Our future is not bright

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's not going to change crap. They are locked into this roster and will add nothing but rookies and scrubs to it.

We desperately need a transcendent player on this team somewhere.
Honestly we need another QB on a Rookie contract with the investments we’ve already made.

What do we have to offer to get into the Trevor sweepstakes? Or can we lose out to get it??

blueblood70

Reaction score
He's not going to change crap. They are locked into this roster and will add nothing but rookies and scrubs to it.

whatever i disagree the the original post and wont back off from it..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so......we won't have draft picks?
our future is bright.
not gonna change my opinion over a knee-jerk reaction to being 1-3.

We have 1 playoff win in the Dak era and you think Rookies are going to come in and be the difference?

This is Jones mentality and it's proven that it doesn't work for us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
get passed it the avatar choice of names ie blues says it all you are a pessimist and i wont chare all that bs the Op is laying down..
Yes, I’m a Diehard fan with the Blues. My screen name isn’t by accident. I’ve been down on this franchise for a couple decades.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Honestly we need another QB on a Rookie contract with the investments we’ve already made.

What do we have to offer to get into the Trevor sweepstakes? Or can we lose out to get it??

Another option would be if Miami finishes as the worst team in football and we trade for Tua if they want Lawrence.

Or just go get Stafford.

Or sign Dak for 1 year and bring in Darnold.. Darnold has all the ability and he's in an awful situation. He has 4 years experience and is only 23.

cowboyec

Reaction score
We have 1 playoff win in the Dak era and you think Rookies are going to come in and be the difference?

This is Jones mentality and it's proven that it doesn't work for us.
you asked for a reason for hope....yeah....i like what i saw on their tape.
will they produce?
thats up to them.
but there is some hope there.
as far as 1 play-off win in the Dak era.....that was under garrett.
lets see what happens with a better Dak under a better hc who has shown an ability to try.

Aven8

Reaction score
Another option would be if Miami finishes as the worst team in football and we trade for Tua if they want Lawrence.

Or just go get Stafford.

Or sign Dak for 1 year and bring in Darnold.. Darnold has all the ability and he's in an awful situation. He has 4 years experience and is only 23.

Those are all terrible ideas. Stafford can’t win. And will still be expensive. Trevor Lawrence is not going to be that “transcendent player” either. Darnold is awful as well.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
He certainly helped us last year. Much like Collins did. And Jones and Heath. All 4 starters we let walk.

Basically so we could sign Cooper while using our 1st round pick to shore up arguably our deepest position at WR. Those decisions have consequences.
He's a one trick pony. He was terrible against the run last year, and can barely get on the field for the bears. He signed a 5 yr, $70M contract with $30M guaranteed, yet he is playing less than half the snaps. If he signed here for that much and played that little, you would be destroying Jerry Jones for such a stupid contract.

cowboyec

Reaction score

at least under mccarthy they tried to address the problems at DT with mccoy and poe.
drafted gallimore.
i dont think garrett does that.
now...poe is playing like poo...but atleast they finally acknowledged a hole there.
this coach moved martin...in game...out to OT.
he started an udfa at OT because he said he earned it in practice.
that never would've happened under garrett.
at least this coach has shown a willingness to try ANYTHING.
lets see how he decides to address the issues on defense.
blame mccarthy all you want but dont say he wont "change" anything.
4 games into this season he's proven he will.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Disappointing either way I slice it...I never thought this team would be 1-3 with this roster. Yet here we sit. It has to be coaching. Jerry and co made a mistake...I’ll never buy the fact that McCarthy was a “super bowl” guy and knows how it’s done. Here Jerry and co think McCarthy came into at&t twice and out schemed Garrett. When really Rodgers just Went Rodgers on us twice... McCarthy at this point isn’t even better then Garrett in fact Garrett is arguably better as a HC.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
at least under mccarthy they tried to address the problems at DT with mccoy and poe.
drafted gallimore.
i dont think garrett does that.
now...poe is playing like poo...but atleast they finally acknowledged a hole there.
this coach moved martin...in game...out to OT.
he started an udfa at OT because he said he earned it in practice.
that never would've happened under garrett.
at least this coach has shown a willingness to try ANYTHING.
lets see how he decides to address the issues on defense.
blame mccarthy all you want but dont say he wont "change" anything.
4 games into this season he's proven he will.

If Jaylon Smith posted on here it would look like this.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Disappointing either way I slice it...I never thought this team would be 1-3 with this roster. Yet here we sit. It has to be coaching. Jerry and co made a mistake...I’ll never buy the fact that McCarthy was a “super bowl” guy and knows how it’s done. Here Jerry and co think McCarthy came into at&t twice and out schemed Garrett. When really Rodgers just Went Rodgers on us twice... McCarthy at this point isn’t even better then Garrett in fact Garrett is arguably better as a HC.
bull.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's a one trick pony. He was terrible against the run last year, and can barely get on the field for the bears. He signed a 5 yr, $70M contract with $30M guaranteed, yet he is playing less than half the snaps. If he signed here for that much and played that little, you would be destroying Jerry Jones for such a stupid contract.
I’m not familiar with his situation in Chicago. Can’t say. My bigger issues were with Jones. And to some extent Collins and even Heath.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Those are all terrible ideas. Stafford can’t win. And will still be expensive. Trevor Lawrence is not going to be that “transcendent player” either. Darnold is awful as well.

Dak can't win!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
you asked for a reason for hope....yeah....i like what i saw on their tape.
will they produce?
thats up to them.
but there is some hope there.
as far as 1 play-off win in the Dak era.....that was under garrett.
lets see what happens with a better Dak under a better hc who has shown an ability to try.

Man i'm just frustrated. If I come off as a prick I apologize.

Big D

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far with it :laugh:. But I do think MM has been disappointing to this point.
Is it really that hard to protect your defense with a ball control , time of possession type offense?