Orlovsky stop talking super bowls Jerry - you're more concerned with comfort

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Not if you are old enough to remember the Bucs fired Tony Dungy for the very reason fans want MM gone.........Of course Dungy went on to win a Super Bowl with the Colts

Dungy was fired after the prior season and replaced with Jon Gruden, because he could not quite get the team there. However, he has been credited by many for constructing the core of that Super Bowl-winning team.

I am old enough to remember…there are other examples too throughout nfl history but a few notes on dungy 1) 2 years before he was fired the team was in a championship game. The cowboys are on a 28 year drought. 2) the original plan when firing dungy was the hope to get parcells. That fell through then they got gruden.

That said those franchises were in different positions than our cowboys. The raiders had made a super bowl with gruden and the bucs had at least made a championship game. If you look at just the teams recent history since 1995 and take away the name “Dallas cowboys” their best stretch of football is right now- with McCarthy.

This wasn’t an easy choice to retain or fire Mike despite what some say here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Is that why you were crying on Monday begging for a "grace period" to mourn the loss? Couldn't bare to hear any criticism of Dak?

You have a nasty habit of calling people names and then playing victim or wanting sympathy. Everyone else is "stupid" but somehow...you're the genius?

I'm trying really hard, but I can't imagine a room full of adults where everyone turns to you. I don't think that's ever happened in your life.
No everyone isn’t stupid just a select few of you. But I’m not gonna go back and forth with you post me saying any of this site you claim I said. You’re a habitual liar. I’m a man among leaders. You can’t picture because you’re a peon. You get intimidated by someone who thinks differently than you. Take it up with god not me.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
My stance is in order to rebuild or get better the person making the changes needs to change.

I’ve seen it since 1998. The Cowboys never hit rock bottom. Even the 5-11 years…they won just enough to not get a top pick in the draft. And with Romo and Dak their floor was 8 games. So now you’re even worse then 5-11 now instead of top 10 picks you get picks in the 20s.

So all in all no. We won’t get better getting rid of Dak or Mike. Because the same guy is in charge and he’s going to make the same moves. He gave you a statement last night saying we are close. You have faith a man who thinks his team is close after losing in the wild card is going to do what it takes? Because I don’t.
Well I agree somewhat, Jerry wouldn't be the man to lead a true rebuild. Yet just continuing on that path we were on since 2016 (or since 2006 to be honest) will only give us the same results. I mean lets say nothing changes during the offseason, then what? Another year of some bitter sweet regular season icing on a rotten cake?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I agree somewhat, Jerry wouldn't be the man to lead a true rebuild. Yet just continuing on that path we were on since 2016 (or since 2006 to be honest) will only give us the same results. I mean lets say nothing changes during the offseason, then what? Another year of some bitter sweet regular season icing on a rotten cake?
Based on what Jerry has shown? Yes. Another year. I can only go by what Jerry has shown us.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Orlovsky & crew on Get Up

They were all appalled at keeping McCarthy.

Orlovsky was apoplectic he said ;

You keep MM you better have the most aggressive off season in Cowboys history.

- Fix the RT
- Fix the shambolic penalties
- Get a running back - Pollard is out
- Overhaul the run defense

The fact that Aikman relayed that JJ was too old for an overhaul- is a disgrace to fans per the panel.

This loss isn’t on Jerry Jones or the front office - it’s on Mike McCarthy.
How can you say that statement in first sentence and than double talk in the very next statement?

This is on JJ if you don’t want to overhaul or fix the roster problems YOU are fault, YOU are the GM.

The talent deficiency on defense finally caught up to them. YOU failed at your job JJ, and now we will suffer till you’re dead, because god forbid the teams legacy and long term success be more important than you’re fragile little ego. Screw that man.

Also Dan O is a tool screw him as well.

XXLMike

Reaction score
How can you say that statement in first sentence and than double talk in the very next statement?

This is on JJ if you don’t want to overhaul or fix the roster problems YOU are fault, YOU are the GM.

The talent deficiency on defense finally caught up to them. YOU failed at your job JJ, and now we will suffer till you’re dead, because god forbid the teams legacy and long term success be more important than you’re fragile little ego. Screw that man.

Also Dan O is a tool screw him as well.
I didn’t say anything.

I posted what they said .

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He's not wrong, and has not been wrong all year. He has a Siriani type of stare to him, but DO knows his stuff at least, lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You have to be a troll or paid by the Joneses
No rational person posts what you do
You can act like a grown up and support the team, or act like a petulant child and continue itching and complaining. Just follow another team. Embarrassing seeing so many "adults" act like children nonstop, 24/7.

Sydla

Reaction score
You can act like a grown up and support the team, or act like a petulant child and continue itching and complaining. Just follow another team. Embarrassing seeing so many "adults" act like children nonstop, 24/7.
LOL.

Unwavering support of this team isn't acting like a grown up. It's acting like a gullible fool.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL.

Unwavering support of this team isn't acting like a grown up. It's acting like a gullible fool.
Go. Stop watching this team. Go follow another team. Stop commenting in a site that is about the Dallas Cowboys in a Cowboys fan's forum.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What part of what he said needs to be fixed do you disagree with.
For starters, seeing Orlovsky act like a child all melodramatic and acting surprised and upset with Jerry deciding to keep Mike McCarthy. I can't stand seeing 30+ year Olds acting like disrespectful punk kids.

Stephen A. Smith's ugly and so disrespectful rant and attack against Dak and Jerry was even worse.

Today's disrespectful and warped Disney has ruined this country.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
For starters, seeing Orlovsky act like a child all melodramatic and acting surprised and upset with Jerry deciding to keep Mike McCarthy. I can't stand seeing 30+ year Olds acting like disrespectful punk kids.
That's not what I asked.

Sydla

Reaction score
Go. Stop watching this team. Go follow another team. Stop commenting in a site that is about the Dallas Cowboys in a Cowboys fan's forum.
No. I'll still watch them. I won't expect much. I'll likely have less emotional attachment after wins and losses. I'll criticize them when they deserve it and right now they deserve a ton.

Sydla

Reaction score
That is precisely what I answered. He whined and complained about not wanting Mike McCarthy back. Who does he think he is?
Someone smarter than you about this stuff. He's also not the only other football guy out there saying it's peculiar to bring McCarthy back.

Orlovsky can be a putz but I'd trust him to give a fair assessment of the Cowboys over you, a raging homer who struggles to admit what's clearly obvious to any sane non-Jerry slurping football fan.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Someone smarter than you about this stuff. He's also not the only other football guy out there saying it's peculiar to bring McCarthy back.

Orlovsky can be a putz but I'd trust him to give a fair assessment of the Cowboys over you, a raging homer who struggles to admit what's clearly obvious to any sane non-Jerry slurping football fan.
Go take your fragile broken heart to mommy. Whining nonstop like a child. Embarrassing.