CFZ Opinions vs Trolling- Some Serious Advice

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Depends. If there are valid criticisms presented, whether you deem them valid or not, then it's not trolling at all.
Unless if it becomes abusive or habitually obsessive .

If you become like Stephen A or other known admitted Trolls on the Cowboys then guess what… you’re probably a troll too if all you do is start threads bashing our QB.

starfan1

Reaction score
Depends. If there are valid criticisms presented, whether you deem them valid or not, then it's not trolling at all.
it is if its in threads unrelated to him. them its just continous vitrol towards a player you dont like whether you think they are valid or not. We have anywhere from 10-20 threads related the the QB on the front page regularly there is no need to turn the ones that arent into 1.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For a lot of us I think it's because we remember what this organization used to be.
Sure our glory era’s. But that’s not who we are anymore. And haven’t been for almost 3 decades. Only in name .

I guess it’s going to take another generation of disappointment and frustration to finally sink in to everyone's head that are not that franchise anymore.

The last two generations may need to die off. If our owner doesn’t first.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wow…..great post, but it sure started going downhill before the first page was done. I really think there’s no solution to the rude back and forth about the QB. But it’s ruining this forum because even when the title makes it clear which side the OP is on, the other side jumps in and off we go. Even those who post film studies….people who clearly don’t watch the videos and comment, even criticize specifics, just jump in so they can rank. It’s really hard to enjoy anything, not even a win.
As dumb as it sounds, I really wish there was only 1 thread per week allowed for discussing QB play, just as we don’t start new threads during a game. I can honestly say, I think I would never click on the QB thread even if I had something to say. I need that whole thing removed from my enjoyment of the team. Any thread about any aspect of the Offense (OL, WRs, TEs, run game, OC) always gets infiltrated with QB comments that are unrelated and clearly instigating an argument. This week, I even saw a thread about the defense become one where the QB was blamed and then defended.

I keep reading and responding where I can, but other than a few “my take on the game” and “game ball” types of threads, the rest are usually ruined, just like this one, before the first page is filled. I know the mods are trying to be diplomatic and don’t want to be the police or handcuff opinions, but seriously, even you moderators must hate as much as anyone what you see here, regardless of where you fall on the QB issue.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I too wish a QB was taken in this draft as well.In fact they should make it a point to take a flyer on latter round QBs on an every other year basis.We got lucky with Romo whos to say we cant strike gold again but its the rest of the roster that jerry need to attend to like a DT. Maybe take a risk or 2 in FA

They tried the late round stuff with QB reaches and it ends up being a wasted pick. If they are serious then they need to dedicate a 1st thru 3rd rounder on a QB.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
With all due respect go back and read posts where members were celebrating Rush guiding the team to 4 straight wins because it helped the team and yet they were attacked as trolls and haters by those supporting Dak more than the team.
This is the same side of a 2 sided coin so include both sides and not just one side.

I don't disagree with you. I think both sides can cause issues. Posters who like Dak way too much can be just as big of a pain. At the same time actively just hating on Dak over and over is much worse then being obsessed with Dak.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’m writing this to try and reduce some of the unnecessary vitriol and occasional trolling that pops up on our great forum from time to time that can be easily avoided and make this forum even better for everyone. Probably 90-95% of our members show respect at all times so just trying to increase the respect meter around here.

Let me say upfront, we encourage everyone’s opinions about the Cowboys. Having a variety of opinions is what makes this place interesting. What we don’t encourage is name calling, race-baiting, insults, and general immature, trolling behavior. We are Cowboys fans, not e-girls fans.

Here are some serious suggestions to avoid getting the bench:
  • Once you’ve made the same argument time and time again, and many people have disagreed with that same basic argument, there’s no need to just keep making it over and over and over. At some point, we can all agree to disagree and move on.
  • Very few people dug in an opinion are going to suddenly say, “Wow, that 13th time you made that same point, I saw the light.”
  • The constant criticism and nit-picking of your fellow fans is tiresome.
  • We’re not here to win arguments. We’re here to offer opinions.
  • Once you start calling people names or insulting them, you’ve already lost whatever points you wanted to make.
  • If you don’t like someone’s thread, instead of insulting them and the topic, just don’t post on it. The fastest way to kill a thread is to avoid it. They usually die a quick death that way.
Finally- Sometimes there’s a fine line between sharing an opinion repeatedly and trolling. If we all stopped trying to “own” or “school” someone rather than respect them, this place would be so much better than it already is.

I appreciate our forum and every single Cowboys fan who posts here. In the end, there’s so much more we have in common than the things we disagree on around here.

Let’s Go Cowboys!!!
I believe and back what you're saying here, but a fair percentage of peeps are going to stay on their drum and beat their narrative.

The best posters in the house have learned that they can actually change their original opinions sometimes through a discussion.

The fight club will always exist in an open forum, its opinion driven, but it is who you choose to appreciate and respect and respond to is and should always remain everyone's right.

There should be no need for anything further as far as pre established rules of posting, it seems fair and the Mods keep it clean and send those deserving to the bench when necessary.

Ive been benched for about 24 hours since Ive been around.... 2004

Cant even remember what it was for now ....:D

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see myself as more of a troll hunter. I’ve taken this on this year because it’s become so bad I felt like something needed to be done . And obviously one of our Mods felt the same way.

