay dedicated to those certain topics. Instead of turning into a Dak bashing thread, when the OP didn't even mention him or when the topic of the thread has nothing do to with him. As some fans wants to enjoy discussing a topic without it quickly turning into a Dak bashing thread.