InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
4th Quarter

NoUKU.jpg

oRnbk.jpg

Sm03t.jpg

q0jTU.jpg

The OL allowed no hits and no sacks on Romo in the 4th. The only negative play was a holding call on Free.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
CATCH17;4720303 said:
Im worried about him more than I am any other position right now.

He doesn't look as athletic as he once did and he technique is getting him beat as well.

FYI...........this is why Jerry had to go cheap on the guards. Because he shelled out 8k per year for Free thinking the guy was a good LT in the making. It was a VERY bad move. Its these kind of desperate signings that have hurt us. This line needs a pro bowl caliber center to help solidify it. But AGAIN, they seem enamored by the hapless Costa. It really is a big mystery how they can make such good personel decisions in other areas and continue to completely whiff on the Oline evaluations.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720301 said:
:lmao2: If you truely went back and evaluated each snap and came away impressed with their performance than you are correct, you are not a homer. You are just very misguided. I suggest you go back and watch again.

I supply my evidence. If you got something to provide other than lowering the collective board IQ by 50 points, I'll await your work. Until then, we're all stocked up on collective, uninformed groupthink around here. We dont need another node on the "realist" hivemind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4720322 said:
4th Quarter

The OL allowed no hits and no sacks on Romo in the 4th. The only negative play was a holding call on Free.

So what is your point? The Oline played better in the 4th quarter? Do you have any evaluation about the first 3?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720334 said:
So what is your point? The Oline played better in the 4th quarter? Do you have any evaluation about the first 3?

Ugh

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4720292&postcount=73

The point is it's rather fascinating the difference between reality and the sketchy memories etched into the emotional brain of those afflicted with confirmation bias. Everytime I hear these accounts that "ROMOZ HAD TEH PRESSUREZ ALL GAMEZ!!!1" and "IF NOT FUR TEH ROMOZ THE OL WUD HAD LIKE TEH TEN SACKS!!111", I just shake my head and laugh. Romo wasn't sacked in the second half. Only took 1 QB hit in the 2nd half. Only had to scramble twice, and one of them was an easy scramble that any QB in the NFL could easily make.

Does the OL need to improve? Yeah. T. Smith needs to work on his footwork, which is understandable given tha the was playing in his first real game at left tackle since high school. Mainly, they need to clear up the pre-snap mess. However, they played well above average considering they were facing the NFL's toughest pass rush on the road and dealing with road crowd noise. Oh, and that whole deal about probably being the only team in the NFL with 5 new guys at every position from Week 17 of last season, as well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4720333 said:
I supply my evidence. If you got something to provide other than lowering the collective board IQ by 50 points, I'll await your work. Until then, we're all stocked up on collective, uninformed groupthink around here. We dont need another node on the "realist" hivemind.

LOL........and what is your evidence? Your run pictures with lanes are laughable. Your selective snap shots half a second after the snap before the rush gets there are also laughable. I see you have now wittled your case down to the 4th quarter. At least you admit the first 3 quarters were abysmal.

"Hey they blocked decent on the last driver of the game, so that erases the first 12 drives" :lmao2:

I think its obvious since you are getting lambasted by the majority of the posters on here. Or didnt you notice?

jnday

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4720333 said:

You really come across as an arrogant genius if the rest of us didn't know better. It would be much more appreciated if the homer bias hadn't blinded you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4720339 said:
Ugh

The point is it's rather fascinating the difference between reality and the sketchy memories etched into the emotional brain of those afflicted with confirmation bias. Everytime I hear these accounts that "ROMOZ HAD TEH PRESSUREZ ALL GAMEZ!!!1" and "IF NOT FUR TEH ROMOZ THE OL WUD HAD LIKE TEH TEN SACKS!!111", I just shake my head and laugh.

You are basically being laughed at by true blue cowboy fans on this thread. Thats the reality you are facing. Its not like we're Giant fans with a bias. We love the cowboys and would like nothing more than to watch the Oline play well. Its just a slap in the face to any true blue cowboy lover to hear a homer try to pawn off on any educated/realistic cowboy fan that the Oline played a good game. Its actually insulting. But its great for a laugh. :lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
jnday;4720342 said:
You really come across as an arrogant genius if the rest of us didn't know better. It would be much more appreciated if the homer bias hadn't blinded you.

Hivemind?:lmao: :lmao2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
jnday;4720342 said:

Do you have any response to his stills or are you going to leave it at lame *** whines hidden as smack as you lose the argument?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720351 said:
You are basically being laughed at by true blue cowboy fans on this thread. Thats the reality you are facing. Its not like we're Giant fans with a bias. We love the cowboys and would like nothing more than to watch the Oline play well. Its just a slap in the face to any true blue cowboy lover to hear a homer try to pawn off on any educated/realistic cowboy fan that the Oline played a good game. Its actually insulting. But its great for a laugh. :lmao2:

Soooooo ... .basically I shouldn't hold my breath awaiting any evidence for your opinion? Just a bunch of ESPN messeageboard like juvenile, non-analytic ranting about what it means to be a "true blue fans"?

