Our QB is broken

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'm an optimist by nature, so I'm going the other way with this.

He can't choke any harder than he did vs Green Bay. It's impossible.

Even with our playoff failures of yesteryear, NOBODY saw this coming. We all expected to beat Green Bay.

So Dak choked under the high expectations.

Last year we got crushed in Week 18 at lowly Washington (with Dak playing terribly) and everyone expected us to lose at Tampa Bay a week later. We saw how Dak bounced back at TB when the world expected him to blow it: he was sensational.

So maybe, just maybe, this Green Bay loss was the COLOSSAL choke-job that he has no choice but to rebound from.

Expectations and optimism will be low next time around. And maybe that's just what the doctor ordered.
:thumbup:
I did see this coming. I have text messages that I sent friends. I told my friend from Dallas before the game that Dak will go deer in headlights if we get down early. I called the INT ahead of time.

Do you know how?

I simply remembered how he played last year against SF. It was then I realized that's it's not about the talent, it's about THE MOMENT. It's too big for him. It's in his head. It's like when a kicker has the yips. He says he's over them. But now you're down 2 and you need him to kick a 38 yard relatively easy field goal...and he shanks it. The "other guy" - who lacks confidence and has doubt - is in there and surfaces under pressure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of your points do not disprove my point. He did Trade for Lance...without consulting his son or his coach. What does that say for Jones' personal belief?
Jones believes he is a football genius. He acquired Lance as a possible replacement for Prescott down the road.
Oh by the way, we had the best backup in the league at the time.
Who? Cooper Rush? Okay.
And how Did Dak feel about it? Well, Dak wasn't happy.
Everyone can see Prescott was devastated. He got over it after a good night sleep on a Sleep Number mattress.
So again, Jerry doesn't really believe in Dak the way he did in Romo.
lol. Jones dropped Romo like a hot rock only after seeing Prescott perform extremely well for two months of a regular season. So...................... I guess THE PLAN is for Lance to immediately take over despite the fact he has not yet performed nowhere nearly as well as Prescott did his rookie year thus far. Fantastic plan.
For example, outside of Aikman and Quincy Carter, Jerry has NEVER invested a high pick in a QB. In fact, that's one of my problems with him. So the absence of a high pick in the last few years doesn't prove a thing one way or another.
Aikman was a selection with Jimmy Johnson's input. Carter was the idiot's 'football genius' in full effect. The absence of a high pick and (what I also stated earlier) a proven starting quality veteran suggests Jones believes in Prescott more than you do.

Now I'M defending Jones? ME???????????????????? CowboysZone.:facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wonder if that would be true, if we were in a less pitiful division.
Our division isn’t that bad. It’s not like it was a few years when all it took was 9 or 10 wins to win the division. It was strong last season when three teams made the playoffs.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Our division isn’t that bad. It’s not like it was a few years when all it took was 9 or 10 wins to win the division. It was strong last season when three teams made the playoffs with triple digit wins.
When I saw that the Eagles were as big of frauds as the Cowboys this year, I see the division as two bottom feeders and two fraud teams. I'm not sure whats up with the Iggles, they usually aren't frauds when they supposed to be good, unlike the Cowboys, well except for that time they were self proclaimed "Dream Team" :muttley:. I hope there problems persist.

Nav22

Reaction score
I did see this coming. I have text messages that I sent friends. I told my friend from Dallas before the game that Dak will go deer in headlights if we get down early. I called the INT ahead of time.

Do you know how?

I simply remembered how he played last year against SF. It was then I realized that's it's not about the talent, it's about THE MOMENT. It's too big for him. It's in his head. It's like when a kicker has the yips. He says he's over them. But now you're down 2 and you need him to kick a 38 yard relatively easy field goal...and he shanks it. The "other guy" - who lacks confidence and has doubt - is in there and surfaces under pressure.
Meh, I don't even really count the 49ers losses as "Dak choking." It was more like "Dak getting beat by a better team." And once Pollard went down last year, we were at a serious talent disadvantage, and on the road.

The 49ers are REALLY freaking good. Philly only beat them because Purdy got hurt.