I lobbied earlier for having a separate forum or thread designated specifically for our QB. Much like we had to do for Romo on the old Cowboys forum which brought all of the Romo trolling more under control.

LOL....This guy wants to put Dakko on ice in his own thread to limit the criticism of your man-crush who stinks it up on a regular basis.
Well, bud your man crush happens to occupy one of the most lucrative and major HOT seats in the NFL, do you comprehend this?
Of course, he is the most discussed player in these forums esp after the contract he got from Jerry.
Let's call it as it has played out as Mr.Prescott can add splitting this fan base to its core as another one of his drawbacks!!!
Go get them, Troll Hunter!!!!
5d382eb2-1281-48f3-8b07-b2a265ac9b6e_text.gif

starfan1

Reaction score
They tried the late round stuff with QB reaches and it ends up being a wasted pick. If they are serious then they need to dedicate a 1st thru 3rd rounder on a QB.
sometimes your right .I think we got lucky with Romo we also had a decent one in Matt Moore but were unable to keep him. But your right franchise QBs tend to come from thefirst few rounds. I have been on record that this year depending on how things go and how the cowboys lose that Jerry should mortgage a couple picks and go after a big time talent if its clear that the reason we failed was the QB position

The problem is the roster has always had soo many shortcomings its hard to pinpoint it being just the QB. even a first rounder will have growing pains and we are close. this is the best complete team weve had in recent memory and that include 07 through last year IMO. Looking at the FA crop I dont see a clear better than Dak option.

Im getting too old to see a total rebuild. Ive waited long enough. If Bryce young could come in as a rookie and play better than Dak if he fails then im all for mortgaging some picks ,however Ive gotten used to jerry screwing things up so hell kick the prescott can down the road even if he fails

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are the names Dak supporters get called on this board, violating what Bob was talking about as well?

Nothing wrong with calling someone a Dak supporter. But the flip side if I don't like the way Dak plays I'm called hater, troll, idiot, don't know football, a no nothing, and all kinds of stuff that ruffles the Dak supporters feathers.

starfan1

Reaction score
LOL....This guy wants to put Dakko on ice in his own thread to limit the criticism of your man-crush who stinks it up on a regular basis.
Well, bud your man crush happens to occupy one of the most lucrative and major HOT seats in the NFL, do you comprehend this?
Of course, he is the most discussed player in these forums esp after the contract he got from Jerry.
Let's call it as it has played out as Mr.Prescott can add splitting this fan base to its core as another one of his drawbacks!!!
Go get them, Troll Hunter!!!!
5d382eb2-1281-48f3-8b07-b2a265ac9b6e_text.gif

this fanbase was split before Prescott ever arrived dude and you know it.
5209.png

it started here and it hasnt stopped.Thats not confirming one side is right or not but here is where it started

75boyz

Reaction score
My memory may be failing me, but I think I read somewhere here that was tried during the Romo era and didn't have the desired effect.

I think it maybe should be re-considered.
Just one man's opinion though.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My memory may be failing me, but I think I read somewhere here that was tried during the Romo era and didn't have the desired effect.

:laugh::laugh:

Quarterbacks… can never make anyone happy.

Guess that’s why they get the big bucks!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I’m writing this to try and reduce some of the unnecessary vitriol and occasional trolling that pops up on our great forum from time to time that can be easily avoided and make this forum even better for everyone. Probably 90-95% of our members show respect at all times so just trying to increase the respect meter around here.

Let me say upfront, we encourage everyone’s opinions about the Cowboys. Having a variety of opinions is what makes this place interesting. What we don’t encourage is name calling, race-baiting, insults, and general immature, trolling behavior. We are Cowboys fans, not e-girls fans.

Here are some serious suggestions to avoid getting the bench:
  • Once you’ve made the same argument time and time again, and many people have disagreed with that same basic argument, there’s no need to just keep making it over and over and over. At some point, we can all agree to disagree and move on.
  • Very few people dug in an opinion are going to suddenly say, “Wow, that 13th time you made that same point, I saw the light.”
  • The constant criticism and nit-picking of your fellow fans is tiresome.
  • We’re not here to win arguments. We’re here to offer opinions.
  • Once you start calling people names or insulting them, you’ve already lost whatever points you wanted to make.
  • If you don’t like someone’s thread, instead of insulting them and the topic, just don’t post on it. The fastest way to kill a thread is to avoid it. They usually die a quick death that way.
Finally- Sometimes there’s a fine line between sharing an opinion repeatedly and trolling. If we all stopped trying to “own” or “school” someone rather than respect them, this place would be so much better than it already is.

I appreciate our forum and every single Cowboys fan who posts here. In the end, there’s so much more we have in common than the things we disagree on around here.

Let’s Go Cowboys!!!
Agree. But, after +26 years of no/Zero NFC Championship games versus 18 NFC Conference Championship games in 35 years, you know what I am going to call this football team and what I am going to call the owner.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, I guess I was wrong, I can't say what I want to say.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman
Carter
Romo
There were daily wars about EVERY QB we've ever had , I mean nasty season long wee weeing contests.
State your peice , respond once or twice and move on. There are so many topics and so much knowledge to be had.
After all, we all hate the damn eagles don't we!!