P90 workout - Questions and comments

phillycard

Reaction score
CATCH17;4502051 said:
Just keep doing that.

There is no way p90X is a longterm solution. It will get you where you want to be but for consistency you gotta go to the gym imo.

I hear you catch. Working out at home is okay. Too many other distractions for me most times. But if I do the gym which I love, then throw a little Zumba or Kinect in at home, I feel like I've truly bust my behind. :D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CATCH17;4502048 said:
What's ab ripper 200?

Im about 4% BF away from see'ing abs so im thinking about finally doing some ab exercises. I hate Ab exercises more than anything in the world. Even Squats.

I've done the Ab Ripper X for about a month but since my BF was higher I felt like it wasn't worth the effort just to get gains that I couldn't see.

So is the Ab ripper 200 killer? Im actually looking for something easier than Ripper x.

I'm not on ABS200 yet, just ABS100, which is 10 ab exercises with 10 reps each = 100.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
5Stars;4502567 said:
I'm not on ABS200 yet, just ABS100, which is 10 ab exercises with 10 reps each = 100.

Even better. What is abs 100 then? Does it work?

Im looking for results and not having to spend 20 minutes 3 times a week like ripper x

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CATCH17;4502591 said:
Even better. What is abs 100 then? Does it work?

Im looking for results and not having to spend 20 minutes 3 times a week like ripper x

Well, ABS100 takes about 5 minutes or so, maybe a tad longer. But, the circuit training that leads up to the ABS100 has many other exercises that work the abs, like kicking up with the legs, some weight training in a position like starting a lawn mower with a weight that helps the abs, and other circuit, core exercises that help the abs. So, the actuall ABS100 is where you lie on the floor and do some of the "normal" abs exercises that we have all done before.

So, since P90 and the X version is based on muscle confusion the circuit training along with the ABS100 at the end, it all works together.

I really doubt that just doing the ABS100 or 200 by itself would do much.

And, as everyone has said, the abs start in the kitchen.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
CATCH17;4502048 said:
What's ab ripper 200?

Im about 4% BF away from see'ing abs so im thinking about finally doing some ab exercises. I hate Ab exercises more than anything in the world. Even Squats.

I've done the Ab Ripper X for about a month but since my BF was higher I felt like it wasn't worth the effort just to get gains that I couldn't see.

So is the Ab ripper 200 killer? Im actually looking for something easier than Ripper x.

Ab Ripper 100 and Ab Ripper 200 are the precursors (did I spell that right?) to Ab Ripper X.

They're shorter, less reps, but they're easier moves to complete and do all the moves. It's 10 moves (the same 10 on 100 and 200) the only difference is the amount. In Ab Ripper 100 you do each move 10 reps. In Ab Ripper 200 you do them 20 reps a piece.

They're really good crunch moves and such, some of which are similiar to ones in Ab Ripper X, but they're not nearly as advanced. More of the old fashioned type moves.

I did Ab Ripper X a few years ago, when I did my one round of P90x, and personally I enjoy Ab Ripper 200 a lot more and I feel like I get a lot more out of it because I'm able to do all the moves, with solid form, for the reps, rather than having to skip multiple moves because I simply am unable to do them.

And for tonight i got my Scuplt 3-4 workout in again tonight and killed it. I love the resistance workouts more and more every time i do one.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4503128 said:
Ab Ripper 100 and Ab Ripper 200 are the precursors (did I spell that right?) to Ab Ripper X.

They're shorter, less reps, but they're easier moves to complete and do all the moves. It's 10 moves (the same 10 on 100 and 200) the only difference is the amount. In Ab Ripper 100 you do each move 10 reps. In Ab Ripper 200 you do them 20 reps a piece.

They're really good crunch moves and such, some of which are similiar to ones in Ab Ripper X, but they're not nearly as advanced. More of the old fashioned type moves.

I did Ab Ripper X a few years ago, when I did my one round of P90x, and personally I enjoy Ab Ripper 200 a lot more and I feel like I get a lot more out of it because I'm able to do all the moves, with solid form, for the reps, rather than having to skip multiple moves because I simply am unable to do them.

And for tonight i got my Scuplt 3-4 workout in again tonight and killed it. I love the resistance workouts more and more every time i do one.

I think ill start doing it. Also how many times a week? Im guessing 3...?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, today I finished day 11 of the circuit sculpt and cardio/ABS100.

When I look in the mirror, I can see the first top two little mucles in my abs trying to peek out at me. Four more and I will have a little six pack. :D

Each day gets just a little easier, but, it is still hard. I'm going to stay on level I-II for the rest of the month and then I might try and catch up to BraveHeartFan and go to level III-IV.

Also, it was either Wimbo or thompson75 that said something about thinking about your muscles as little peaks and valleys. Well, I am starting to see little muscle bulges in my forearms and my biceps, also in my thighs and calf's, and this is when I'm totally relaxed, not after a pump up with the weights.

Also, I have really been watching what I eat. I have not had any junk/fast/garbage food since I started. And, I'm not eating to get "full", I'm eating just enough to not be hungry.

Prior to starting these workouts, after I would eat lunch, I had to have a nap of maybe an hour or so. Now, I kick back and I doze off for maybe 1/2 hour but then am wide awake and have to get up to do something. I was never like that before.

