Packers release Jaylon Smith

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Jaylon could consider the CFL, and I'm not being a wise guy. The talent level isn't generally as high, and the players don't get paid as much, but it's football. He's already made a bunch of money. If he loves the game, the CFL would be an opportunity to keep playing, and Jaylon's skill level is probably high enough for him to help a team win.

Some people use "go play in the CFL" as an insult, but I honestly don't mean that. I don't see anything wrong with a player joining that league. If his skill set his high enough to help a Canadian team, there's nothing at all wrong with playing ball up north.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It would be awesome if teams would have a challenge to see who could sign him and cut him the fastest.
Jaylon signs, and ah, he's cut. record time .02 seconds. next team-up.

Ren

Reaction score
He recovered from a horrible injury that many thought he never would, went on to make the probowl and get paid very well. I wish him all the best but I don’t feel sorry for him

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
will the fo bring him back on a cheap deal just for lb depth and the ability to get parsons more snaps at de?

Perhaps, but he has to wear the Rowdy outfit and be the mascot and contractually cannot step foot on the field.

davey999

Reaction score
Jaylon could consider the CFL, and I'm not being a wise guy. The talent level isn't generally as high, and the players don't get paid as much, but it's football. He's already made a bunch of money. If he loves the game, the CFL would be an opportunity to keep playing, and Jaylon's skill level is probably high enough for him to help a team win.

Some people use "go play in the CFL" as an insult, but I honestly don't mean that. I don't see anything wrong with a player joining that league. If his skill set his high enough to help a Canadian team, there's nothing at all wrong with playing ball up north.

No chance. Too slow. CFL has a bigger field and all their LB's play around 215 lb's. He's done with football, IMO.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Living near the largest Canadian city, Toronto, I can tell you he will have no interest in playing in the CFL. I love the story, think he's a great guy, but it's pretty clear he doesn't have the physical ability to play anymore and likely has realized this as well. The CFL is for washed up vets, not a washed up never has been....

quickccc

Reaction score
Cox new brings him back here..we are already paying him at least he could play ST and be insurance...LOL

Which is why i'm keeping an eye on this ,,,
- very well liked in locker room, ..
- could he be had for vet minimum ? ( 650K) ...
- could've still been playing here had he not declined the cut in salary demand,
- Cox season ending injury could've opened the door for a spare body part in return ?
- purely special teams and same depth-package role Cox had (sparingly limited)
- is there now too much bad blood between the Jaylon vs Cowboys organization now ?
- Will Cowboys rather more focus on Gifford and Bernard as reserve- emergency LBs ?

lkelly

Reaction score
The irony if Dallas foolishly signed him would be that they would be paying him twice. The first paycheck from his earlier contract extension that he’s collecting then a second (say vet min.) deal. It would be the ultimate insult for Dallas. Release him then pay him a second time. He’d effectively get a raise from Dallas.

Sounds like the perfect Jerry move.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Which is why i'm keeping an eye on this ,,,
- very well liked in locker room, ..
- could he be had for vet minimum ? ( 650K) ...
- could've still been playing here had he not declined the cut in salary demand,
- Cox season ending injury could've opened the door for a spare body part in return ?
- purely special teams and same depth-package role Cox had (sparingly limited)
- is there now too much bad blood between the Jaylon vs Cowboys organization now ?
- Will Cowboys rather more focus on Gifford and Bernard as reserve- emergency LBs ?

No...there is no sense in trying to eat yesterdays lunch...it already spoiled.

Cebrin

Reaction score

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, I hope he comes back to earth, and has great success in whatever he does going forward.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Can Jaylon help this team at all? We lost Jabril for the season so can Jaylon help?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Its the same with every player we eventually get rid of. They dont last anywhere.