Overrated and Underrated Actors and Actresses

timb2

Reaction score
Rob Lowe some of his acting is not that great but loved him in "Tropic Thunder" also Tom Cruise actually had a role in "Tropic Thunder" that I thought he did good in for once.

timb2

Reaction score
Underrated-
Bill Skarsgard(The new "IT" Clown Pennywise)
Ed Norton(He does great in most of his roles)
Gong Li(She is beautiful,but she can act and people don't pay attention because she is so hot).

Overrated-
Kevin Kline(Never understood why he was special)
Ice Cube(His act is old with me)
Meryl Streep(She is the most overhyped female ever. Nominated for Kramer vs Kramer? She did nothing special in that film.).

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
Underrated-
Ed Norton
Gong Li

Overrated-
Kevin Kline
Meryl Streep

I don’t think Kevin Kline is overrated at all. He was quite good in several movies:

A Fish Called Wanda
Dave
Grand Canyon
Silverado
Soap Dish
The Emperor’s Club

ESisback

Reaction score
I like J.K.Simmons, James Woods, James Garner, Oliver Platt

Big actors I like:
Denzel Washington
Robert Downey Jr.
Sam L. Jackson
Russell Crowe
Morgan Freeman
Michael Keaton
Liam Neeson
Paul Newman
Harrison Ford
Steve Buscemi

ESisback

Reaction score
Never liked any of those films.

Silverado was VERY good western! And how can anyone NOT like A Fish Called Wanda, or Dave? Ah well, to each his own. You probably have a couple of favorites I don’t care for either. Different strokes!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't think of too many overrated ones Even Nic Cage is not considered that good by most even though he won an award. However the guy still keeps getting movies even though they suck.
The girl that played Dexter's sister in the show Dexter always annoyed me. Don't know how she kept that job.

Underrated...

I have always felt Gary Oldman is underrated. Most people don't put him on the list of good actors, if someone brings him up they go...yeah we forgot about him...which kind of screams underrated to me.
He can be so diverse and look so different in movies. Sometimes a good guy, sometimes a bad guy. A Pimp, A vampire, A police commisioner, a crazy bad cop, a crazy wizard who is not that crazy and so on.

Although I think some confuse her with Viola Davis, Alfre Woodard who most probably know as Mariaha Dillard/Stokes (sp?) from Luck Cage. She has played in good number of roles. She is usually good in the movies and roles I have seen her in and she is the best one (acting wise) in the Luke Cage show...she can go from making you feel sorry for her one minute to being the epitome of evil a few minutes later. From being a cowering victim one minute to a cold hearted killer in a few minutes later. Does a great job.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Overated - Danny Glover. Likeable guy and generally looks the part, but his acting has always seemed stiff and forced to me.

Overrated - Kelly Preston. Whiney and annoying

Underrated - Lindsey Lohan ..... just kidding.

Underrated - The Rock .... still kidding.

Underrated - Ashley Judd. Seems she should get more lead roles. Pretty and a very good actress.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Overated - Danny Glover. Likeable guy and generally looks the part, but his acting has always seemed stiff and forced to me.

Overrated - Kelly Preston. Whiney and annoying

Underrated - Lindsey Lohan ..... just kidding.

Underrated - The Rock .... still kidding.

Underrated - Ashley Judd. Seems she should get more lead roles. Pretty and a very good actress.
In all seriousness to this funny post (love it, Omer! :) ) Ashley Judd as Marilyn Monroe in Norma Jean & Marylin was a sensational performance, despite the bad reviews. She does have some chops, for sure. She was really, really bad in Double Jeopardy (tho, a very fun flick): specifically, the court room scene, but nothing can take away from her performance in the aforementioned. Nearly every actor has their share of fluff pieces, unless you're one of the ten or so actors that puts out a leading role every 4-5 years/selective.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In all seriousness to this funny post (love it, Omer! :) ) Ashley Judd as Marilyn Monroe in Norma Jean & Marylin was a sensational performance, despite the bad reviews. She does have some chops, for sure. She was really, really bad in Double Jeopardy (tho, a very fun flick): specifically, the court room scene, but nothing can take away from her performance in the aforementioned. Nearly every actor has their share of fluff pieces, unless you're one of the ten or so actors that puts out a leading role every 4-5 years/selective.

I watch A Time to Kill this weekend, and was reminded how good she was in that despite it being a small part. That's really how I picture much of her career - smaller parts where she does a good job. I never saw Norma Jean & Marilyn. I'll have to check that out.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I watch A Time to Kill this weekend, and was reminded how good she was in that despite it being a small part. That's really how I picture much of her career - smaller parts where she does a good job. I never saw Norma Jean & Marilyn. I'll have to check that out.
DUDE! YES! (above post, amigo :) )

Also, check it out, her role as Marilyn is sensational

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(Inching Closer to) Overrated
Mark Ruffalo - solid actor but somewhat generic

Underrated
Zoe Kravitz - much better actress than her mother