Our division looks awful and after this week our schedule looks easy for awhile

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Have you seen our defense? And now we don't have Lawrence.

Did you see Tampa’s defense? And they are the world champions.

Dallas at least invested in the defense unlike Atlanta and got 4 turnovers out the gate and played well against a top 3 NFL Offense.

Sydla

Reaction score
Did you see Tampa’s defense? And they are the world champions.

Dallas at least invested in the defense unlike Atlanta and got 4 turnovers out the gate and played well against a top 3 NFL Offense.

Got four turnovers and still gave up 30 points. That's pretty hard to do.

You guys have a perverted view of what's good defense.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Got four turnovers and still gave up 30 points. That's pretty hard to do.

You guys have a perverted view of what's good defense.

I’ll say this. If the cowboys defense continues to force a lot of turnovers. The cowboys WILL win a lot of games.

They won’t be going against the GOAT every weekend.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Because nobody plays defense.

Blaming the defense is just a crutch for blame. They’re all trash. The Rams are the only team that play something that resembles a professional defense.

Take aways and holding teams to FG’s is about all you can ask for. Bend don’t break is the meta.

Turnovers are definitely the most important defensive stat in the modern NFL.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
The Eagles are 1-0. Despite preseason projections, that offense looked strong. Hurts completed over 70% of his passes and threw a TD to each of his three receivers. No INT's. He also ran for 64 yards. Meanwhile the RB, Miles Sanders, averaged almost 5 yards a carry.

Then there is the Eagle defense that held their opponent scoreless in the 2nd half. Together, their offense and defense provided the 2nd largest scoring margin last week and they were #1 in yardage margin.

Sure, the Falcons are weak but is our defense going to be any stronger come week #3? Can we stop an athletic QB and a strong running game? Isn't that exactly what this Cowboy defense can't do?

An 0-2 start doesn't concern some of you? An 0-3 start should terrify you.

If the Eagles should defeat the 49ers, their morale will be sky high. They play well in our stadium.

In the past 30 years only 4 teams reached the playoffs after starting 0-3, all one and done.
lol this team is done as far as the playoffs are concerned already

Proof

Reaction score
Nothing looks easy to me. Could well be playing the 2-0 Eagles in Week 3 and the 3-0 Panthers in Week 4.

Giants in Week 5 will probably be 1-3 and desperate.

Then we travel to the Pats in Week 6.

Week 7 looks better

dang so we should be worried about winning teams AND worried about losing teams? criminy! might as well pack it in now :(

kskboys

Reaction score
They wont. If they manage to pull out a win. I will not only be surprised ill be impressed.
Eagles OLine was ravaged by injuries last season and their D wasn't too bad, especially considering the O couldn't sustain a drive. Hurts played well, if he can continue to pass at an NFL level, they'll be fighting for the division.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Eagles OLine was ravaged by injuries last season and their D wasn't too bad, especially considering the O couldn't sustain a drive. Hurts played well, if he can continue to pass at an NFL level, they'll be fighting for the division.
They played against arguably the worst team in football. Pardon me for tempering my expectations. If Dak and the O play like they did against anyone not named Brady or Mahomes we run away with this divison

Sydla

Reaction score
They played against arguably the worst team in football. Pardon me for tempering my expectations. If Dak and the O play like they did against anyone not named Brady or Mahomes we run away with this divison

Trying to win games 35-31 every week isn't sustainable. The defense has to get better. They don't have to be great but they have to better. I struggle to think that's possible with such an anemic pass rush. It might be one of the worst in the NFL.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Watch out for Kyle Pitts to have a rookie of the year day against our defense.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Our division looks awful and after this week our schedule looks easy for awhile.

So let’s say we take an L this week. Seems likely considering all of the chaos currently surrounding our roster

Then we go on to play

Eagles

Panthers

Giants

3 in a row at home.

@ Patriots

@ Vikings

Broncos (so glad it’s at home)

Falcons

I think we could start the season 7-3 and most of the players who are out would be back by this time.

Then we play the Chiefs @ Chiefs. 7-4
I agree totally. And by that time let’s just hope we have a little luck with the injury bug. Can we get ourselves ready for a run