Our oline is better than we think.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720382 said:
Here's the difference between your analysis and mine.

Mine: Straight up, the Oline overall had a bad game.

Yours: Well, considering that there are 5 guys playing new positions, no continuity in preseason, they have played really bad of late, and the fact that Romo actually had some time to throw in the 4th quarter is good enough for me to proclaim that the line had a good game.

You would have been fine if the thread was about the line playing better in the 2nd half considering how poorly they played in the first half. But instead it came accross as a rub in thread to the people that have been critical of the Oline play. As if this game was good enough to rub something in. Poor choice of a game to rub in anything.

Ill be the first to compliment the line when they have a good game.

Actually I think it's more like

Yours: THE OL TEH SUXORS !!11 I HERD IT ON ESPN RADIO. HERP DERP HERP DERP.

Mine: Actually, I don't think they played that badly. They allowed zero sacks, and 1 QB hit the entire second half. In fact, Romo had a clean pocket to work with an inordinate amount of time. To support my claim here's screen shots of every single pass attempt for Romo in the 2nd half.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;4720369 said:
Care to point to specific plays? I don't recall our guys getting pushed back like that. If you would just tell us what the time is when the play begins.

You are dealing with people that watch each play multiple times so you are going to have to at least try to make a better argument than these gross generalizations that are unsubstantiated.

Raise the bar, man.

lmao!!! Raise the bar? Take your own advice. If you're trying to pawn off that pathetic performance of the Oline as good, then you really need to raise the bar.
:lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4720391 said:
Actually I think it's more like

Yours: THE OL TEH SUXORS !!11 I HERD IT ON ESPN RADIO. HERP DERP HERP DERP.

Mine: Actually, I don't think they played that badly. They allowed zero sacks, and 1 QB hit the entire second half. In fact, Romo had a clean pocket to work with an inordinate amount of time. To support my claim here's screen shots of every single pass attempt for Romo in the 2nd half.

What are you like 10 years old? LOL

jnday

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;4720359 said:
Do you have any response to his stills or are you going to leave it at lame *** whines hidden as smack as you lose the argument?

I have provided plenty for my side of the argument over the last few weeks, but he is much like you, can't see for his homer glasses. You can say this is a good line until you turn blue in the face. That don't mean it is true. I am sure everything was great last year for you as well. How did that turn out? Being on the homer side wouldn't be so bad if the last 15 years didn't prove you wrong.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyRoy;4720394 said:
lmao!!! Raise the bar? Take your own advice. If you're trying to pawn off that pathetic performance of the Oline as good, then you really need to raise the bar.

CR, simply provide some "meat" to your argument.

Show either by stats, pictures or whatever that the Oline performed as badly as what you are suggesting.

That's the way to support your position.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;4720388 said:
You lack any sense of nuance. That is obvious. I suspect you are just trolling at this point or are just very childish but either way good day, 'true blue cowboy fan.'

LOL........sorry if I lack "nuance". LOL

I guess you just have too much nuance for me. LOL :lmao:

Is this the way you cut up people on this board. By using big words?

You lack the ability to properly evaluate Oline play. How's that for nuance? :lmao:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
adamknite;4720384 said:
I don't think I've ever seen somebody provide so much evidence for his point, and get so much disrespect for it.

He's making a case for his opinion, providing evidence with analysis to try and show why he believes this way and all he's getting in return is insults and called a homer... when he's trying to have a rational analysis, agree with it or not.

truly, shocking. Really.

It's cool. Cognitive Dissonance. Selective Perception. Confirmation Bias. It's much more fun to observe in real life than to read about in a text book.

Trendnet

Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720400 said:
LOL........sorry if I lack "nuance". LOL

I guess you just have too much nuance for me. LOL :lmao:

Is this the way you cut up people on this board. By using big words?

You lack the ability to properly evaluate Oline play. How's that for nuance? :lmao:

A two syllable word is big?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
adamknite;4720384 said:
I don't think I've ever seen somebody provide so much evidence for his point, and get so much disrespect for it.

He's making a case for his opinion, providing evidence with analysis to try and show why he believes this way and all he's getting in return is insults and called a homer... when he's trying to have a rational analysis, agree with it or not.

truly, shocking. Really.

Hit the nail on the head. Too often, people's opinions overrule actual facts and data.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
adamknite;4720384 said:

truly, shocking. Really.

His snapshots are poor evidence of a game filled with jail break, romo running for his life, and a NUANCE of penalties by everyone on the line. Technology does not trump reality.

