Orlovsky stop talking super bowls Jerry - you're more concerned with comfort

kevm3

Reaction score
Orlovsky is a nobody. Short career 3rd stringer who sucked. Big mouth like all of the rest on BSPN.
But is he wrong?

Green Bay got rid of McCarthy and not too long after, Green Bay dominates us with a qb on a rookie contract and a super young team AT HOME

What is McCarthy going to do different this year? He's finally going to get the guys prepared for big games and stop making us be the most penalized team in the league? He's going to turn us physical so San Fran and their ilk aren't beating us into oblivion?

kevm3

Reaction score
If the guy you have isn't good enough, and he's not, then you make a change. It's not hard.

The logic here seems to be, oh well, it could be worse and Jerry won't hire a great coach anyway, so let's keep McCarthy.

I reject that logic and frankly it's likely why we've done **** for nearly 30 years.
Exactly. Let's just never try to get better because we 'could' be worse for a short while. Instead, let's cruise along in perpetual mediocrity forever.

perrykemp

Reaction score
That means going to get a Derrick Henry, get a new OL coach because man ours was bad, go see if Pollack is available, Draft OL and DL high.
Count me out on Henry as the starter. He clearly in decline. He's 30 years old. Exactly when big backs typically hit the wall.

Maybe as RB2.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Forgot to mention Dallas gave up 30 points a game v teams in with winning records.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Count me out on Henry as the starter. He clearly in decline. He's 30 years old. Exactly when big backs typically hit the wall.

Maybe as RB2.
I think Henry has a lot to give still. The OL in Tennessee was trash, and the QB was worse. Here he would fit with the run first attitude and with a better blocking scheme we may be able to squeeze the last ounce of talent he has left. Not to mention it would improve our red zone offense immensely.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It’s not as easy as you and many others make it seem. The playoffs have been failures with McCarthy but the team is 36-15 it’s last 50+ Regular season games and is in the best stretch of football for this organization since the 90s. In the playoffs every year- which isn’t good enough nor has it been but you can’t win a super bowl without being in the playoffs consistently minus some exceptions.

If you’re getting harbaugh or belichick then on paper you are unequivocally bringing better coaches in but beyond that a with new coach like slowik or Johnson, it’s a complete roll of the dice that they’ll have anywhere near regular season success McCarthy has had here.

It’s ultimately about the playoffs which is why Mike won’t get an extension and get one last crack but this wasn’t an easy decision like so many try to make it. We are fans, we want blood, we want heads to roll, I get it but in the organizations eyes they are in the midst of the best success they’ve had here in 28 years
Not if you are old enough to remember the Bucs fired Tony Dungy for the very reason fans want MM gone.........Of course Dungy went on to win a Super Bowl with the Colts

Dungy was fired after the prior season and replaced with Jon Gruden, because he could not quite get the team there. However, he has been credited by many for constructing the core of that Super Bowl-winning team.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I mean we all want change. None of it matters. None of it will change anything. Do I want Mike fired? Yeah. Would we be better if we fired him? Probably not. We just want change for the sake of change. At least I do. But that doesn’t mean it’s smart to do im just over watching this same product.
You are completely disregarding the factor time here. This is not some erratic and chaotic change people want. The absolute LACK of change over the last... what... 15 years is the problem here. Dak had enough time. Mike had enough time. Jerry had all and foremost enough time. This game against GB was just a reminder. And this time it couldn't been more obvious. Delusional people like America's Cowboy think we're close. They think that ever since the beginning of time. Yet we aren't close.

So let me ask this: What is the lesser risk overall: continue doing what you're doing with a very high chance of failure (due to what we have seen so many times)? Or install an HC we don't know, give a new QB a chance, change the mindset of this team by ripping out it's (dead anyway) heart and putting in a new one? What's the worst that can happen? We're not making the play offs? How much worse is that compared to this one and out embaressment we're seeing right now?

Or could that be the start of something new? And something better in the long run? Of course we don't know what will happen. But I prefer the excitement of exploring the undiscovered country instead of staying within that foul stench that is the current Dallas Cowboys.

It's not about a safe 12-5 season. What I'm trying to say is, it's about trying something new instead of that apathic freeze frame we experience right now. They had their chance. They wasted it. Several times. And yes, change includes the possibility of going worse in the near future. But heck, I'd go with some big cap space, some high draft picks and a new coaching staff who brings in new ideas and tries something different.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Orlovsky is a nobody. Short career 3rd stringer who sucked. Big mouth like all of the rest on BSPN.
Which is farther than 99.999% of people posting on this board made it with their playing careers. Disagree with the guy all day, but don't be a hater AC!

1942willys

Reaction score
Sorry, but comments like this are ridiculous. What is the difference how good he was? You don't need to have been an NFL player to understand football. I know a lot of football fans who never played in the NFL that would never say the dumb things about football that some NFL players have said
AC seems to think that only football players that distinguished themselves as players are the ones to listen to.
But ignores dolts like Collingsworth and others because it does not fit his narrative

Sydla

Reaction score
Phase 1 - run it back with the same staff, maybe a tweak here or there

Phase 2 - sit out FA like we always do

Phase 3 - Blow a 2nd round pick again on an uber talented but either injured or questionable character guy

This is a sure fire way to get over the hump that has blocked you for nearly 3 decades.

Sydla

Reaction score
Which is farther than 99.999% of people posting on this board made it with their playing careers. Disagree with the guy all day, but don't be a hater AC!
And let's be clear. Orlovsky isn't the only person spouting this. A LOT of "experts" are perplexed by this.

1942willys

Reaction score
The best evidence that just because you played football well does not mean you know football well is Matt Millen

Sydla

Reaction score
AC seems to think that only football players that distinguished themselves as players are the ones to listen to.
But ignores dolts like Collingsworth and others because it does not fit his narrative
More specifically, AC seems to think that you should only listen to distinguished ex-players that spout what AC believes.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t know why people rely on that idiot or these other talking heads to confirm their thoughts. Dan is a moron.
As opposed to you? He warned us Dak wasn't great...guess that makes him a moron and you a genius.

So...why are we sitting at home watching when we have "the best QB in the league"?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
And let's be clear. Orlovsky isn't the only person spouting this. A LOT of "experts" are perplexed by this.
Yeah I'm even a McCarthy supporter and I'm perplexed by this lol. I didn't see the actual segment from Orlovsky, but from what has been communicated in this thread I can't disagree with the guy. I think bringing MM back can be OK, but you have to and I mean HAVE TO be more aggressive this offseason in your player acquisition and/or somehow land a heavy hitting DC when your HC is on a contract about to expire.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
But is he wrong?

Green Bay got rid of McCarthy and not too long after, Green Bay dominates us with a qb on a rookie contract and a super young team AT HOME

What is McCarthy going to do different this year? He's finally going to get the guys prepared for big games and stop making us be the most penalized team in the league? He's going to turn us physical so San Fran and their ilk aren't beating us into oblivion?
Let's add more, after they got rid of Fat **** IV:
- QB won 2 MVPs
- Back to back 13-3 seasons
- New coach consistently outcoaches McCarthy
- Found true franchise QB AFTER punting their 2 time MVP

But...bbb...bbub.....but...how could we ever do ANYTHING without McCarthy?