Orlovsky: Cowboys set Dak up to fail on offense

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No you haven't.

What are the names of QBs you think win the SB with Dallas last year? Not some abstraction. Name names.
read slower -

i do not play that "what if" game to this degree. i pick a name you run off on why that qb would fail here also. i do not get off on delusional emotionally charged discussions of fantasy and how a particular person may do in another system.

i also do not pick one year and say PROVE IT HERE as ONE YEAR isn't ****. i didn't judge dak off a stellar rookie year either. i kept watching.

now, you want me to "name names" so you can run off into abstraction and talk more of whatever the hell this is you're talking. i don't do this.

dak needs a team to carry him. he can't carry the team. he's a top flight bus driver but that's about it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This is a stupid question. It is what you guys do though. Dumb it down to this ridiculous argument. An argument that literally nobody has made. Yet here you are clinging to this fallacy as your lifeline to defend Dak against the haters. All emotion, no reason.
No it isn't. If the logic that the team is good and the QB is holding it back from winning the Super Bowl, then it should be easy to point out other QBs who would have won here.

You people act like you're on some higher level of thinking when you can't even respond to the most basic, fundamental question of your logic. If you can't answer this question, then you have no point.

fivetwos

Reaction score
‘I don’t understand how mid round draft picks can’t come in and be immediate impact players,’ Stephen Jones thinks to himself while scratching his head.

I’ll ask again….if management claims that there’s no money left to add players to the group that has proven many times to not be capable, where are we going with this?

I suppose the plan is to hope for miracle drafts.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
This is a stupid question. It is what you guys do though. Dumb it down to this ridiculous argument. An argument that literally nobody has made. Yet here you are clinging to this fallacy as your lifeline to defend Dak against the haters. All emotion, no reason.
its a diversion. when you can't prove you're emotionally correct (who can, really?) then he does a rabbit hole distraction to get you to play so he can sideline the conversation THINKING it will somehow equate to dak sucking less.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
‘I don’t understand how mid round draft picks can’t come in and be immediate impact players,’ Stephen Jones thinks to himself while scratching his head.

I’ll ask again….if management claims that there’s no money left to add players to the group that has proven many times to not be capable, where are we going with this?

I suppose the plan is to hope for miracle drafts.
they can. late round picks can be the greatest qb of all time.

but that is the exception. play the odds.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
No it isn't. If the logic that the team is good and the QB is holding it back from winning the Super Bowl, then it should be easy to point out other QBs who would have won here.

You people act like you're on some higher level of thinking when you can't even respond to the most basic, fundamental question of your logic. If you can't answer this question, then you have no point.
its a stupid question because its all subjective and just changes the argument to different players, not results.

someone names another player you go off on why that player would lose also but - HOW DO YOU PROVE IT?

you don't.

ergo, its a buttnugget stupid question.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score

Nobody has said the QB alone is holding this team back from a SB. Nobody.

You lack the basic and fundamental understanding of our logic. Your point is constructed out of straw.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nobody has said the QB alone is holding this team back from a SB. Nobody.

You lack the basic and fundamental understanding of our logic. Your point is constructed out of straw.
im not sure any qb could win with this team or last. but when i say things like "dak can't carry this team" it doesn't mean i think anyone can.

brady has proven he can carry a team if he has to.
dak has not.

now can brady win on this or last years cowboys team?

no.

but that doesn't invalidate the point that dak can't carry a team and that's what they're trying to do.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's just childish deflection, usually happens when they have no answer.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
its impossible to substantiate a point based off an opinion. i could namy any qb at all and all you would do is say SEE NO - THEY CAN'T WIN HERE EITHER!

bet you $5 that's what you do in the end.
Lol I can't believe someone just actually wrote and hit send on that first sentence. I would do that, because unless the name is Pat Mahomes, you would be making a totally baseless argument, and you know it.

"There is enough to win a SB in Dallas but I can't name a QB who would have done better" is a preposterous way to think.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Lol I can't believe someone just actually wrote and hit send on that first sentence. I would do that, because unless the name is Pat Mahomes, you would be making a totally baseless argument, and you know it.

"There is enough to win a SB in Dallas but I can't name a QB who would have done better" is a preposterous way to think.
which isn't what i said.

we got a $5 bet or not? seems you've already picked a player so fine.

mahomes.

now tell me he'd not win here either cause this team sucks and i'll tell you where you can donate my $5.

NOW - in the event you ever wish to talk with me as an adult, please let me know, don't make my side of the discussion for me and if you feel you must, at least try to say something intelligent.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
which isn't what i said.

we got a $5 bet or not? seems you've already picked a player so fine.

mahomes.

now tell me he'd not win here either cause this team sucks and i'll tell you where you can donate my $5.

NOW - in the event you ever wish to talk with me as an adult, please let me know, don't make my side of the discussion for me and if you feel you must, at least try to say something intelligent.
Mahomes and Josh Allen would do better here than Dak. I think Lamar's skillset makes it possible, and Herbert/TLaw have more arm talent that would allow them to compensate for some of the lack of separation issues better than Dak.

BUT, other than for Mahomes, that hasn't mattered in the playoffs, so the idea that it would compensate enough in Dallas is flawed. There's no logic to it.

Now go ahead and name the QBs you think.