Pacman cloud

Frozen700

Reaction score
Boysboy;2324928 said:
LOL - 3 years ago, you guys were whining and crying how our secondary sucks, our receivers were old enough to cash their SS checks, and our pass rush was poopie. You guys on CZ were LITERALLY begging for these gamebreakers like Owens, Jones, and Johnson no matter how bad their character issues are.

Flame away? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

BTW-funny how you guys also were begging Jerry to draft DeSean Jackson as well.

exactly...i guess they rather sit here at 5-11..talking about how poor the team is...n how we need to fire everyone....i guess those are fun times

go join the Bengals....or Chi, if you dont like the direction the team is going....its not hard....jump off already

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2324973 said:
exactly...i guess they rather sit here at 5-11..talking about how poor the team is...n how we need to fire everyone....i guess those are fun times

go join the Bengals....or Chi, if you dont like the direction the team is going....its not hard....jump off already

None of that applies to 2005.

Unless your not responding to my post.

Frozen700

Reaction score
theebs;2324956 said:
UHH. I have never once in my life asked for owens, johnson or jones on my team. Or anyone of their ilk. Not once and not ever.

And for what it is worth, our defense is still very poor and imo Tank Johnson is a main vice in that.

So you might want to remember who your responding to if your going to say all of CZ wanted these guys.

lol if you are going to cry over the players we have...you are wasting your time..unless you can do something about it....just sit back n relax....

you don't have to cheer for the team...would you rather us be 5-11? its a business bro.....if you were a business man you would know...there grimey **** going on behind close doors....

you can do a few things...either leave until the team is the way you like..or just chill..enjoy, n root for the success

why complain about players that are going to be here for years?

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2324969 said:
Oh I am sure.

I have had to argue with the T.O. is the greatest person ever crowd since before he got here.

and the other two are just absurd signings.

I don't know-it's been over a decade since we won a playoff game, and we became the 1st NFC #1 seeded team to go 1 and done in 20 years.

Pt being that it gets more and more and more frustrating when you lose, especially like this. I remember after last year when we lost to the Giants in the playoffs, all the other 31 teams' MBs were literally throwing a party(except for the Chargers one, b/c of their bitterness of how Eli shafted them, of course).

At the same time, while I don't agree with some of the things Jerry does, we may be making the same gambles he does if we're in his shoes. *shrugs*

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2324975 said:
I'm not the one crying about the players and etc

I am not crying about the players either. I am simply pointing out something that sucks for guys like me.

I prefer not to root for a criminal like jones or a Egomaniac drama queen in owens.

I dont think either is good for a football team in the long run. And the rest of this team that are good guys and are worth rooting for get stuck with labels because of them.

and trust me the team needs guys like myself and many others here who think like me. I still buy tickets and support the team good or bad. Unlike many of the owens fans who crawled out from under the rock they have been under for years.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2324976 said:
None of that applies to 2005.

Unless your not responding to my post.

You mean the same year we went from having the NFCE locked up, to then blowing it and having one of the WCs locked up, and then blowing THAT to then losing to the lowly Rams at home in wk17?

Look-I agree with alot of what you said, but to say 2005 was a "success" is really absurd.

Frozen700

Reaction score
theebs;2324986 said:
I am not crying about the players either. I am simply pointing out something that sucks for guys like me.

I prefer not to root for a criminal like jones or a Egomaniac drama queen in owens.

I dont think either is good for a football team in the long run. And the rest of this team that are good guys and are worth rooting for get stuck with labels because of them.

and trust me the team needs guys like myself and many others here who think like me. I still buy tickets and support the team good or bad. Unlike many of the owens fans who crawled out from under the rock they have been under for years.

dude idk about you...but its football....and i don't care what a man has done......if hes willing to change..and helps this team win a playoffs or Superbowl...im all for it....

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2324986 said:

Just to play devil's advocate here...............

What if we don't have Owens? How would you feel with Patrick Crayton being our #1? Austin is very good, but would you feel OK with our entire receiving corps?

What if we don't have Pacman, and kept Jacques Reeves instead? With Newman out, how would our pass D look?

I agree with you about Tank, but he DOES give us DL depth and a nice rotation to boot.