There's a reason SF is on the doorstep every single year, no matter who the QB is.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Meh, I don't even really count the 49ers losses as "Dak choking." It was more like "Dak getting beat by a better team." And once Pollard went down last year, we were at a serious talent disadvantage, and on the road.

The 49ers are REALLY freaking good. Philly only beat them because Purdy got hurt.

There's a reason SF is on the doorstep every single year, no matter who the QB is.
49ers game was a great measuring stick game to show how we would fare in the playoffs. That is how I saw it. Teams like the 49ers tend to dominate both in the regular season and in the post.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If Mahomes comes here...is the franchise still broken? How about Lamar? If this was 2001, I would agree with you...but we're not that bad.
Are you confident that those QBs win when the defense gives up 6 offensive TDs in the Packers first 7 drives?

I'm not trying to defend Dak, he was PATHETIC.

And ... AND ... The defense was PATHETIC.

I'm sorry I don't share your optimism that replacing just the QB wins the GB game. It was an absolute TEAM meltdown and GB, who won the toss didn't even hesitate to receive the ball and star scoring TDs on their very first drive.

But by all means, you do you.
:thumbup:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When I saw that the Eagles were as big of frauds as the Cowboys this year, I see the division as two bottom feeders and two fraud teams. I'm not sure whats up with the Iggles, they usually aren't frauds when they supposed to be good, unlike the Cowboys, well except for that time they were self proclaimed "Dream Team" :muttley:. I hope there problems persist.
I wouldn’t call Philly a fraud. They went 15-2 last season on their way to the SB. They started this season 10-1 and for some reason they fell apart and couldn’t recover. The Cowboys are supposed to be good every year and when everyone starts buying in they get exposed. This has been going on for the past 2+ decades.

zerofill

Reaction score
Dak doing the 3 step release was doing descent. No matter what he tries to fix in mechanics, he becomes unraveled and resorts back to his dumb mechanics.

He obviously forgets to put his contacts in often as well.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
The only thing that is really going to help Dak at this point in his career is a POWER running game. I think that should be the focus this offseason and getting players in FA/draft to make that happen. It's the only way the Cowboys can reach their goals wth Dak IMO. Does that mean adding better OL and RB's or is it more about coaching and scheme...I'm thinking both.
Get Derrick Henry and draft his replacement.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Not necessarily. If Mahomes comes here...is the franchise still broken? How about Lamar? If this was 2001, I would agree with you...but we're not that bad.

Based on the kind of coach the GM would allow, it would be broken enough to not make it to the SB.

triplets_93

Reaction score
For whatever reason, this guy gets the yips when he plays a top team or a good playoff team. It’s really a shame and not sure he ever shakes this. There are anomalies like last year at Tampa and the Seahawks in ‘19. He definitely looks nervous and starts out terrible in these games.

there's no reason to think he will ever shake it. But we're stuck with him, so you better learn to really love Winning Regular Seasons, because that's all you're going to get.

Pawn Stars: "Best I can do is an NFC East Title..."

triplets_93

Reaction score
Yes, Dak is broken, badly. He's a perennial choker, but he is far from the only one on the team. He wasn't the only reason we lost. Can we fix him? Doubt it. Can we fix other aspects? Likely. Did Jerry do what was necessary to fix things. No. He ran it back.

The Problem is, no matter what coach we have here, everything might get fixed, but "Bad Dak" in the Playoffs would not be.

triplets_93

Reaction score
The only thing that is really going to help Dak at this point in his career is a POWER running game. I think that should be the focus this offseason and getting players in FA/draft to make that happen. It's the only way the Cowboys can reach their goals wth Dak IMO. Does that mean adding better OL and RB's or is it more about coaching and scheme...I'm thinking both.

There's no money left to buy all of the super great players to compensate for Bad Dak in the Playoffs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak took Jones to the woodshed in a way that Romo never did. It certainly, solidified Jones reputation of being a weak negotiator. No trade clause for instance...
Romo did the same during his time when he got his contract. they both got paid what a QB was worth at the time.

but yeah, the no trade clause was brilliant. credit goes to his agent.