Our QB is broken

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's not an unfair assessment.

Dak straight-up choked vs Green Bay. He played as if the Packers were a fearsome defense and he wouldn't have time to go through his progressions.

He did settle down in the 2nd half, but the damage was done. Our defense never showed up anyways, for whatever that's worth.
defense or sieve? one and the same.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Dak has done everything he can without the arm talent and decision making capabilities needed to play the position at a high level. He's played off the talent of this roster much like Cooper Rush did in his short stint taking over for Dak. Rush IMHO isnt a backup in this league on most rosters. This is what pisses me off the most. We've spent 8 seasons with this guy with stacked rosters only to be let down in crucial games because this guy couldnt handle it.
i mean can’t blame it completely on him. for example that rams playoff game they put up 300 yards on the ground on us. (defense let us down) then that first playoff game vs GB in 2016 dak outplayed Rodgers and who let us down? the defense. then he had a great game against TB in the playoffs. he beat seattle as well…

now let’s not forget that he played bad both times vs the niners and this past game vs GB.

all im saying is dak has this narrative going around of him coming up short in the playoffs. “he disappears”. and it’s not true. i’m no dak fan but some people get so blinded and get brainwashed by the four letter network and this narrative.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Dak has done everything he can without the arm talent and decision making capabilities needed to play the position at a high level. He's played off the talent of this roster much like Cooper Rush did in his short stint taking over for Dak. Rush IMHO isnt a backup in this league on most rosters. This is what pisses me off the most. We've spent 8 seasons with this guy with stacked rosters only to be let down in crucial games because this guy couldnt handle it.
:hammer:

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
The only thing that is really going to help Dak at this point in his career is a POWER running game. I think that should be the focus this offseason and getting players in FA/draft to make that happen. It's the only way the Cowboys can reach their goals wth Dak IMO. Does that mean adding better OL and RB's or is it more about coaching and scheme...I'm thinking both.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

nobody

Reaction score
Gotcha. Yeah, I can't disagree with that.

I'm just not sure I'd call him "broken." Zach Wilson's broken.

Dak choked under the bright lights, but maybe he grows from this and plays more free next time we're in the playoffs.

Almost like a "nowhere to go but up" situation.

He was definitely in his own head vs Green Bay. So maybe there's some confidence that can be obtained by realizing, "It was nothing that the opponent did. I beat myself."
He choked in the playoffs three years in a row. When is that growth going to actually happen? At what point should people say enough is enough?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the Defense gives up an opening drive for a TD, what does that inspire?
That certainly freaked dak out and put more pressure on him. If he had answered with a TD drive it would have been game on. Instead he responded with 2 INTs.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's fair, but how about the fact that when we did score 10 straight points (cutting the lead to 27-10 early in the 3rd quarter), the defense immediately gave up a quick TD to make it 34-10?

And then when we again scored to cut the deficit to 34-16, the defense immediately gave up another TD to make it 41-16?

If the defense wanted to show up or "be inspired" that day, those were 2 golden opportunities to do so right there.

Dak sucked in the 1st half, and unfortunately the defense sucked all game.
Yep I'm all for a defensive rebuild and a new QB. That's what Jimmy would do.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's not an unfair assessment.

Dak straight-up choked vs Green Bay. He played as if the Packers were a fearsome defense and he wouldn't have time to go through his progressions.

He did settle down in the 2nd half, but the damage was done. Our defense never showed up anyways, for whatever that's worth.
"Settled down" or GB pulled their starters and played prevent

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are you confident that those QBs win when the defense gives up 6 offensive TDs in the Packers first 7 drives?

I'm not trying to defend Dak, he was PATHETIC.

And ... AND ... The defense was PATHETIC.

I'm sorry I don't share your optimism that replacing just the QB wins the GB game. It was an absolute TEAM meltdown and GB, who won the toss didn't even hesitate to receive the ball and star scoring TDs on their very first drive.

But by all means, you do you.
:thumbup:
Yep rebuild the defense and replace the QB, i agree.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak took Jones to the woodshed in a way that Romo never did. It certainly, solidified Jones reputation of being a weak negotiator. No trade clause for instance...
Yep. Dak has always been about himself. He knew his draft status and talent level and politicking the Jones (who held onto Garrett for so many wasted years as a head coach) the Dallas local area was his best chance to reel in the money with endorsements and he’s been doing that since. Putting a no trade clause was part of that and a great move on his agent’s part because he knew if he was traded his cash cow would diminish considerably. One wonders how Jerry became so rich if his decisions concerning the football organization were applied to his businesses beforehand.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think careers have trajectories. If the tuck rule didn't exist and Tom Brady doesn't win in his first year starting, does he win 7? If Romo doesn't fumble that snap and we go to the SB - instead of the Bears - is his career different? I think so.

Dak's broken...for whatever reason. I can't point to a moment - maybe the 6 sack game his 2nd year - but he's got demons in his head.
You may be right but if you are. That begs the question. Can he be fixed? And how long do you try to fix him before you give up and get a new model?