Orlovsky stop talking super bowls Jerry - you're more concerned with comfort

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Huh?

Basically what you are saying is there is no coach we could hire that would do a better job than McCarthy.

That's pretty ridiculous.
There’s no coach that Jerry would hire? No. It’s not ridiculous. We can dream about Ben Johnson, Bellicheat and all these other names let’s be for real. How many times do you have to see us hire these Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips to see what we will hire? We have to stop lying to ourselves. Mike is probably the best we can hope for. Hell it wouldn’t shock me if they made Kellen Moore head coach next year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The dagger will be trotting out Dak under center next season. At least give MM something to work with. I think I’m in the minority on this but imo Dak handicaps any HC and OC.
He probably does but then I see Kevin Stepanaski and Mike Tomlin win with trash. Dak is not an excuse for McCarthy because when Dak got All Pro all y’all did was sing his praises then when he sucks he handicaps him.

Havic

Reaction score
I’d love to have Kevin stepsnaski here, I know he is under contract but wins with trash QBs

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Huh?

Basically what you are saying is there is no coach we could hire that would do a better job than McCarthy.

It’s not as easy as you and many others make it seem. The playoffs have been failures with McCarthy but the team is 36-15 it’s last 50+ Regular season games and is in the best stretch of football for this organization since the 90s. In the playoffs every year- which isn’t good enough nor has it been but you can’t win a super bowl without being in the playoffs consistently minus some exceptions.

If you’re getting harbaugh or belichick then on paper you are unequivocally bringing better coaches in but beyond that a with new coach like slowik or Johnson, it’s a complete roll of the dice that they’ll have anywhere near regular season success McCarthy has had here.

It’s ultimately about the playoffs which is why Mike won’t get an extension and get one last crack but this wasn’t an easy decision like so many try to make it. We are fans, we want blood, we want heads to roll, I get it but in the organizations eyes they are in the midst of the best success they’ve had here in 28 years

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Orlovsky & crew on Get Up

They were all appalled at keeping McCarthy.

Orlovsky was apoplectic he said ;

You keep MM you better have the most aggressive off season in Cowboys history.

- Fix the RT
- Fix the shambolic penalties
- Get a running back - Pollard is out
- Overhaul the run defense

The fact that Aikman relayed that JJ was too old for an overhaul- is a disgrace to fans per the panel.

This loss isn’t on Jerry Jones or the front office - it’s on Mike McCarthy.
MM can't do much if he doesn't have the groceries he needs!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
That is a good to-do list. If I had to choose one to look closer at it's the RT position getting fixed. Will Steele be better a year removed from surgery or have we seen the best that we can expect? How the Cowboys feel will be answered early in the draft.
and you're fooling yourself completely, the best chance we have of that is if he's injured somehow and we put in richards, Steele is going NOWHERE, he was signed to a big deal, you're not about to cut him/trade him already. Yes he was horrible, but let's think this one out bud. SMH!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He isnt wrong though.

If you want to run it back with the coaching staff that let its players party the night before a playoff game, had no plan coming in, and looked completely lost, the only way you do that is if you are aggressive on all player aquisition fronts. That means FA as well. And not waiting 2 weeks to sign someone when everyone else is gone.

That means going to get a Derrick Henry, get a new OL coach because man ours was bad, go see if Pollack is available, Draft OL and DL high. No more risks in the second round. Honestly at this point. I am bringing in BB as assistant HC/DC (yes i know it wont happen) I would bring him in saying you will be HC next year if we dont succeed and if we do you I will let you out of your contract and you can go retire with Jimmy.
Hey you may be on to something the BB stuff i'm not sure about that, he has too much pride to be 1/2 a head coach lol, it's either all or nothing, and MM would be looking over his shoulder all season. Having him as a consultant etc oh yes!!! But as far as this team, the we like our guys stuff has got to go!!!!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They are being brainwashed with not so good information or analysis. Plus, those talking heads are mostly Cowboys haters, so they are always talking crap. Bunch of losers.
The Packers are a good team when healthy. It’s not like getting lucky and getting the Giants and San Francisco without there top 3 quarterbacks at home.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, why can't we find some butt sniffer like kurt warner or some other guy to talk up the loser team like he does the qb? I'm holding my breath waiting on kurt to come to rescue the choker.......

1942willys

Reaction score
Huh?

The question is what chance is there that we can get a coach that can overcome the dead weight of the jones to reach the promised land?

Sydla

Reaction score
There’s no coach that Jerry would hire? No. It’s not ridiculous. We can dream about Ben Johnson, Bellicheat and all these other names let’s be for real. How many times do you have to see us hire these Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips to see what we will hire? We have to stop lying to ourselves. Mike is probably the best we can hope for. Hell it wouldn’t shock me if they made Kellen Moore head coach next year.
If the guy you have isn't good enough, and he's not, then you make a change. It's not hard.

The logic here seems to be, oh well, it could be worse and Jerry won't hire a great coach anyway, so let's keep McCarthy.

I reject that logic and frankly it's likely why we've done **** for nearly 30 years.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Orlovsky is a nobody. Short career 3rd stringer who sucked. Big mouth like all of the rest on BSPN.
Sorry, but comments like this are ridiculous. What is the difference how good he was? You don't need to have been an NFL player to understand football. I know a lot of football fans who never played in the NFL that would never say the dumb things about football that some NFL players have said