Our QB is broken

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on AC, that is BS.
  • Dak cost us the game by not doing anything until it was 27-0
  • The Defense cost us the game by not being able to stop any drive
  • The Coaches cost us the game for not having gameplans to score and/or stop scores from happening
To try and say "but, but, but" on any one of those is just foolish.

(Great, now I'm arguing the Dak-Haters AND Dak-Stans ... I got to reevaluate my life)
:muttley:
When you fall into the reasonable sane middle, well let's just say it's a dangerous place to be. The two sides can't seem to comprehend the situation. :)

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I suggest people go back and look at all of Prescott's playoff games. In 2016, the Cowboys lost to the Packers 34-31 in the divisional playoff game after getting a bye.. Dak brought the Cowboys back to tie the game twice in the 4th quarter after being down 28-13. Both times the Packers came back with scoring drives to retake the lead. That was the game Rodgers threw that pinful pass down the sidelines and Byron Jones let the TE get away from him for just a second to set up the game winning FG with 3 seconds left on the clock.

In 2018, the Cowboys beat the Seahawks 24-22 in the wild car round. Again, the Cowboys fell behind and Dak brought them back to win the game. In the divisional game the Cowboys lost 30-22 but not because Dak was bad. The Rams, CJ Anderson in particular, ran all over us that day. Anderson was running through gaping holes. Not Daks fault. The Rams were just the better team that year.

In 2021, the Cowboys lost to the 49ers 23-17. The score was 16-7 at the half. and 23-7 after 3Q. Again Dak brought them back to make it 23-17. The game ended on the late scrambled when the Cowboys did not get the ball spotted. Zeke was the Cowboys top rusher with 31 yards on 12 carries.

In 2022, the Cowboys beat Tom Brady and the Bucs in Tampa in the Wild Card round. 31-14. It was 18-0 at the half. Dak went 25-33 for 305 and 4 TDs. What a choker!

Then the Cowboys again lost to SF 19-12. The score was tied 9-9 after 3 quarters. It was a defensive games the whole way. The Cowboys were in this game until Pollard got hurt. That left the Cowboys with no running game at all. CMC scored a TD in the 4th quarter and Dak came back with a FG dive. But it just wasn't enough.

Then of course in 2023 we got blown out by the Packers. Looking back on al those games two things are apparent, Dak was not responsible for all 5 losses and in fact played some great games. In every case where they lost, the other team was just better than Dallas, except for this last Packers loss. The Packers were hot, but the Cowboys are clearly the better team. They were just unprepared and maybe too overconfident. I wonder if the Eagles hadn't collapsed and the Cowboys had been the wild card team going to Tampa if thins would have been different. Maybe not getting home field for 2 games would have changed the Cowboys attitude going into the Wild Card game.
See Bob's Sturm's post on Dak's struggle early in playoff games. Euphemisms like "it was a defensive struggle" makes it seem like it was ordained by god that we have 9 points after 3 quarters. He was playing vs Mr Irrelevant. Context matters...give me a break.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't comment on the team's feelings about Romo...I'll just say that Jerry wanted Romo back in and the team said - INCLUDING WITTEN - said we have to stick with Dak. This is well-documented.
First, cite the documentation. I don't doubt many on the team wanted to stick with what was working, but I doubt there was a lot of public declaration against Romo.

Second, I don't see the point anyway. Again, there wasn't ill will toward Romo, it's just the the teams was excelling with Dak. So what if Jerry wanted to stick with Romo? The fact they talked through it and made the best decision is actually a healthier process than most of the time under Jerry as owner/GM.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If Mahomes comes here...is the franchise still broken? How about Lamar? If this was 2001, I would agree with you...but we're not that bad.
Exactly! Heck we saw this team win games with Rush. It's appeared the team likes Rush. Maybe because he wasn't an over payed QB acting like he is worth every penny he is getting.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Come on AC, that is BS.
  • Dak cost us the game by not doing anything until it was 27-0
  • The Defense cost us the game by not being able to stop any drive
  • The Coaches cost us the game for not having gameplans to score and/or stop scores from happening
To try and say "but, but, but" on any one of those is just foolish.

(Great, now I'm arguing the Dak-Haters AND Dak-Stans ... I got to reevaluate my life)
:muttley:
I agree with that the coaches and D did not help...but to prop up Dak on those garbage time, empty calorie stats...

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
First, cite the documentation. I don't doubt many on the team wanted to stick with what was working, but I doubt there was a lot of public declaration against Romo.

