P90 workout - Questions and comments

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, yesterday was my day off and I took it easy...

However, when I woke up this morning the back of my right shoulder was hurting like hell! I don't know what happened? Maybe I slept on my neck wrong or something, but it hurts.

I've been doing some light stretching on my shoulders to try and loosen it up, but it still is sore, but as of now not quite as sore.

So, to my disappointment, I have to miss today's cardio! I was thinking that although it's still sore that I might try and get through it this afternoon, but then again, I remember that if something is that sore, or injured (which I don't think is the case) that you need to just lay off for a minute...so, this is my first missed workout...I feel guilty.

Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up and it will be gone because I have no idea how it got so damn sore.

:(

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4541002 said:
Well, yesterday was my day off and I took it easy...

However, when I woke up this morning the back of my right shoulder was hurting like hell! I don't know what happened? Maybe I slept on my neck wrong or something, but it hurts.

I've been doing some light stretching on my shoulders to try and loosen it up, but it still is sore, but as of now not quite as sore.

So, to my disappointment, I have to miss today's cardio! I was thinking that although it's still sore that I might try and get through it this afternoon, but then again, I remember that if something is that sore, or injured (which I don't think is the case) that you need to just lay off for a minute...so, this is my first missed workout...I feel guilty.

Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up and it will be gone because I have no idea how it got so damn sore.

:(

Don't feel guilty. Smart decision. Better to rest it then to push through something and make it worse.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4541015 said:
Don't feel guilty. Smart decision. Better to rest it then to push through something and make it worse.

Thanks, bro. I was feeling so good yesterday and was really looking forward to today for the cardio....but, damn! I just cannot figure out what happened to the back side of my right shoulder. Maybe I should have done the cardio yesterday and rested today?

:confused:

Oh, well...I'll pick it back up when I'm able to.

;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, I woke up this morning and all the pain was totally gone! I really don't know what happened?

Anyway, I was going to try and do my workout today, but, although all the shoulder pain is gone, when I bend my chin to my chest I still have a slight pain right under the back of my neck down my spine about three inches down.

So, I'm gong to miss today one more time. That means I missed Saturday, Sunday and today. But, at least I know that tomorrow I will most likely be good to go and start up again.

I really missed the workouts, if that makes any sense to anyone.

;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yes it does.

I was upset with myself a bit today because I didn't budget my time right this morning and I tried to get a work out in after only having ate one time today....bad mistake. I was gassed very quickly and felt very sick. It was a terrible idea to try and workout without having been fueled far better.

I'll make a much better effort tomorrow but I was plenty pissed at myself today for that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4543164 said:
Yes it does.

I was upset with myself a bit today because I didn't budget my time right this morning and I tried to get a work out in after only having ate one time today....bad mistake. I was gassed very quickly and felt very sick. It was a terrible idea to try and workout without having been fueled far better.

I'll make a much better effort tomorrow but I was plenty pissed at myself today for that.

I wonder? Since I'm about 98 years old or close to it....:laugh2:

I might just take two days off instead of 6 days a week....?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, one month has gone by and it seemed to fly by. I did I-II sculpt/cardio/abs100 all month long.

Today I felt fine enough to exercise and did my first III-IV cardio/abs200. I was sweating like a dog in heat!

By the time I finish this month, BraveHeartFan will have already finished his 90 days. Just think, if I would have started the day he did, I would only have a month to go...but, I still have two months! :eek:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200 is exactly what I had today as well! Awesome workout and it flat kicks your butt. I love it.

Working pretty good in this final month but I'm looking to up the intensity of every workout till the end. Pushing hard.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4544925 said:
Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200 is exactly what I had today as well! Awesome workout and it flat kicks your butt. I love it.

Working pretty good in this final month but I'm looking to up the intensity of every workout till the end. Pushing hard.

I can't wait until you start P90X...I want to hear your posts on that one also. I don't think I will ever do that, I know that I would not make it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I've done the P90X program and liked it but if it doesn't give you that six-pack you've always dreamed about you can try this.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/ucuxkwah4x_203507609.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
KJJ;4544995 said:
I've done the P90X program and liked it but if it doesn't give you that six-pack you've always dreamed about you can try this.

http://i465.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr16/KJJ100/ucuxkwah4x_203507609.jpg

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Good one, KJJ!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4544972 said:
I can't wait until you start P90X...I want to hear your posts on that one also. I don't think I will ever do that, I know that I would not make it.

