Our QB is broken

JustChip

Reaction score
Getting away from the pressure that comes from being the QB of America's team and all the crap that comes with it might help him.
Probably. The same as playing for the Yankees brings pressure playing for the Royals doesn’t.

Dak was outstanding in 2016, particularly the playoff game against the Packers. Down 21-3 and brought the team back. He was playing loose and with confidence. Not now.

He looks like Tom Watson at the 2009 British Open. Tom played flawless for 71 holes and was poised to be the oldest Major winner ever. But the pressure got to him on the final hole and it caused indecisiveness and poor execution. He ended up getting blown out in a 4 hole playoff.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Dak has done everything he can without the arm talent and decision making capabilities needed to play the position at a high level. He's played off the talent of this roster much like Cooper Rush did in his short stint taking over for Dak. Rush IMHO isnt a backup in this league on most rosters. This is what pisses me off the most. We've spent 8 seasons with this guy with stacked rosters only to be let down in crucial games because this guy couldnt handle it.
Faxsx

Wildcat711

Reaction score
To late for that. There mind is living in the past. They think it's ao easy to win, when 31 other teams are trying to win as well.
Of course our minds are living in the past.. a bit over a week ago.

How can you criticize people for being pissed after that shamozzle?

Im sure it will settle down in a while.. people are just venting.. its ok to vent isn't it?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Reasons:

- I think Dak regrets trying to be everyone's friend...instead of being a demanding Battlefield Commander. Especially in light of the family of Parsons and Lamb are saying.

- Dak told Garrett, "I'm not worried about the culture...we've got that down." Oops. Again, slap in the face to know what people really think and he was wrong the ENTIRE SEASON.

- Speaking of what people really think, Stephen A reported that when he was the Errol Flynn (in Dallas), multiple players on offense/defense were vocally unsure about him in the postseason. (To be fair, he also reported that they expressed confidence in the defense). Basically, it's the worst keep secret on the team that Dak is a choker. How do you lead that team again?

- Playoff Demons: Dak's playoff demons are in his head like Romo's fumbled snap. He tried to make it sound like it's a technical issue, "Early on I wasn't getting enough spin on the ball...". Bruh, if you're worried about your mechanics and performance you can't lead the team ...especially in the playoffs.

- The pick 6: I don't believe in energy, crystal balls or karma...BUT...I called that 2nd INT. I saw Dak sleepwalking and almost throwing INTs on plays before where he truly didn't see the defense...he was still in shock at how things were playing out. He knew he wasn't throwing the ball well - see the curve ball he threw to CD - and his mechanics were failing him at the moment he feared all year. He was panicked, thinking about post game and NOT in the moment...and so he never saw the defender. Most importantly, most times Dak will try to catch the interceptor. He didn't even try...he just stood and watched. BROKEN.

I believe Dak is a guy who feeds off of the team and their belief. They don't believe in him. Jerry doesn't really believe in him. And right now, I don't think he believes in himself.
:clap:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Probably. The same as playing for the Yankees brings pressure playing for the Royals doesn’t.

Dak was outstanding in 2016, particularly the playoff game against the Packers. Down 21-3 and brought the team back. He was playing loose and with confidence. Not now.

He looks like Tom Watson at the 2009 British Open. Tom played flawless for 71 holes and was poised to be the oldest Major winner ever. But the pressure got to him on the final hole and it caused indecisiveness and poor execution. He ended up getting blown out in a 4 hole playoff.
"Some guys can't make a six inch putt with everything on the line. Nothing we can do but remove them from the program." - Jimmy Johnson

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I don’t think “broken” is the correct term.

He is what he is.

He is a QB that plays well to very well in the regular season and has choked in the playoffs.

Time to move on. There is no “fixing” what he is.
I think careers have trajectories. If the tuck rule didn't exist and Tom Brady doesn't win in his first year starting, does he win 7? If Romo doesn't fumble that snap and we go to the SB - instead of the Bears - is his career different? I think so.

Dak's broken...for whatever reason. I can't point to a moment - maybe the 6 sack game his 2nd year - but he's got demons in his head.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry doesn't really believe in him.
So... Jones will extend someone he does not believe in..?

PF6lsYf.gif

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
So... Jones will extend someone he does not believe in..?

PF6lsYf.gif
Jones told Dak to his face he over paid him.

He's demanded things of Dak he never did of Romo - including making Dak play on the franchise tag TWICE.

Each trade deadline...Jerry hasn't moved one bit to bring in a free agent that would tilt the field.

In all the ways that matter, Jerry doesn't believe in Dak. Even now, he's playing nice with Dak because he has no choice if he wants to continue this run.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Rewarding Dak with an extension signals you are just fine with mediocrity or slightly above average in this league.
I don't believe any of us will be rewarding Dak with an extension.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Yep. Dak played MLB like crap. Couldn't stop the run for anything. And, did you see all those GB receivers running WIDE open??? Mahomes would have blanketed those guys. And, why didn't Dak get a sack in the playoff game? Lamar would have had three, or more!!
And, why couldn't Dak open run lanes for Pollard? I bet Purdy would have BLOWN open holes for Pollard!!
And, my heck Dak has led the league in penalties for three years!!! My heck!!

Guys, it's getting ridiculous.
Why is Mahomes undefeated in the divisional round with 16 TDs and 0 Ints? Is it Tyreek? His world-class defense his whole career? His amazing offensive line? His stud RB? With or without all those compenents, HE WINS.

You can't bellyache about Dak being "top 5" and "MVP-type" season and then point the finger at everyone when else when he plays poorly. Jordan Love didn't throw 2 Ints. Neither did Purdy. Baker didn't in his first game. Goff didn't throw INTS. Mahomes and Josh Allen didn't throw INTs. CJ Stroud didn't throw INTs in his home game.

yeah, it's the defense's fault Dak threw those picks.