Our defense points given up

J-man

Reaction score
Sorry but they have a very good defense. That front 4 is top 3 in the NFL, at least.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The offense has cost this team a fair bit of losses but the defense is the main blame every year?:laugh:
:rolleyes::facepalm:

Sydla

Reaction score
too cheap to pay, but Washington headline

1. Washington Football Team defense is good, not great - The ...

www.washingtonpost.com › sports › 2020/12/20
    Dec 20, 2020 · Promise does not make greatness. Not on a team that is 6-8 with a handful of good players and a lot left to learn about winning big games. Being called the best defense in football did little for ...

LOL. You link to an article that refutes the Skins have the "best defense in the league". No one here suggested that. They had a really good defense. This article basically says the same thing.

The second article you link also concludes the Skins defense is very good, just maybe not elite yet until they get a consistent pass rush.

These articles don't support your claim, which was essentially to say that the Skins D isn't all that good.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And by the way, this was a topic on a WFT station that covers the team that had this same discussion. They brought them beating 1 good quarterback all year and that was Ben, who we now know isn't even Ben anymore. That's the agenda.

So you saw this on some homer take, fell in love with it, thought you would be smart and post it on here, and then got hammered and laughed at by all of us on here? :muttley:

conner01

Reaction score
To me the most important stat for a defense is points
They had the 4th fewest points given up
Yes, they are a very good defense

conner01

Reaction score
Washington's defense is a product of the fact that they didn't play against good quarterbacks last year. Major regression incoming.

For some reason, them going 7-9 against a CFL schedule last year helped build this mythology that you can build a competitive team around a DLine. You can't, and Washington sucks.
They gave up the 6th fewest points in 2019
4th fewest in 2020
How many years does it take to not just be a fluke

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
4th fewest in 2020
Points allowed is a terrible metric, they've had back-to-back years of easy schedules, and also the past two years doesn't really matter.

Their defense is good. To act as if it's capable of carrying their offense enough to make them a contender is laughable.

I'll say it again. The defense is overrated, they suck.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hear a lot of talk about the WFT vaunted defense, now I know they beat us basically with no OL and no Dak and our defense was terrible, that made it easy for them but when looking at the common opponents outside the division these are the points given up:
Dallas: Az 38 WFT: 30
Cle 49 34
Bal 34 31
LA 20 30
Sea 38 20

Add to that the only good QB they beat was Rothlisberger who wasn't even that good last season
Very good point. I've noticed that the Commanders have been getting overhyped like every other NFC East champion the past 15 years......they get overhyped just to not make the playoffs the next year. I expect that to continue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
4th fewest in 2020
They keep playing bad teams and bad quarterbacks......This year they have Herbert, Allen, Ryan, Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Dak, Brady, Russell Wilson and Derek Carr. If they can shut those guys down then that defense is LEGIT. They are going to get tested especially that secondary. Their schedule looks harder than the Buccaneers.....

Dre11

Reaction score
4th fewest in 2020

If I only keep the bad teams and bad qbs under 30 and allow almost ever good qb and good team 30 points a game at what point does it come to quality of the opponent?

Dre11

Reaction score
So you saw this on some homer take, fell in love with it, thought you would be smart and post it on here, and then got hammered and laughed at by all of us on here? :muttley:

Again you can't read and comprehend, not suprising coming from you,it wasn't a homer take, it was the people covering the team being skeptical about how good the defense really is or were they a product of the competition they played. See if you can comprehend that.

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL. You link to an article that refutes the Skins have the "best defense in the league". No one here suggested that. They had a really good defense. This article basically says the same thing.

The second article you link also concludes the Skins defense is very good, just maybe not elite yet until they get a consistent pass rush.

These articles don't support your claim, which was essentially to say that the Skins D isn't all that good.

Which is exactly what I said when I said they aren't some VAUNTED defense. They also point out their competition as factor, which any dummy can go looking who they played and where well and where they played good defense, which was against weak teams and weak and. Point proven

conner01

Reaction score
If I only keep the bad teams and bad qbs under 30 and allow almost ever good qb and good team 30 points a game at what point does it come to quality of the opponent?
When you are repeatedly in the top 10 defenses
That means you are a good defense
Every other team plays good and bad teams too

conner01

Reaction score
They keep playing bad teams and bad quarterbacks......This year they have Herbert, Allen, Ryan, Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Dak, Brady, Russell Wilson and Derek Carr. If they can shut those guys down then that defense is LEGIT. They are going to get tested especially that secondary. Their schedule looks harder than the Buccaneers.....
You don’t repeatedly have a top 10 defense without being good
One year the schedule may help you but all teams play good and bad teams

conner01

Reaction score
Points allowed is a terrible metric, they've had back-to-back years of easy schedules, and also the past two years doesn't really matter.

Their defense is good. To act as if it's capable of carrying their offense enough to make them a contender is laughable.

I'll say it again. The defense is overrated, they suck.
Top 6 defense in back to back years and they sux?
That’s a warped fantasy

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Top 6 defense in back to back years and they sux?
That’s a warped fantasy
The team sucks because their offense is busch league. The defense is good, like I said.

Good job not reading.