Actually at the moment i'm undecided on what I'll do next. I was thinking I'd go to P90x but now I'm seriously considering going with Insanity next. I've got both so it's possible to do either for me.

I'm leaning slightly toward Insanity at the moment for the cardio build it will give me for flag football come fall. I can't decide just yet but I'm thinking I'm going to Insanity next.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4545030 said:
Actually at the moment i'm undecided on what I'll do next. I was thinking I'd go to P90x but now I'm seriously considering going with Insanity next. I've got both so it's possible to do either for me.

I'm leaning slightly toward Insanity at the moment for the cardio build it will give me for flag football come fall. I can't decide just yet but I'm thinking I'm going to Insanity next.

I think that would be a good idea. P90X just looks to damn hard. It would be good if you want to have a body builder look, but the Insanity will give you more cardio.

Also, if you send a before and after picture they will send you a free t-shirt with the word "Insanity" on it...that would be cool. It's a 60 day workout, but, it says that it will also get you in shape and lose fat faster...and for you and your football gig...that might be the best way to go.

:shades:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4545040 said:
I think that would be a good idea. P90X just looks to damn hard. It would be good if you want to have a body builder look, but the Insanity will give you more cardio.

Also, if you send a before and after picture they will send you a free t-shirt with the word "Insanity" on it...that would be cool. It's a 60 day workout, but, it says that it will also get you in shape and lose fat faster...and for you and your football gig...that might be the best way to go.

:shades:

Kind of what I'm thinking as well.

I'm wanting to add some lean muscle but I've never wanted to have a bulky, huge, look. The nice thing about Insanity is that even with it being very cardio based it does have a lot of body weight resistance work which still allows me to build some lean muscle.

I think I'll give it a whirl. After that 60 days I can always go to P90x or a P90x/Insanity Hybrid if I want to do something different.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4545485 said:
Kind of what I'm thinking as well.

I'm wanting to add some lean muscle but I've never wanted to have a bulky, huge, look. The nice thing about Insanity is that even with it being very cardio based it does have a lot of body weight resistance work which still allows me to build some lean muscle.

I think I'll give it a whirl. After that 60 days I can always go to P90x or a P90x/Insanity Hybrid if I want to do something different.

Without drugs and or outstanding genetics, getting the bulky, huge look is practically impossible.......If you have an average frame forget about it, so don't worry about that, good luck!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
HeavyBarrel;4545856 said:
Without drugs and or outstanding genetics, getting the bulky, huge look is practically impossible.......If you have an average frame forget about it, so don't worry about that, good luck!

Don't listen to this.

If you want that look than it's all about lifting heavy and getting the propper nutrition. Mainly getting your Macronutrients right for your body type.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
CATCH17;4546275 said:
Don't listen to this.

If you want that look than it's all about lifting heavy and getting the propper nutrition. Mainly getting your Macronutrients right for your body type.

Genetics do play a big part. I saw a study where they put 6 guys on the same training and nutrition program for 8 weeks and a couple of them added a lot more muscle than the others.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
CATCH17;4546275 said:
Don't listen to this.

You're really denying genetics play a huge part in building muscle?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Holy crap! So, I took all the angle pics of me on April 2nd the day I started. Today I took the angle pics of me on May 2nd, today...I have them on my computer and made a slide show transitioning from the first April pic to the same pose on the May pic and so on and so on for the remainder of the pics.

I cannot believe how much I actually changed from one pic to the other! It blows me away, and this is just the first month.

I swear to you...my body has changed dramatically. I wonder what I will look like at the end of this month. ;)

Yes, I think genetics play a part in lots of things, not just building muscle, but in more ways than we can probably list. ;)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
CATCH17;4546561 said:
6 different people on the same nutrition program and it didn't work for everyone? You don't say?

You just denied that genetics don't play a big part. You said " don't listen to this if you want that look than it's all about lifting heavy and getting the proper nutrition." The guys I mentioned all lifted heavy and got the proper nutrition and some didn't gain near the muscle that 2 of the guys did.

They had them on a weight training and nutrition program that's been proven effective for a lot of guys looking to gain bulk. They had them changing their workout every week and the end results showed how genetics play a big role.