Our defense points given up

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dre11, May 12, 2021.

1. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,601 Messages
    8,359 Likes Received
    I hear a lot of talk about the WFT vaunted defense, now I know they beat us basically with no OL and no Dak and our defense was terrible, that made it easy for them but when looking at the common opponents outside the division these are the points given up:
    Dallas: Az 38 WFT: 30
    Cle 49 34
    Bal 34 31
    LA 20 30
    Sea 38 20

Add to that the only good QB they beat was Rothlisberger who wasn't even that good last season

rocyaice, ninja and jazzcat22 like this.
  2. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

46,844 Messages
    69,677 Likes Received
    So.......... are you trying to make the claim our defense is as good?

DeaconBlues and conner01 like this.
  3. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,601 Messages
    8,359 Likes Received
    no what I'm saying is their defense isn't as vaunted as it's made out to be. if you read it, I said our defense sucked.

baltcowboy and jazzcat22 like this.
  4. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

49,855 Messages
    54,350 Likes Received
    I have posted this in a few threads. Not some of the points as you did.
    I said their defense have given up points as well. Their defense looked great against our injury depleted offense, 2nd, 3rd, 4th team OL and QB’s.

As most Dallas fans only seen those games and not as many of the other Washington games. I seen a lot of their play, due to NFL ST. They are good, but they weren’t that good.

baltcowboy, Future and Buzzbait like this.
  5. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,601 Messages
    8,359 Likes Received
    yeah I live here, I see pretty much all their games at some point being local, they have a good D line, after that they're suspect, the teams with good Qbs that they played all won against them. then throw in the Giants who swept them

6. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

46,844 Messages
    69,677 Likes Received
    They were:
    - 4th in points allowed per game.
    - 2nd in yards allowed per game.
    - 3rd in opposing QB rating
    - 6th in sacks
    - 5th in interceptions

They were a legitimate top flight defense. And if you want to claim they faced an easy schedule, Football Outsiders advanced stats, which adjust for SOS, had them as a top flight defense.

Attempts to minimize how good they were on defense is funny but yet sooooooo predictable from Cowboys fans.

7. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,601 Messages
    8,359 Likes Received

again, like opponents, points given up from each, they played an easy schedule, that the going argument here anytime someone brings up anything positive. but now easy schedule doesn't matter, it's all we heard down the stretch last season with the cowboys. "look at who they faced" look at the qbs they faced" ...lol gtfoh they weren't that good.

8. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

46,844 Messages
    69,677 Likes Received
    This is a tough one for me.

Believe Dre11's analysis that the Redskins defense wasn't that good or believe the mountains of stats including advanced stats that take into account SOS, etc. that say they were a really good defense.

Whew boy........... tough call there.

9. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

12,498 Messages
    19,151 Likes Received
    If they looked at points per drive by the defense im sure the gap would widen

Zman5 likes this.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

63,701 Messages
    120,882 Likes Received
    Their defense reminds me of the 85 Bears.

AmariChill and gp_cowpolk like this.
  11. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

35,953 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    Misleading as they dont score a lot of points so the other teams offense doesnt have to be as aggressive either. Wash defense was waaay better then ours last year. Not to mention the games you chose to (agenda) post were good offenses.

12. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

35,953 Messages
    23,772 Likes Received
    Anybody that posts selective or small sample size stats typically has an agenda.

13. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,601 Messages
    8,359 Likes Received
    That's the point, of course they were the good offenses, they're also the same offenses we played as well, and the bs they didn't have to be aggressive is the same for them as well, with no offense at all.

14. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,601 Messages
    8,359 Likes Received
    there is an agenda, duh, they're not this vaunted defense they are made out to be. they played the same cupcakes we did, and gave almost the same points with like opponents. weak opponents was the calling card here when the defense started making plays .

15. JBS

JBS Well-Known Member

16,150 Messages
    11,649 Likes Received
    Football team defense only significantly outperformed Dallas defense in every single game mentioned but one..for anyone that didn't know their defense is way better than ours, well it is

CowboyRoy likes this.
  16. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

21,056 Messages
    21,394 Likes Received
    Man, it’s a good thing you’ve made some asinine threads in the past so as crazy as this is, it doesn’t make your top 10

17. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,601 Messages
    8,359 Likes Received
    Asinine as some of your takes, they're not as vaunted as they made out to be, weak against good offenses good against weak offenses and qbs. As bad as we were they given up the pretty much the same points among like opponents

18. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

46,844 Messages
    69,677 Likes Received
    Ask and you shall receive. Taking away end of half drives where the opposition kneeled/ran out clock.

Skins points per drive in those 5 games = 2.23
    Cowboys points per drive in those 5 games = 3.38

Yeah, it's not even all that close.

CowboyRoy and Hennessy_King like this.
  19. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,601 Messages
    8,359 Likes Received
    not that big of a difference considering they suppose to be this vaunted defense and we were all time bad, you're making my point, its not that we were good or better than them, they're not all that.

20. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

12,498 Messages
    19,151 Likes Received
    Lol its almost like i already knew this .

Thanks for posting tho i dont even waste my time no more