Orlovsky stop talking super bowls Jerry - you're more concerned with comfort

Blackrain

Reaction score
So what does that say about Jerry keeping a failure and refusing to take advantage of the deepest pool of head coaches available that we've ever seen?

Unlike Jerry, I want this team to win at ANY COST !
There is definitely a dream team of coaches looking for a job right now.
McCarthy although better than Garrett I believe is unable to coach playoff football in today's day and age

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
jerry isn't giving up on Mike or letting that money go. Jerry would have to see millions of those dak loser jerseys or his new "here we choke" hoodies. It ain't happening.

RS12

Reaction score
I see we still have the regular season participation trophy pom pom waving die hards in deep denial. Sorry kids, it was as bad as it looked and very likely to get much worse.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Orlovsky & crew on Get Up

They were all appalled at keeping McCarthy.

Orlovsky was apoplectic he said ;

You keep MM you better have the most aggressive off season in Cowboys history.

- Fix the RT
- Fix the shambolic penalties
- Get a running back - Pollard is out
- Overhaul the run defense

The fact that Aikman relayed that JJ was too old for an overhaul- is a disgrace to fans per the panel.

This loss isn’t on Jerry Jones or the front office - it’s on Mike McCarthy.
Oh, so Jerry didn't hire MM? You mean he was forced on Jerry? OK, then, didn't know that.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Sorry, but comments like this are ridiculous. What is the difference how good he was? You don't need to have been an NFL player to understand football. I know a lot of football fans who never played in the NFL that would never say the dumb things about football that some NFL players have said
the guy you responded to, played high school football.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

- Fix the RT

The fact that Aikman relayed that JJ was too old for an overhaul- is a disgrace to fans per the panel.

Troy knows. Jerry doesn’t have the energy to start over.

shabazz

Reaction score
There is definitely a dream team of coaches looking for a job right now.
McCarthy although better than Garrett I believe is unable to coach playoff football in today's day and age
And it's not a matter of patience. We've given McCarthy a 3rd year and he's actually regressed and got severely outcoached by Lafleur.

The Panthers fired Frank Reich after a mere 11 games and nobody batted an eyelash.

McCarthys style works only with a HOF quarterback and a defense that can get stops when it counts....we have neither here

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

- Fix the RT

Yawn, what's for breakfast?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As opposed to you? He warned us Dak wasn't great...guess that makes him a moron and you a genius.

So...why are we sitting at home watching when we have "the best QB in the league"?
I told your dusty *** the other day when you accuse me of saying something I didn’t say back it up and post proof. You still haven’t done it.

And yeah you should listen to me over Dan. You’d be better off.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the guy you have isn't good enough, and he's not, then you make a change. It's not hard.

The logic here seems to be, oh well, it could be worse and Jerry won't hire a great coach anyway, so let's keep McCarthy.

I reject that logic and frankly it's likely why we've done **** for nearly 30 years.
Yes I think hiring Kellen Moore or a retread like Rivera would be worse then bringing McCarthy back. 100 percent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are completely disregarding the factor time here. This is not some erratic and chaotic change people want. The absolute LACK of change over the last... what... 15 years is the problem here. Dak had enough time. Mike had enough time. Jerry had all and foremost enough time. This game against GB was just a reminder. And this time it couldn't been more obvious. Delusional people like America's Cowboy think we're close. They think that ever since the beginning of time. Yet we aren't close.

So let me ask this: What is the lesser risk overall: continue doing what you're doing with a very high chance of failure (due to what we have seen so many times)? Or install an HC we don't know, give a new QB a chance, change the mindset of this team by ripping out it's (dead anyway) heart and putting in a new one? What's the worst that can happen? We're not making the play offs? How much worse is that compared to this one and out embaressment we're seeing right now?

Or could that be the start of something new? And something better in the long run? Of course we don't know what will happen. But I prefer the excitement of exploring the undiscovered country instead of staying within that foul stench that is the current Dallas Cowboys.

It's not about a safe 12-5 season. What I'm trying to say is, it's about trying something new instead of that apathic freeze frame we experience right now. They had their chance. They wasted it. Several times. And yes, change includes the possibility of going worse in the near future. But heck, I'd go with some big cap space, some high draft picks and a new coaching staff who brings in new ideas and tries something different.
My stance is in order to rebuild or get better the person making the changes needs to change.

I’ve seen it since 1998. The Cowboys never hit rock bottom. Even the 5-11 years…they won just enough to not get a top pick in the draft. And with Romo and Dak their floor was 8 games. So now you’re even worse then 5-11 now instead of top 10 picks you get picks in the 20s.

So all in all no. We won’t get better getting rid of Dak or Mike. Because the same guy is in charge and he’s going to make the same moves. He gave you a statement last night saying we are close. You have faith a man who thinks his team is close after losing in the wild card is going to do what it takes? Because I don’t.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well it's on Jerry in the sense that he brought McCarthy here and is basically now rewarding him with another year when all logical thought processes lean towards McCarthy failed to take this franchise further than Garrett ever did.

Orlovsky can be a putz but he's dead on here.

And LOL at the Cowboys having the most aggressive offseason ever. One, this franchise is cheap as hell in FA. Two, even if they extend Dak and make a couple of other moves to free up space, they still won't have enough to add the number of impact players they need.
Blew me away they traded for Cooks & Gilmore. But then, in true Dallas fashion, they completely ignore position needs and think everything revolves around the draft. I think their idea of an aggressive offseason scares the hell out of me because it could very well be a huge overcorrection.

1942willys

Reaction score
Blew me away they traded for Cooks & Gilmore. But then, in true Dallas fashion, they completely ignore position needs and think everything revolves around the draft. I think their idea of an aggressive offseason scares the hell out of me because it could very well be a huge overcorrection.
well at least something will be different
Now we will stop the run and get worked by the pass
and the running game will be fine but we cannot pass to save our lives

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I told your dusty *** the other day when you accuse me of saying something I didn’t say back it up and post proof. You still haven’t done it.

And yeah you should listen to me over Dan. You’d be better off.
Is that why you were crying on Monday begging for a "grace period" to mourn the loss? Couldn't bare to hear any criticism of Dak?

You have a nasty habit of calling people names and then playing victim or wanting sympathy. Everyone else is "stupid" but somehow...you're the genius?

I'm trying really hard, but I can't imagine a room full of adults where everyone turns to you. I don't think that's ever happened in your life.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Sorry, but comments like this are ridiculous. What is the difference how good he was? You don't need to have been an NFL player to understand football. I know a lot of football fans who never played in the NFL that would never say the dumb things about football that some NFL players have said
You must be a chef to rate a meal too right? Can't believe he said that out loud.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

Jerry is too old for the most aggressive off season in Cowboys history.