Our defense points given up

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don’t repeatedly have a top 10 defense without being good
One year the schedule may help you but all teams play good and bad teams

I mean I'm not denying that personnel wise they have a very good defensive line. Probably even great. And they are young. Scary combination. But I do not see enough from the linebackers and secondary to consider this a great defense. Not denying they won't be good though. They should be anyway.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again you can't read and comprehend, not suprising coming from you,it wasn't a homer take, it was the people covering the team being skeptical about how good the defense really is or were they a product of the competition they played. See if you can comprehend that.
Ah, so homer cowboy beat writers? And being a blind homer, you ate it up?

Sydla

Reaction score
Which is exactly what I said when I said they aren't some VAUNTED defense. They also point out their competition as factor, which any dummy can go looking who they played and where well and where they played good defense, which was against weak teams and weak and. Point proven

But luckily we have advanced stats like Football Outsiders that adjusts for things like strength of schedule, etc.

And the Commanders were still a very good defense when taking into account SOS.

But yeah, you proved the point. LOL.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Why would anyone be shaking in their boots facing WFT defense?

Team has Dak, Elliott, Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, and Jarwin/Schulz. If these players together can’t score 30-40 points on any defense, then that is a major problem. The OL does not have chopped liver. No excuses. I don’t care which defense they are facing.

Dre11

Reaction score
When you are repeatedly in the top 10 defenses
That means you are a good defense
Every other team plays good and bad teams too

Except they're not. Nobody thought we were a good defense in 2019. Top 10. I remember we were a product of playing weak teams,

Dre11

Reaction score
Ah, so homer cowboy beat writers? And being a blind homer, you ate it up?
No help for you you still can't read or comprehend, go take some meds and come back. Maybe you can comprehend.
WFT beat writers made these claim....sheesh how many times do I need to break it down for you..smh

Dre11

Reaction score
But luckily we have advanced stats like Football Outsiders that adjusts for things like strength of schedule, etc.

And the Commanders were still a very good defense when taking into account SOS.

But yeah, you proved the point. LOL.

Advanced bs. Only playing well vs weak competition is all you need, isn't that one of your claims when discussing how good Dak is, or even our offense and defense. What changed

conner01

Reaction score
Except they're not. Nobody thought we were a good defense in 2019. Top 10. I remember we were a product of playing weak teams,
Actually 11 but we did play pretty good in the red zone and that’s where you have to play good for scoring
But WFT does have a good defense and has had since they invested in it with quality picks
We should be much better this year but we really need investment in defense of atleast a top 2 round pick again this coming draft. I think we have done enough to have improvements but I don’t think we’ve done enough to be really good
Considering we didn’t have a shot at a real impact front 4 player I think we did pretty fair
Hopefully this coming draft we can add an impact player in the front 4

conner01

Reaction score
I mean I'm not denying that personnel wise they have a very good defensive line. Probably even great. And they are young. Scary combination. But I do not see enough from the linebackers and secondary to consider this a great defense. Not denying they won't be good though. They should be anyway.
We need to hopefully have an opportunity to add an impact player to our front four this next draft. Either inside or on the edge. A true threat on the edge would be ideal

conner01

Reaction score
The team sucks because their offense is busch league. The defense is good, like I said.

Good job not reading.
They lack a quality QB
If they could get quality play at QB they could be a good team. But lots of teams are in that spot
The 49ers are a QB away from competing for a SB

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
They lack a quality QB
If they could get quality play at QB they could be a good team. But lots of teams are in that spot
The 49ers are a QB away from competing for a SB
In other words, they suck.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They were:
- 4th in points allowed per game.
- 2nd in yards allowed per game.
- 3rd in opposing QB rating
- 6th in sacks
- 5th in interceptions

They were a legitimate top flight defense. And if you want to claim they faced an easy schedule, Football Outsiders advanced stats, which adjust for SOS, had them as a top flight defense.

Attempts to minimize how good they were on defense is funny but yet sooooooo predictable from Cowboys fans.
And here I though you were an Eagles fan.

Sydla

Reaction score
Advanced bs. Only playing well vs weak competition is all you need, isn't that one of your claims when discussing how good Dak is, or even our offense and defense. What changed

LOL.

For starters, no, I am not one of the ones who has made the claim Prescott is only good against bad opponents.

Two, you know who I don't trust? The guy who claims we should all trust his eye, his analysis and calls mountains of statistical evidence, "BS". LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
And here I though you were an Eagles fan.

No just a guy who doesn't have his head planted firmly in the collective *** of the Cowboys franchise like you. When an opponent is good, I am not too much of a blind fanboy like you are to admit that.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No just a guy who doesn't have his head planted firmly in the collective *** of the Cowboys franchise like you. When an opponent is good, I am not too insecure to admit that they are good.
No you just have yours up yours.:lmao2:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Whew, what a comeback.

Imagine being such an insecure fanboy of the Cowboys that you can't give other teams' credit for being good.
I do all the time Einstein. Keep up. You on your kindergarten break? Sounds like it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hear a lot of talk about the WFT vaunted defense, now I know they beat us basically with no OL and no Dak and our defense was terrible, that made it easy for them but when looking at the common opponents outside the division these are the points given up:
Dallas: Az 38 WFT: 30
Cle 49 34
Bal 34 31
LA 20 30
Sea 38 20

Add to that the only good QB they beat was Rothlisberger who wasn't even that good last season

agreed overrated i watched that very thing and the games within the division they won by default against what most were backups all over the east in a very down year because of injurys, they won it by ONE GAME at 7-9 but our pis s poor fans seems to be scared of the foreskins. they are good, have solid front that cause issues but they saw our 3rd string OL and faced Dalton, Nooch both games..lmao

lets see how they do against much improved east team with all their weapons back..

different story if they finished 10-6 destroyed the east umm no 7-9 bested our worst team we've fielded in years by one game. LMAO..right scared in my boots

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We need to hopefully have an opportunity to add an impact player to our front four this next draft. Either inside or on the edge. A true threat on the edge would be ideal
Yeah...I don't know how we get someone but I'm ready for a elite pass rusher lol.