Second, I don't see the point anyway. Again, there wasn't ill will toward Romo, it's just the the teams was excelling with Dak. So what if Jerry wanted to stick with Romo? The fact they talked through it and made the best decision is actually a healthier process than most of the time under Jerry as owner/GM.

Hadenough

Reaction score
See Bob's Sturm's post on Dak's struggle early in playoff games. Euphemisms like "it was a defensive struggle" makes it seem like it was ordained by god that we have 9 points after 3 quarters. He was playing vs Mr Irrelevant. Context matters...give me a break.

This exactly what I have been saying! Dak goes quarters at a time doing nothing. Averaging around 87 passing yards in the first half of all those playoff games is pathetic.

Nav22

Reaction score
He threw 2 first half INTs when our D was balling out. One when we were heading down to score or take the lead. And he does it on EASY THROWS. If he was trying to squeeze the ball in 20 yard downfield on 3rd and long late in the game...so be it. No...he throws picks on SHORT EASY THROWS!!! I can't with this QB...
He didn't play well.

But you clearly don't watch the 49ers play very often. They make most QBs look silly.

Nav22

Reaction score
Sure dude. Keep believing that lie. He choked against the 49ers. He even admitted to playing poorly against them.
Playing poorly vs a better team and "choking" aren't necessarily the same thing.

You people REALLY need to watch more NFL football. At least educate yourselves on the other teams.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
Ok, but that would only prove that Jones loved Romo more from the start. You questioned my post regarding Jerry's belief in Dak. I've seen nothing that indicates Jerry believes in Dak. Most QBs don't get to the franchise tag:
- Jalen Hurts (I think Dak's better than him, but the Eagles think more of him than Cowboys did of Dak)
- Jared Goff (The Rams extended him...and then traded him. Never made it to franchise tag.)
- Carson Wentz (LOL...yes, the Eagles paid him and he never saw the franchise tag.)
- Patrick Mahomes | Josh Allen | <insert most top QB>

Dak was franchised tagged TWICE.

The only reason Lamar made it there was because he wanted fully guaranteed money and the team balked at that (among other things). The point is that teams that BELIEVE in their franchise QB and don't want to upset him - as Lamar was very upset with the POSSIBILITY of the franchise tag - don't put their QB on a prove it deal.

Now...that's just ONE way I know Jerry doesn't believe in Dak. I can go on all day. Can you?
So if Jerry doesn't believe in Dak, he SURELY won't sign a new deal this offseason, right?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is an after the fact video, not players publicly declaring at the time they didn't want to go back to Romo.

This video doesn't disagree with anything I wrote. It specifically supports what I said about the players wanting to stick with what was working. He specifically said there was nothing against Romo at all, and that it was all about the momentum at the time

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When your offense leader is Prescott two things can happen. Players either see him as an over paid clown show that cares about his image and his bank account (see Lamb) or they respect that type of behavior and follow his lead (see Zeke). Either is bad. Exact same thing on defense. Players either saw D Flaw as some kind of cool leader and wanted to be a part of his hot boy nonsense (see Jaylon Smith) or they saw him for what he is and hated him (see Sean Lee). Again either case is not good.

Your leadership has to be indisputable from top to bottom. Ours is completely non existent.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When your offense leader is Prescott two things can happen. Players either see him as an over paid clown show that cares about his image and his bank account (see Lamb) or they respect that type of behavior and follow his lead (see Zeke). Either is bad. Exact same thing on defense. Players either saw D Flaw as some kind of cool leader and wanted to be a part of his hot boy nonsense (see Jaylon Smith) or they saw him for what he is and hated him (see Sean Lee). Again either case is not good.

Your leadership has to be indisputable from top to bottom. Ours is completely non existent.
Cite a source where Lamb said anything like that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So if Jerry doesn't believe in Dak, he SURELY won't sign a new deal this offseason, right?
They still blame Bill Parcells for bringing in a 'real rook' in Tony Romo saying the 'fat man' was just already worn out. :facepalm: :hammer:

2010 was the last big trade involved with Jerry Jones...they still don't know real history.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm thinking that the roster control up to now and with Mike McCarthy doesn't succeed...things will change on the oven with more cooking up.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Playing poorly vs a better team and "choking" aren't necessarily the same thing.

You people REALLY need to watch more NFL football. At least educate yourselves on the other teams.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Of any one in NFL analysis, I'd listen to anything offered by Sturm.