A few fancy snap shots of 4th quarter protection at selectivce times do not make up for a poor perfomance by the Oline.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Ross Tucker on Thursday said the O line was adequate at best

Now that guy I believe over the so called experts here

I mean he actually played on the line in the NFL

But go ahead homers and sell your used cars

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Warren Sapp said that the Cowboys lacked a 2nd pass rusher outside of DeMarcus Ware because all of the other Cowboys players stop what they're doing to watch Ware.

Sounds like the ludicrous rantings of an meathead ex jock to me who actually spends very little time breaking down film, but Sapp did play on the DL.

Trendnet

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4720425 said:
Warren Sapp said that the Cowboys lacked a 2nd pass rusher outside of DeMarcus Ware because all of the other Cowboys players stop what they're doing to watch Ware.

Sounds like the ludicrous rantings of an meathead ex jock to me who actually spends very little time breaking down film, but Sapp did play on the DL.

Homerrrrrrr1`!!!!111!!111qz1`1!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4719613 said:
I'm sure others have drawn this conclusion but no one has posted. Here is my thought: We played against the absolute best d-line in the league and ran all over them and gave up two sacks. With our center going down on the first series and the players never playing together.Fast forward 2-3 weeks, against lesser competition and we may be looking at a good offensive line for the first time in years.

Ran all over them? Another low standard/false statement.

Here's an opinion from a professional:

Fortunately for the Cowboys, the team was still able to come out with a win despite the overall performance of the five guys up front. They found places to improve and didn’t have to sacrifice a win to get that learning experience.
Dallas’ offensive statistics would indicate that the line played well between the whistles.

Tony Romo completed 22-of-29 passes for 307 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. DeMarco Murray rushed 20 times for 131 yards (6.6 average).

But their success in the passing game was more a product of Romo’s elusiveness in (and out of) the pocket. The Giants’ defensive line put pressure on him. He just stepped up and delivered.
Were you impressed or frustrated by the Cowboys' offensive line Wednesday night?

ImpressedFrustratedSubmit Votevote to see results

• Were you impressed or frustrated by the Cowboys' offensive line Wednesday night?
  • Impressed

46.2%

• Frustrated

53.8%

Total votes: 52
jQuery(function() { BR.poll.showResults(224565); BR.poll.add(224565, { question: "Were you impressed or frustrated by the Cowboys' offensive line Wednesday night?", choices: {"choice0":{"count":24,"choice":"Impressed"},"choice1":{"count":28,"choice":"Frustrated"}} }); });
Of Dallas’ 13 penalties Wednesday night, four were false starts by offensive linemen. Three belonged to Tyron Smith, tasked with blocking star defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul in his first start at left tackle.

However, Pierre-Paul didn’t walk away with any sacks and the Cowboys were not forced to punt on any of the drives in which Smith gave five yards to the defense. Dallas actually scored two touchdowns and failed a fourth-down attempt for a third (after converting a first down following Smith’s penalty).

New York boasts one of the most talented and productive defensive lines in football. There is no shame in giving up two sacks to the Giants' D-Line in the first regular-season game, especially when your team comes out with a win. The pressure from New York's front four was expected.

Now, the question that the Cowboys have to answer is: how good will they be when the line puts it all together?

fgoodwin

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4719613 said:
I'm sure others have drawn this conclusion but no one has posted. Here is my thought: We played against the absolute best d-line in the league and ran all over them and gave up two sacks. With our center going down on the first series and the players never playing together.Fast forward 2-3 weeks, against lesser competition and we may be looking at a good offensive line for the first time in years.
I hope you're right. But they have to get the false starts under control.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;4720417 said:
Ross Tucker on Thursday said the O line was adequate at best

That's a fair approximation... "Adequate"

They weren't great the whole game. They weren't awful the whole game.

The second half was better than the first half.

I'd like them to be even better vs the Seahawks, but it's not like they stunk vs the Giants.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720412 said:
His snapshots are poor evidence of a game filled with jail break, romo running for his life, and a NUANCE of penalties by everyone on the line. Technology does not trump reality.

A few fancy snap shots of 4th quarter protection at selectivce times do not make up for a poor perfomance by the Oline.

Well, jumping up and down saying they are bad doesn't show anything Roy, and you have said nothing to prove your case at all other than just trying to yell the loudest.

As for the performance, the tackles did struggle alot more than the interior, although this is something you don't mention. But mentions of the OL getting better as the game went along is a good sign for the future, and shouldn't be taken negatively like you are trying to portray it.

And btw, all this talk of 'if it wasn't for Romo' is meaningless......well Romo is our QB unless you want to call Bledsoe up so that you can prove the OL is bad.

Reaction score
CowboyRoy;4720412 said:

Where is YOUR evidence? IR is actually providing evidence. You just keep repeating your opinion with no facts to back it up, thinking that your side is self evident and that all you need to do is keep repeating yourself to be correct.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. What a joke.