Our division looks awful and after this week our schedule looks easy for awhile

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is the best football conversation I’ve had all week, great post. Appreciate it people even if we all don’t agree. Go cowboys
This definitely beats the Dak sucks, Jaylon Sucks, Dak doesnt care anymore after getting paid, Parsons is a bust threads lol

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brady doesn’t take hits.

He’s not the drop back and survey the field type. He’s the drop back and check it down over and over until you get frustrated and blitz him then he hits you with a big play downfield.
Kudos to our coaching staff for understanding this

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bro....our special teams are good outside kicking? I watched 2 25 yard runbacks at least, same ole with us. One thing in common with us and the Giants is that our coaches are hurting our teams...

The kicking is the only thing that matters on special teams.

Coaches hype up special teams to keep their players attention but special teams is a big waste of time for everyone.

Special teams job is to make the FG, punt it high and far, kick it out of the end zone, and don’t screw the game up for the players that matter.

That’s literally it.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Cowboys have a solid office. Solid linebackers. We’re missing one corner and a pass rusher. Giants need an entire offense of line. Linebackers cornerbacks quarterback wide receivers. Although Shepherd played well last night. But wasn’t he the one who dropped the ball in the Endzone
ummm not sure what to say to your first two points: we have ignored glaring needs on D for years, and our LB crew is solid? Who in particular is solid on LB?

phildadon86

Reaction score

Coaches hype up special teams to keep their players attention but special teams is a big waste of time for everyone.

Special teams job is to make the FG, punt it high and far, kick it out of the end zone, and don’t screw the game up for the players that matter.

That’s literally it.
Special Teams is a lot more than that my friend. Field position is a big part of football.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score

That’s literally it.
so letting the receiving team run back kicks for 45 yards constantly doesn't matter? Pinning a team down deep in their own end on kicks doesn't matter? Interesting take...

glimmerman

Reaction score
No game easy for the entire NFL. But that’s not the point. They’re all winnable games including the chargers in my opinion. First of all they’re not Tampa Bay. Second of all Elliot will be a little bit more useful. Third of all we have Prescott
Boom. Let’s go punch them in the mouth.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so letting the receiving team run back kicks for 45 yards constantly doesn't matter? Pinning a team down deep in their own end on kicks doesn't matter? Interesting take...

Nobody does that.

Special teams is a big waste of time and overrated by fans who hear coaches talk about it’s importance publicly but privately just want a group of players who don’t screw it up the offense or defense.

A big play on special teams at the NFL level is rare.

Make your kicks, punt it far, kick it out of bounds, and don’t fumble the ball.

Anything else positive is a huge bonus that you might see once a year.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had to add one more thing. Did you see the look on the players faces after the loss against Tampa. They’re going to remember that feeling. Charges won . Yeah I know , It’s early to say complacent. But I think we have the edge in that category also. We are pissed

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ummm not sure what to say to your first two points: we have ignored glaring needs on D for years, and our LB crew is solid? Who in particular is solid on LB?
The entire group never mind the rookies. Coming up

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nobody does that.

Special teams is a big waste of time and overrated by fans who hear coaches talk about it’s importance publicly but privately just want a group of players who don’t screw it up the offense or defense.

I don’t think Field position is an overrated concern Traveling an extra 30 or 40 yards on a drive is a big dealI’d much rather start on the 45.Then inside my 20

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nobody does that.

Not just concerned about kicking special-teams goes a lot further . I know you know this but I’m not going to write a story

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t think Field position is an overrated concern Traveling an extra 30 or 40 yards on a drive is a big dealI’d much rather start on the 45.Then inside my 20

I never said field position wasn’t important.

Outside of the punter everyone else’s job is to not screw that up. You might get a nice return once a month if you’re lucky and it will probably get called back for a hold and just continue to waste everyone’s time.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
you do realize field position is 100% directly related to special teams play, right? Your point is so flawed
Nobody does that.

Dude I know your are generally lost on here, but the point above might be at the top of the list. If it is such a waste of time why do teams bring on coaches and players to fit this waste of time, roll? Setup a quick poll in here and see if your point is valid. Dare ya

Verdict

Reaction score
Both teams playing tonight are better than we are right now...let that sink in
Dallas is a much better team than Washington or the Giants. I wish the Giants had won that game last night, because you know they are going to fall apart over the long haul. Washington is a more stable team because of its defense (although the Washington defense looked very average against the Giants).

So far, it looks like the Giants will be in the cellar, and Philly and Washington could be better than average, or poor. Too small of a sample size so far.

Side note: Love seeing the Packers get the brakes beat off of them in week 1 by the Saints.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dallas is a much better team than Washington or the Giants. I wish the Giants had won that game last night, because you know they are going to fall apart over the long haul. Washington is a more stable team because of its defense (although the Washington defense looked very average against the Giants).

So far, it looks like the Giants will be in the cellar, and Philly and Washington could be better than average, or poor. Too small of a sample size so far.

Side note: Love seeing the Packers get the brakes beat off of them in week 1 by the Saints.
Dallas is not a better team right now than anybody in our division. We have lost a WR, OT on offense which will directly affect our running game. On D we have D Law, Gregory gone this weekend, Parsons we are waiting on while LVE and #9 are after thoughts at this point, and we need a CB2. How on earth are we better? We have had two lousy weeks full of injuries, can't just turn on a switch for our subs