Our defense points given up

Sydla

Reaction score
not that big of a difference considering they suppose to be this vaunted defense and we were all time bad, you're making my point, its not that we were good or better than them, they're not all that.

LOL, that's a huge difference. That means over a course of a game, where the average number of offensive drives is around ten, the Cowboys would give up roughly 10 more points per game than the Skins.

So yeah, it's a very big difference.

The Skins defense was very good. You look pretty funny trying to suggest otherwise. I get it, though. This is all part of your annual push to try to convince everyone how good the Cowboys are and how the rest of the division is slop.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL, that's a huge difference. That means over a course of a game, where the average number of offensive drives is around ten, the Cowboys would give up roughly 10 more points per game than the Skins.

So yeah, it's a very big difference.

The Skins defense was very good. You look pretty funny trying to suggest otherwise. I get it, though. This is all part of your annual push to try to convince everyone how good the Cowboys are and how the rest of the division is slop.

10 more point a game is not huge when you're calling a defense vaunted, when compared to an all time bad defense, which was help greatly by us in 2 games. making my point

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's the point, of course they were the good offenses, they're also the same offenses we played as well, and the bs they didn't have to be aggressive is the same for them as well, with no offense at all.

Your homer agenda as obvious.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
there is an agenda, duh, they're not this vaunted defense they are made out to be. they played the same cupcakes we did, and gave almost the same points with like opponents. weak opponents was the calling card here when the defense started making plays .

Your agenda is to prop up cowboys and diss Washington. It’s what a homer would do. And you picked selective games to do it. Either way your dead wrong. Wash defense was much much better. Not even close.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10 more point a game is not huge when you're calling a defense vaunted, when compared to an all time bad defense, which was help greatly by us in 2 games. making my point
lol.....10 more points a game isn’t much? Sure buddy. Whatever you say.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Asinine as some of your takes, they're not as vaunted as they made out to be, weak against good offenses good against weak offenses and qbs. As bad as we were they given up the pretty much the same points among like opponents
Your pretty much getting hammered as always by most of the board for this laughable thread. Just give it up. No one is buying it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Washington's defense is a product of the fact that they didn't play against good quarterbacks last year. Major regression incoming.

For some reason, them going 7-9 against a CFL schedule last year helped build this mythology that you can build a competitive team around a DLine. You can't, and Washington sucks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They were:
- 4th in points allowed per game.
- 2nd in yards allowed per game.
- 3rd in opposing QB rating
- 6th in sacks
- 5th in interceptions

They were a legitimate top flight defense. And if you want to claim they faced an easy schedule, Football Outsiders advanced stats, which adjust for SOS, had them as a top flight defense.

Attempts to minimize how good they were on defense is funny but yet sooooooo predictable from Cowboys fans.
Don’t lump the rest of us in with Homer11.

visionary

Reaction score
not that big of a difference considering they suppose to be this vaunted defense and we were all time bad, you're making my point, its not that we were good or better than them, they're not all that.

when you find yourself in a deep ditch because of your ignorance the first step is to stop digging

:lmao:

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL it’s a huge difference.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I hear a lot of talk about the WFT vaunted defense, now I know they beat us basically with no OL and no Dak and our defense was terrible, that made it easy for them but when looking at the common opponents outside the division these are the points given up:
Dallas: Az 38 WFT: 30
Cle 49 34
Bal 34 31
LA 20 30
Sea 38 20

Add to that the only good QB they beat was Rothlisberger who wasn't even that good last season

Good post. I don't see why some are so afraid of the WFT defense. Common opponents outside the division is a good, unique way to measure. I would be interested in seeing how the NYG defense faired against the same opponents.

Dre11

Reaction score
lol.....10 more points a game isn’t much? Sure buddy. Whatever you say.

it's not when you put it up against the worst defense in cowboys history, which was my point that you missed

Dre11

Reaction score
Good post. I don't see why some are so afraid of the WFT defense. Common opponents outside the division is a good, unique way to measure. I would be interested in seeing how the NYG defense faired against the same opponents.

Who else find it funny these cats now all of a sudden ignore schedule and weak opponents. last season it was all the craze when someone said the defense played better down the stretch, especially with the takeaways. it's all the craze when talking about Dak, the word on the street he can't beat good defenses.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Dre11 People tell me the NYG defense was good last year. Here are the common opponents outside the division:
AZ 27 Giants 7
CLev 20 Giants 6
Bal 27 Giants 13
LA 19 Giants 7
Sea 12 Giants 17
Pgh 26 Giants 16
SF 36 Giants 9
Cin 17 Giants 19

Cowboys got Seattle when they were at their peak and Giants got Seattle when they were slumping. For what it’s worth. Looks like AZ and Balt had potent offenses.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
Your homer agenda as obvious.

And by the way, this was a topic on a WFT station that covers the team that had this same discussion. They brought them beating 1 good quarterback all year and that was Ben, who we now know isn't even Ben anymore. That's the agenda.

ghst187

Reaction score
If the Skins had had a halfway decent QB against Tampa, they might’ve beaten them in the playoffs