Our defense points given up

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No help for you you still can't read or comprehend, go take some meds and come back. Maybe you can comprehend.
WFT beat writers made these claim....sheesh how many times do I need to break it down for you..smh

No, we just arent buying your laughable BS. NO one is.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's not lost on many posters here that the ones taking apart the Washington defense tend to be some of the more homeristic Cowboys fans, often overvaluing how good the Cowboys are and undervaluing the opponents.

And what's odd is that after 25 years of futility from this franchise, with only a small handful of what could be viewed as good seasons (and regular seasons only considering we crapped the bed in the postseason), you'd think fans would have more humility.

Guess not.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
It's not lost on many posters here that the ones taking apart the Washington defense tend to be some of the more homeristic Cowboys fans, often overvaluing how good the Cowboys are and undervaluing the opponents.

And what's odd is that after 25 years of futility from this franchise, with only a small handful of what could be viewed as good seasons (and regular seasons only considering we crapped the bed in the postseason), you'd think fans would have more humility.

Guess not.

As much as you think I'm a homer , I've told you we sucked either in a game or as team as a whole, what I don't do is b* sand moan after every loss, I've criticized the team over some of their philosophies, mainly Free agency and salary cap.

Dre11

Reaction score
To me the most important stat for a defense is points
They had the 4th fewest points given up
Yes, they are a very good defense

well if you go points per game, they've been in the top 15 only twice since 2008

conner01

Reaction score
No they weren't they were 27th in points per game 2020 is the only time they broke the top 10 since 2008 15th is the closest since 2008
They gave up 20.6 points per game in 2020
The 4th lowest

Dre11

Reaction score
They gave up 20.6 points per game in 2020
The 4th lowest

as I said they've been in the top 10 points allowed 1 since 2008, which was last season, we gave up 20.1 points in 2019, if you say that's a good indicator of a defense was anyone calling us some great defense then or even very good.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I hear a lot of talk about the WFT vaunted defense, now I know they beat us basically with no OL and no Dak and our defense was terrible, that made it easy for them but when looking at the common opponents outside the division these are the points given up:
Dallas: Az 38 WFT: 30
Cle 49 34
Bal 34 31
LA 20 30
Sea 38 20

Add to that the only good QB they beat was Rothlisberger who wasn't even that good last season

Whats your point ?

WFT is a good team with a very good DL and good defense. Cryptonite for Dak.

Dre11

Reaction score
Whats your point ?

WFT is a good team with a very good DL and good defense. Cryptonite for Dak.

If you read the damn post you'd know my post. They're defense isn't all that, they're d was good vs weak teams and weak qbs. Not so good vs good vs good qbs. The same criteria you use to say Dak isn't good.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
If you read the damn post you'd know my post. They're defense isn't all that, they're d was good vs weak teams and weak qbs. Not so good vs good vs good qbs. The same criteria you use to say Dak isn't good.

Check Dak in 2019 against good defenses. I dont even wanna start against great defenses. He sucks.

WFT has a great DL and a good defesne. He will crumble because he sucks.

Dre11

Reaction score
Check Dak in 2019 against good defenses. I dont even wanna start against great defenses. He sucks.

WFT has a great DL and a good defesne. He will crumble because he sucks.
As I said the hypocrisy is rea... you talk about Dak not being good against good defenses, yet you say WFT is good, yet they cant stop good offenses with good QBs last season, only were good vs weak offenses and qbs. thanks for proving my point:clap: