CFZ Opinions vs Trolling- Some Serious Advice

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Bingo, way too much derogatory language and name calling. Even calling others trolls for an opinion that you dont agree with should get you benched. Let’s let free speech flourish on here.

Or everyone could toughen up a little. We don't need to be benching people for calling others trolls. It's not a huge deal.

shabazz

Reaction score
Multiple posts in favor of dedicated Dak thread for all things Dak...

PLEASE DO IT and then shut down everything Dak thread that pops up after.

Exactamundo. It's certainly worth a try. It worked well on the old Cowboys forum. I would estimate that 75% of the civil discourse and thread highjacking is centered on the QB position

The QB position and it's inherent potential for debate is throughout the NFL. I would wager that the Packers and bucs fans are in very heated debates concerning their teams and I would also lay odds that the QB play dominates those same discussions

shabazz

Reaction score
Or everyone could toughen up a little. We don't need to be benching people for calling others trolls. It's not a huge deal.

If you take the easy route you arent the one being called a troll. Those who question the status quo are called trolls

The term doesn't fit the circumstance....that the issue. Trolls are non fans of the Boys just to stir the pot.....thats far from the norm and merely the exception

Starstruck22

Reaction score
People should be benched for calling any name, troll or otherwise. Rule number 8 is clear. No names, no personal attacks on other members, and no insinuations which are attacks. Let’s respect free expression. If you dont like it ignore it. No one forces anyone to read a thread.

shabazz

Reaction score
So then everyone on here is a troll….who does not believe their opinion is based on facts???

My God it's killing me not to answer this softball and hit it out the park....

Hint....its nobody here in this forum. Lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
Trolls are not Dallas Cowboys fans. They come over to get jollies. Fans that don’t like a specific player will just wait for that player to make a mistake to prove a point. Hard to tell the difference.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Trolls are not Dallas Cowboys fans. They come over to get jollies. Fans that don’t like a specific player will just wait for that player to make a mistake to prove a point. Hard to tell the difference.
I agree. I am a dyed in the wool hard core Dallas fan with a the star tat on my forearm. I tell people I will never divorce Dallas no matter how bad so the tat is staying. But I am very critical of certain players and the Jones mentality that has led to a quarter century drought. And the fact that HOF cowboys never see a super bowl with this team because of the thrift store bargain basement mentality or overpaying some JAGs. But I am not a troll and only seek to see this team win a super bowl again before I die. But have been called a troll numerous times. I am not. I hate the gnats, washington, philly with extreme passion.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We have other team fans on this forum for sure ..some wear it some hide it..Im cool with the ones that wear it and even enjoy going back and forth with them....dont have much like for the ones who act like Cowboys fan but are clearly for another team, its dirty to me. If your an enemy fan just own it and enjoy the back and fourth, youll get more respect from me. As far as the name calling, as you see on this thread about stop name calling..both sides believe that what they call the other is fine but do not like the name that comes back..lol

Starstruck22

Reaction score
We have other team fans on this forum for sure ..some wear it some hide it..Im cool with the ones that wear it and even enjoy going back and forth with them....dont have much like for the ones who act like Cowboys fan but are clearly for another team, its dirty to me. If your an enemy fan just own it and enjoy the back and fourth, youll get more respect from me. As far as the name calling, as you see on this thread about stop name calling..both sides believe that what they call the other is fine but do not like the name that comes back..lol
Let’s all agree to honor rule number 8. No names (troll or otherwise), no personal attacks or insinuations. If you dont like the opinion or member hit the ignore button. Every member regardless of team loyalty (mine is da boys) has a right their opinion no matter how foolish or ill constructed.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Let’s all agree to honor rule number 8. No names (troll or otherwise), no personal attacks or insinuations. If you dont like the opinion or member hit the ignore button. Every member regardless of team loyalty (mine is da boys) has a right their opinion no matter how foolish or ill constructed.

Nice thought but sadly will never happen so all you can do is stay in your lane and deal with issues as they arise.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing that we all need to consider and own. It is incumbent on all of us to keep these forums civil and respectful, not just the mods to police it.

That is a human being at the end of that keyboard, not some robot with no feelings. And let me say, if you spent some time in the OTZ where some bare their fears and tribulations, you would see a lot of people are fighting their battles and they do not come here for more.

The words hater and troll get casually thrown around here when they do not actually apply most of the time. In fact, the large majority of the words casually thrown at your fellow members do not apply.

I do have a question for some. You like a player or a coach and someone else doesn't, why do you care? This isn't someone trashing a friend of yours that you feel the responsibility to defend. Is Dak Prescott going to send you a Christmas card for standing up for him? Why do you care if someone else doesn't like him or want him for QB?

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree. I am a dyed in the wool hard core Dallas fan with a the star tat on my forearm. I tell people I will never divorce Dallas no matter how bad so the tat is staying. But I am very critical of certain players and the Jones mentality that has led to a quarter century drought. And the fact that HOF cowboys never see a super bowl with this team because of the thrift store bargain basement mentality or overpaying some JAGs. But I am not a troll and only seek to see this team win a super bowl again before I die. But have been called a troll numerous times. I am not. I hate the gnats, washington, philly with extreme passion.
I believe ya. I back the players. But the GM needs to go. McClay is doing a good job drafting. But getting these once was players is very hit or miss. We always hope when getting players like Peters that he could give us more snaps. I know he is 40, just using him as a example. SJ could do better but I think teams already know they can rip him. We just got that DT for a 6th rounder. I am already wondering what’s wrong with him. Lol. Hoping Dak can come back and play like last years streak before injury. I am getting critical of Moore. He knows the formula.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
One thing that we all need to consider and own. It is incumbent on all of us to keep these forums civil and respectful, not just the mods to police it.

That is a human being at the end of that keyboard, not some robot with no feelings. And let me say, if you spent some time in the OTZ where some bare their fears and tribulations, you would see a lot of people are fighting their battles and they do not come here for more.

The words hater and troll get casually thrown around here when they do not actually apply most of the time. In fact, the large majority of some of the words casually thrown at your fellow members do not apply.

I do have a question for some. You like a player or a coach and someone else doesn't, why do you care? This isn't someone trashing a friend of yours that you feel the responsibility to defend. Is Dak Prescott going to send you a Christmas card for standing up for him? Why do you care if someone else doesn't like him or want him for QB?

Well said my friend.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe we should just call everyone Troll/Homer

In today's world I would not want to use the wrong pronouns.

Maybe turn it into cool slang like "what's up my troll?" Or "Yo Homer let's dip!"

No?

Ok let's just start benching everyone then cause of feelings.