Got it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720351 said:

Speak for yourself. You and jnday are not any more of 'true blue cowboys fans' than anyone else.

I happen to think he is right and further he backs his assertions with empirical evidence. You are trying this lame tactic of ridiculing those you disagree with as 'homers' I can only guess is an attempt to bully.

This is typical behavior when someone does not have an argument. It's called bluster and it rings hollow.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4720339 said:
Ugh

The point is it's rather fascinating the difference between reality and the sketchy memories etched into the emotional brain of those afflicted with confirmation bias. Everytime I hear these accounts that "ROMOZ HAD TEH PRESSUREZ ALL GAMEZ!!!1" and "IF NOT FUR TEH ROMOZ THE OL WUD HAD LIKE TEH TEN SACKS!!111", I just shake my head and laugh. Romo wasn't sacked in the second half. Only took 1 QB hit in the 2nd half. Only had to scramble twice, and one of them was an easy scramble that any QB in the NFL could easily make.

Does the OL need to improve? Yeah. T. Smith needs to work on his footwork, which is understandable given tha the was playing in his first real game at left tackle since high school. Mainly, they need to clear up the pre-snap mess. However, they played well above average considering they were facing the NFL's toughest pass rush on the road and dealing with road crowd noise. Oh, and that whole deal about probably being the only team in the NFL with 5 new guys at every position from Week 17 of last season, as well.

They played better in the second half than they did in the first. Thats about all you can say about the line thats positive. Costa getting hurt was the best thing that happened for them all day. If it wasnt for romo's magic and the play of the Defense, this Oline would have easily been the prime reason we lost the game. The fact that we won has you grasping at straws to find some kind of positive.

The reality of the analysis is that the defense, Romo, and some great work by Murray were good enough to overcome a bad performance by the offensive line.

Anything else is just nonsense. Did they play better in the 4th quarter when we had the lead and were running it down thier throats and the D was tired? yah they did. But at that point, we could use alot of play action in the passing game and work off the run game. Thats about all you can say.

I expect them to get better with continuity. And they should certainly be better if Costa remains on the bench.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720318 said:
You call those good running lanes? The Oline is pushed back into the backfield on most of those. A good Oline gets push and allow the back a few steps before he hits the line. :lmao:

Care to point to specific plays? I don't recall our guys getting pushed back like that. If you would just tell us what the time is when the play begins.

You are dealing with people that watch each play multiple times so you are going to have to at least try to make a better argument than these gross generalizations that are unsubstantiated.

Raise the bar, man.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
jnday;4720342 said:

I love how this game always plays out...

"Anyone who says the OL played alright is a blind homer shill for this team who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. I laught at anyone who suggests otherwise. I'm a REALIST and I know football!!!"

Actually, you're wrong. As demonstrated here (supplies evidence).

"Ughhh..... you're arrogant. I don't know why you think you know better than everyone. Oh, and a homer. Please stop from name calling!!"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;4720364 said:
Speak for yourself. You and jnday are not any more of 'true blue cowboys fans' than anyone else.

I happen to think he is right and further he backs his assertions with empirical evidence. You are trying this lame tactic of ridiculing those you disagree with as 'homers' I can only guess is an attempt to bully.

This is typical behavior when someone does not have an argument. It's called bluster and it rings hollow.

No issues pal. The Oline played a great game. :laugh2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4720370 said:
I love how this game always plays out...

"Anyone who says the OL played alright is a blind homer shill for this team who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. I laught at anyone who suggests otherwise. I'm a REALIST and I know football!!!"

Actually, you're wrong. As demonstrated here (supplies evidence).

"Ughhh..... you're arrogant. I don't know why you think you know better than everyone. Oh, and a homer. Please stop from name calling!!"

Here's the difference between your analysis and mine.

Mine: Straight up, the Oline overall had a bad game.

Yours: Well, considering that there are 5 guys playing new positions, no continuity in preseason, they have played really bad of late, and the fact that Romo actually had some time to throw in the 4th quarter is good enough for me to proclaim that the line had a good game.

You would have been fine if the thread was about the line playing better in the 2nd half considering how poorly they played in the first half. But instead it came accross as a rub in thread to the people that have been critical of the Oline play. As if this game was good enough to rub something in. Poor choice of a game to rub in anything.

Ill be the first to compliment the line when they have a good game.

adamknite

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen somebody provide so much evidence for his point, and get so much disrespect for it.

He's making a case for his opinion, providing evidence with analysis to try and show why he believes this way and all he's getting in return is insults and called a homer... when he's trying to have a rational analysis, agree with it or not.

truly, shocking. Really.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720377 said:
No issues pal. The Oline played a great game. :laugh2:

You lack any sense of nuance. That is obvious. I suspect you are just trolling at this point or are just very childish but either way good day, 'true blue cowboy fan.'