Our division looks awful and after this week our schedule looks easy for awhile

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
WE'VE BEEN KNOWN to beat struggling teams??? This is the wrong team to think they're going to beat up on teams easily! We play to the level of our competition, we come out slow and struggle with lots of field goals!!!

The Cowboys feast on the weak. They’ve done it for awhile now.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott. Turning Elliot loose. Chargers are not Tampa Bay. I think we have a very good chance for the win. I don’t think it’s like temper the team with the ball last wins. I think we win by 10
We just don't have the KILL MODE thinking, we like to keep teams in the game I don't get it
In the 90s, San Francisco would come out and destroy teams. We always thought we could flip the switch and score when we wanted to. I just never understood that mentality. Open it up and don’t turn it off

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yup. Jerry builds .500 teams, it's what he does. To make the playoffs and advance, you need strong trenches, not Phil Costa and Bruce Thornton and Nick Hayden.
Do you know 8/8 kept us in the game. We were always able to win possibly. But what killed us was draft position. You draft average your play average. We’ve always put a decent product on the field and I’m not sure that’s a great thing

phildadon86

Reaction score
But this week we are playing a super talent at QB who can buy time with his legs and we have multiple starters out on defense at key positions.

Not to mention it’s a road game.

After this week I think we settle in but this weeks unfortunately looks like an L. A W would be huge for the rest of our season this week.

Maybe we get lucky and Gregory doesn’t have a positive test today.
I take Prescott over Herbert and our weapons on O over any of theirs. Defense may be an issue of course but after how Dak played on Thursday I have a good feeling we go on a run starting Sunday

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
In the 90s, San Francisco would come out and destroy teams. We always thought we could flip the switch and score when we wanted to. I just never understood that mentality. Open it up and don’t turn it off

Did you see how the game plan was on offense with all the motion etc, then it just stopped

kskboys

Reaction score
Do you know 8/8 kept us in the game. We were always able to win possibly. But what killed us was draft position. You draft average your play average. We’ve always put a decent product on the field and I’m not sure that’s a great thing
Correct. That's what happens when you have a bad GM who has no clue how to build a championship contender.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Their emerging D and top 5 QB say otherwise.
That’s what I mean by paper team. This is the season you throw out the statistics. I just hope you have a decent game keep the penalty some mistakes to a minimum. And at the end of the day we should come out with the win

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

TJ Watt.

I was patient with the Taco Charlton pick and wanted to see it play out.

After it has played out I just want to cry. How much better would our team be with TJ Watt and what a massive massive screw up that was.

They also compounded their screw up by reaching for Trysten Hill who they have gotten nothing out of and was a 3rd rounder at best anyways.

If your coach can’t fit good players to his system in 2021 then he doesn’t belong on the NFL. Marinelli can probably still teach DL at a high level but he had no business coordinating a defense and telling scouts who to pick.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Our division looks awful and after this week our schedule looks easy for awhile.

So let’s say we take an L this week. Seems likely considering all of the chaos currently surrounding our roster

I think we could start the season 7-3 and most of the players who are out would be back by this time.

This team hasn't had a 6-1 stretch in five years. I hope you're right, but I'm assuming nothing.

yeah the only issue is suspensions and injuries

I'm waiting to see evidence that the defense and special teams are much improved over last year.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In what way??? Maybe we're the weak and teams feast on us
Where a team that has the ball last wind team. What that means is our defense is what’s holding us back. We can beat anybody in this league . I’m not sure Green Bay can see that. Or even Pittsburgh. If we have the ball last and the score is close enough so we can win. We will do that

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This team hasn't had a 6-1 stretch in five years. I hope you're right, but I'm assuming nothing.

I'm waiting to see evidence that the defense and special teams are much improved over last year.
Wow, we haven’t won six games in a row in forever. I forgot about that. Well that’s the NFL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i jsut wonder when the cowboys miss the playoffs if big mike is able to survive
I doubt it. I didn’t want him in the first place. Buddy has a way of putting a coaching staff together. If we can improve on special teams alone we’re better

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I’m just looking at the opponents. I think Vegas will have us favored in every single one of those games except the Vikings.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Where a team that has the ball last wind team. What that means is our defense is what’s holding us back. We can beat anybody in this league . I’m not sure Green Bay can see that. Or even Pittsburgh. If we have the ball last and the score is close enough so we can win. We will do that

I hate that every game has to be a close game, my heart has suffered enough lol. Are we really that good on offense or do we just have good players???? Our red zone offense STINKS this has been going on for YEARS, or we get down there and start getting penalties