Our backup QB’s are now 1-5

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You pay a guy based on his play....so again his play has either been bad or good...I say it's been good his stats show it has been good, so what would say its been bad? And when you're comparing position based pay I'm guessing the only thing you can compare it to is other players at that position, so what does Dak's play look like compared to other QB's?

So when is that gonna start?

You say a lot of things. I don't listen to many of them.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dalton is 2 and 1.

When he took over for Dak we were losing and he had a couple perfect passes to win the game so I count it as a win for him. Gillmore played well enough to win but our defense isn't good enough. We aren't built to hold teams to 17 points a game.

John813

Reaction score
Dalton is 2 and 1.

When he took over for Dak we were losing and he had a couple perfect passes to win the game so I count it as a win for him. Gillmore played well enough to win but our defense isn't good enough. We aren't built to hold teams to 17 points a game.

They were up 24-23 in the 3rd and in Giants territory when Daks ankle snapped fwiw

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They were up 24-23 in the 3rd and in Giants territory when Daks ankle snapped fwiw

oh your correct but the point is the same and that he had helped lead the team to a win in which neither QB threw a TD.

John813

Reaction score
oh your correct but the point is the same and that he had helped lead the team to a win in which neither QB threw a TD.

He did help, that's for sure.

Damn defense was pathetic against a Barkley-less Giants.
That last drive he had some great passes to get us into FG range.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He did help, that's for sure.

Damn defense was pathetic against a Barkley-less Giants.
That last drive he had some great passes to get us into FG range.

Our defense is just bad. Thank goodness they were still starting freeman. Had gallman been getting the bulk of carries they win.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dalton is your QB people. He will be, at least until next season or until he gets sidelined.

You people need to figure it out. He's the guy we have and all of this argument, back and forth, isn't going to change that. Next year is next year. There is no chance that Dalton beats out Dak and there never was. It wouldn't matter if Dalton played circles around Dak, he would not be the starter over Dak in Dallas. However, it is possible that Dak could be out of Dallas because of contract issues. If that happens, that's a different deal but I don't get this deal where Dalton has to be hamstrung because he's not Dak. Dak aint coming back this season people. What good does it do to trample Dalton? I don't get it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So when is that gonna start?

You say a lot of things. I don't listen to many of them.

I'm good with that. You don't answer anything anyways you just say stuff that amounts to nothing about what is said.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm good with that. You don't answer anything anyways you just say stuff that amounts to nothing about what is said.

Apparently neither do you. So when is all that "play" gonna start again?

I don't owe you any answers. Drive on.

SackMaster

Reaction score
That doesn't make sense because quarterbacks that get taken out and their backups don't manage to pull out a win don't get credit for a win. The quarterback that throws the game winning touchdown gets the win.
Even by this INCORRECT standard, Dalton did not throw a game winning TD.

Hell, he didn't even throw a TD in the game at all. In fact, the ONLY TD drive Dalton lead was the one where he fumbled and the GIANTS scored a TD. Every TD drive for Dallas was started with Dak at QB.

Just Sayin'

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Even by this INCORRECT standard, Dalton did not throw a game winning TD.

Hell, he didn't even throw a TD in the game at all. In fact, the ONLY TD drive Dalton lead was the one where he fumbled and the GIANTS scored a TD. Every TD drive for Dallas was started with Dak at QB.

Just Sayin'

Dak didn't throw a TD pass in that game either. I mean, what is the point of any of this?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Dak didn't throw a TD pass in that game either. I mean, what is the point of any of this?
Pointing out the idiocy of those that wish, cry and beg that Dalton be credited with the win vs the Giants game.

Yet that will NEVER be the case and at the point where Dak went out of the game, Dallas had the lead and it was Dalton's fumble that almost lost the game.

And what happened to our "loaded offense" since Dak went out? They went from being able to put up 30+ points in 4 of the 5 games to start the year, to having issues putting up 20 points in a game, only beating the 20 point mark in 1 of the last 6 games.

Yet, Dalton is as good as Dak?
:muttley::facepalm:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Pointing out the idiocy of those that wish, cry and beg that Dalton be credited with the win vs the Giants game.

Yet that will NEVER be the case and at the point where Dak went out of the game, Dallas had the lead and it was Dalton's fumble that almost lost the game.

And what happened to our "loaded offense" since Dak went out? They went from being able to put up 30+ points in 4 of the 5 games to start the year, to having issues putting up 20 points in a game, only beating the 20 point mark in 1 of the last 6 games.

Yet, Dalton is as good as Dak?
:muttley::facepalm:

Ahhhhh, he got the win. If he had not, it would be an L. So basically, what you are saying here is that all of this is pointless.

OK then.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Ahhhhh, he got the win. If he had not, it would be an L. So basically, what you are saying here is that all of this is pointless.

OK then.
No, if the Cowboys would have lost the Giants game, Dak would have got the Loss.

That's how the REAL world works. Not this fantasy land some of you live in.
:thumbup:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No, if the Cowboys would have lost the Giants game, Dak would have got the Loss.

That's how the REAL world works. Not this fantasy land some of you live in.

What do you know of the real world? You are apparently 40 years old and you think that this nonsense about an on the shelf Dak is important to who? Everybody knows what they think of Dak. Nobody cares because in the "Real World", things like bills and children and jobs are what's real. But hey, I suppose everybodies idea of "real" is a little different.

Yours appears to be very different.

SackMaster

Reaction score
What do you know of the real world? You are apparently 40 years old and you think that this nonsense about an on the shelf Dak is important to who? Everybody knows what they think of Dak. Nobody cares because in the "Real World", things like bills and children and jobs are what's real. But hey, I suppose everybodies idea of "real" is a little different.

Yours appears to be very different.
If by "appears to be very different" you mean I try to stick with facts instead of making crap up to make me feel better. Well ..... duh.

Had the Cowboys lost against the Giants, I would have wasted anyones time trying convince everyone that the Loss should have gone to Dalton, unlike the sensitive Sallys who demand the win goes to Dalton.

But then again, I am not a person that tries to box everything together in categories while attempting to redefine REALITY to help with my "feelings". If I did, my time in the Marine Corps, where the real world doesn't give one crap about your feelings, would have been MUCH different.

But if that is what YOU need to do to get through life, go right ahead. Just don't expect everyone to agree with this make believe world you created to deal with your emotions.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If by "appears to be very different" you mean I try to stick with facts instead of making crap up to make me feel better. Well ..... duh.

Had the Cowboys lost against the Giants, I would have wasted anyones time trying convince everyone that the Loss should have gone to Dalton, unlike the sensitive Sallys who demand the win goes to Dalton.

But then again, I am not a person that tries to box everything together in categories while attempting to redefine REALITY to help with my "feelings". If I did, my time in the Marine Corps, where the real world doesn't give one crap about your feelings, would have been MUCH different.

But if that is what YOU need to do to get through life, go right ahead. Just don't expect everyone to agree with this make believe world you created to deal with your emotions.

You like facts? That's good. Here are the facts, Dak didn't throw a TD, Dalton didn't throw a TD. Dak went out before the game was over, Dalton finished it up. The Cowboys won, that means the team won. Everybody on the team won. Those are the facts because you like facts right?

As for life, spare me your views. I've a feeling there is nothing, at all, I can gain from your opinions.