Orlovsky ranks the impact of starting QBs

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Turnover prone is the rate at which he makes turnover-worthy mistakes. Allen fumbled more often and threw more interceptable passes.
You'll have to show me what you are talking about. Especially the "interceptable" passes. That's a real stat?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrong. Last year Dak tried to win games by himself. Other than Lamb and Pollard he was it. He forced the ball hence the int’s. Not shocked you don’t understand this.
So you are saying he didn't have the IQ to NOT force the ball? Just asking...not sure what you are saying here exactly. Please be civil.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
I'm sorry but what exactly has Justin Herbert done that Dak hasn't? Josh Allen was MORE turnover prone than Dak last year.

Orlovsky's a clown, but the logic in these lists is always off .
He has a much higher ceiling and not near the floor. Plus consistency and able to breathe through his nose is an added bonus.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm sorry but what exactly has Justin Herbert done that Dak hasn't? Josh Allen was MORE turnover prone than Dak last year.

Orlovsky's a clown, but the logic in these lists is always off .
Ceiling is what elevated Herbert.
Dak has zero ceiling at this point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not sure that's a fair statement. You can say that about a lot of offensive players, including some in the HoF.

May not be fair but when you see teams literally not rushing so he is forced to throw downfield then it should raise some red flags.

Sydla

Reaction score
Agree with the top list except for Hurts.

Dude is a product of the system they run.
It really is going to be fascinating watching Hurts this year. Usually “system” guys start to show chinks in their armor as teams begin to figure out the QB, scheme, etc.

Tougher schedule as well for Philly. Will Hurts rip off another impressive season like last year or will we see some regression?

GMO415

Reaction score
Not sure about Jimmy G or Mac........Stafford is 2nd tier IMO

I really don't get this Hurts deal. He had one terrific year. Now, can he sustain running the ball? Nope.

He's about to show he's not all that if he can't run.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I love how Dak after 1 bad season with INTs is a turnover machine and Jalen with 1 good season is an elite QB.
All three groups combined have 4 guys who have ever won a Super Bowl. The list of quarterbacks that have something to prove this season includes Allen, Prescott, Herbert, Hurts, and plenty of others. I thought ridiculous speculation would subside post draft. Apparently not.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I really don't get this Hurts deal. He had one terrific year. Now, can he sustain running the ball? Nope.

He's about to show he's not all that if he can't run.
I agree but his two top 5 WR receivers scare teams to deaf. Unless you have two legit CBs ( most teams don't ) that contain both receivers with single coverage, he's either going to find a mismatch or have a chance to run on any given play. We are one of the few teams with enough personnel to stop their offense.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Wrong. Last year Dak tried to win games by himself. Other than Lamb and Pollard he was it. He forced the ball hence the int’s. Not shocked you don’t understand this.
He threw into coverage. He threw inaccurate passes. Receivers ran wrong routes, gave up on routes, screwed up at the top of the route, etc. The offense was a predictable with poor disguise on play action and constant curls and deeps in/out that made us very predictable.

What concerns me is how he started throwing into coverage. It was like he was not seeing coverage and getting fooled whereas before that was not a problem. The moves that they have made look to address that concern so I cannot complain.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not sure about Jimmy G or Mac........Stafford is 2nd tier IMO

sorry, I wouldn't put Hurts on that top list. He had the best OL in football. top 3 WR group. a top 5 TE. a top 3 defense. top 3 running game. tell me how many on that second list wouldnt' benefit from having that.
Lawrence? not yet. barely over .500 and in one of the weakest division in football.
I am on record that I am not a Jackson fan. he is a RB playing QB. his post season record is abysmal. he is a regular season QB, and in playoffs he is rather easily neutralized playing against better defenses.
Herbert throws a pretty ball. took 4 years to get to playoffs, with a pretty decent offensive group. choked when he got there.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He was the same guy who thought Wentz was one of the top QB's just 3 seasons ago, so happens that his wife's family is from philly. I wouldn't take any opinions from ESPN as they are looking more for ratings and actual real analysis.
Who the F cares! The Eagles were wrong about Wentz too but they moved on and corrected a mistake. Nobody is perfect but Orlovsky has a pretty correct list up.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Turnover worthy plays.
WB65CvZ-.png-large.png

Allen had 13 total fumbles. Fumbles lost is irrelevant.

Don't talk about coming correct. Allen was unequivocally more turnover prone.

Good hustle, good effort.

I'm going to just keep posting this one every time someone mentions Dak's INTs

Then you better also post the ones where the DBs dropped certain interceptions too? It's only right to be fair and balanced. but i guess it don't fit your agenda. Yes Dak sucked in a very short span.

Motorola

Reaction score
This is the guy who absolutely sucked at QB, but he believes he knows how to judge QBs? What a joke.
Orlovsky simply was a career juourneyman backup / 3rd string QB across 12 seasons with 4 teams.
Total games played in - 26; total starts - 12; teams' (two) records when he started .....0-7 and 2-3.

Last edited:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Then you better also post the ones where the DBs dropped certain interceptions too? It's only right to be fair and balanced. but i guess it don't fit your agenda. Yes Dak sucked in a very short span.
What? Turnover worthy is exactly what counts for dropped interceptions.