This really works..

;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hey, BraveHeartFan, did you also get the DVD Power 90 Fat Burning System?

Have you used it? I have it and have never opened it or tried it.

:confused:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4504212 said:
Hey, BraveHeartFan, did you also get the DVD Power 90 Fat Burning System?

Have you used it? I have it and have never opened it or tried it.

:confused:

Yes I have got that but I have not used it. It's for after you've completed a full 90 day round it's an exercise you can sub in, for a harder workout, I believe on the cardio days if you decide to do another 90 day stint of Power 90 before going to P90x.

If you get to that last month and Sweat 3-4 is just way to easy for you, and I just don't see how it would be for anyone that wasn't already fairly fit before they started doing this, then you could sub the Sweat 3-4 out for that one instead.

I'm working late tonight so I'm going to be getting my workout in after 8 pm tonight but I'll be getting it in.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4504414 said:
Yes I have got that but I have not used it. It's for after you've completed a full 90 day round it's an exercise you can sub in, for a harder workout, I believe on the cardio days if you decide to do another 90 day stint of Power 90 before going to P90x.

If you get to that last month and Sweat 3-4 is just way to easy for you, and I just don't see how it would be for anyone that wasn't already fairly fit before they started doing this, then you could sub the Sweat 3-4 out for that one instead.

I'm working late tonight so I'm going to be getting my workout in after 8 pm tonight but I'll be getting it in.

:star:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Completed Sculpt 3-4 again last night and KILLED it. Today, in about half an hour, is going to be Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200 again. Tomorrow I've got a couple hours of Flag Football practice. That's going to leave me about 10 days out from the end of month 2. It's flying by and I'm getting more and more nervous and ready to see the new results for the end of month 2. I can really tell that I've lost at least a couple more inches on the chest and waist and my strength has gone way up.

Last night I pushed out 20 decline push ups and still got 18 Wide Fly Pushups at the end of the work out in the final max rep upper body workout. Man was I pumped about that.

I've also taken to using two 25 lbs dumbells when doing one of my sets of Squats on the workout.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4506426 said:
Completed Sculpt 3-4 again last night and KILLED it. Today, in about half an hour, is going to be Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200 again. Tomorrow I've got a couple hours of Flag Football practice. That's going to leave me about 10 days out from the end of month 2. It's flying by and I'm getting more and more nervous and ready to see the new results for the end of month 2. I can really tell that I've lost at least a couple more inches on the chest and waist and my strength has gone way up.

Last night I pushed out 20 decline push ups and still got 18 Wide Fly Pushups at the end of the work out in the final max rep upper body workout. Man was I pumped about that.

I've also taken to using two 25 lbs dumbells when doing one of my sets of Squats on the workout.
:bow:

Today is cardio and abs and I can either take today off or tomorrow off. I'm taking today off and not even feel guilty! ;) I'll do the cardio/abs tomorrow to start the week.

Besides, yesterday, during the sculpt I worked at it hard and am just a tad bit sore all over so I'm going to kick back today and just chill out.

BraveHeartFan, good jobs on the pushups! Those 3 different positions just kills my arm and shoulders, but they do get a little easier as I go along.

;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
5Stars;4506468 said:
:bow:

Today is cardio and abs and I can either take today off or tomorrow off. I'm taking today off and not even feel guilty! ;) I'll do the cardio/abs tomorrow to start the week.

Besides, yesterday, during the sculpt I worked at it hard and am just a tad bit sore all over so I'm going to kick back today and just chill out.

BraveHeartFan, good jobs on the pushups! Those 3 different positions just kills my arm and shoulders, but they do get a little easier as I go along.

;)

Yes that third set of pushups when you do the Wide-Tri-Die set are killer.

I haven't been as happy as when I was able to get all 7 of those really close pushups. Those are freaking hard when you've already done a couple of other sets of push ups and all these other moves as well.

Finished my cardio abs this morning and I did the best I've done. I've really enjoyed this.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4506530 said:
Yes that third set of pushups when you do the Wide-Tri-Die set are killer.

I haven't been as happy as when I was able to get all 7 of those really close pushups. Those are freaking hard when you've already done a couple of other sets of push ups and all these other moves as well.

Finished my cardio abs this morning and I did the best I've done. I've really enjoyed this.

I struggle like hell trying to do those...I get in maybe 4 or so then that's it for me! The wide and wider ones are not that bad, but the close ones?

Ouch...!!

rynochop

Reaction score
Can't this all be done in pm?

Just messing with u guys, don't really care..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
rynochop;4506647 said:
Can't this all be done in pm?

It could be...but, if you don't like it, don't read it. It's not that hard to do, Waldo.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, I just finished cardio/abs100 this morning.

I did something a little different today just to try it out. During the kicks and the boxing, I used a little 5lb weight in each hand while doing these exercises. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, just a little more weight to help my upper body and arms. I'm going to continue using those little weights anywhere that I think it will help. I doubt doing the abs100 with them will do any good, but they felt good during the kicks and boxing.

;)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sweat 3-4 and Ab Ripper 200 was done yesterday, along with mowing the law. Today I've got a couple hours of flag football practice, which is extra work on my off day.

Feeling really good.