Again-just playing devil's advocate.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2324987 said:
You mean the same year we went from having the NFCE locked up, to then blowing it and having one of the WCs locked up, and then blowing THAT to then losing to the lowly Rams at home in wk17?

Look-I agree with alot of what you said, but to say 2005 was a "success" is really absurd.

I never said it was a success. It was the first year of real talent on this team. It was building block number 2 of the assembly of a good team. We lost flozell adams, al singleton, julius jones, jay ratliff, anthony henry etc. that season for all or most of the year.

We never had anything locked up that year.

the problem lies with the impatient owner. He saw 05 as a dissapointment because he is obsessed with talking about super bowls. So he starts putting guys like owens on the team.

We were not a team ready for that yet. We were a team on the rise with young players learning the game and the team trying to find its way with a new qb again.

and as far as the rams game goes, all the players were basically watching the skins-eagles on the video board during warmups. When sean taylor returned the fumble for a TD, everyone on the cowboys new it was over and they played like it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2324996 said:
I never said it was a success. It was the first year of real talent on this team. It was building block number 2 of the assembly of a good team. We lost flozell adams, al singleton, julius jones, jay ratliff, anthony henry etc. that season for all or most of the year.

We never had anything locked up that year.

the problem lies with the impatient owner. He saw 05 as a dissapointment because he is obsessed with talking about super bowls. So he starts putting guys like owens on the team.

We were not a team ready for that yet. We were a team on the rise with young players learning the game and the team trying to find its way with a new qb again.

and as far as the rams game goes, all the players were basically watching the skins-eagles on the video board during warmups. When sean taylor returned the fumble for a TD, everyone on the cowboys new it was over and they played like it.

Well keep in mind too other playoff teams like the Giants, Skins, Panthers, and Bears had just as many injuries too. The Giants had a decimated LB corps in Dec, but they managed to go 4-1. The Skins had a hobbled secondary that month too, along with an unhappy Lavar Arrington, and they ran the tables. The Panthers had to grab RBs off the street with their injuries, and they still made the NFC Title game. The Bears had to shuffle QBs due to injuries, and they lost a couple of key defensive players too, and they played outstanding in Dec. And for that matter too, the Hawks' receiving corps had alot of injuries throughout the season, but Hasselback still put up Pro Bowl numbers.

So to say injuries were our downfall that year-sorry, can't buy it. Like I said, I agree with you on Owens, but injuries or no, we were playing very well throughout much of '05 until the bottom fell out at the end(and it should have NOT). As for the team being a "building block", the same could be said for a number of these playoff teams". And "young teams" don't crap out at the end either, they get STRONGER.

And for that matter too, Owens was pretty quiet last year, and we still tanked at the end.

Really-why all these excuses?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
theebs;2324986 said:

damn.......you type words that express almost everything i feel.

i will say this though..terrell owens is a great talent who just wears his emotions on his sleeve.

he gets treated unfairly by the media...plain and simple.

one thing ...you will never hear about terrell is him being arrested for drugs or dwi or such..

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2324992 said:
Just to play devil's advocate here...............

What if we don't have Owens? How would you feel with Patrick Crayton being our #1? Austin is very good, but would you feel OK with our entire receiving corps?

What if we don't have Pacman, and kept Jacques Reeves instead? With Newman out, how would our pass D look?

I agree with you about Tank, but he DOES give us DL depth and a nice rotation to boot.

Again-just playing devil's advocate.

all fair questions.

I have said many times, this team cant win without owens right now. But that does not mean THIS team had to have OWENS. in short, i dont think our wr corps would be our wr corps if owens wasnt here.

I am a believer in the draft. Staying the course of young player development through the draft may have brought us one of the many young talented wr.

Its hard to say what should have been done to compensate for not having owens on the team, but to me the correct answer is to have found more team oriented guys, particularly young ones.

but I have no doubts we would have won less games without owens and would now. that doesnt change my stance that he shouldnt be here. Life goes on. We havent won anything with him which makes me believe in my own opinion even more.

as far as reeves goes, I would take him over pacman everyday of the week. As a good a player, nope, as talented and versatile, nope no way.

None of that matters because Reeves is a team first guy who works his butt off and that rubs off on everyone else. Jones is trouble and always will be.

I will also add this, I keep seeing Pacman with orlando scandrick when I watch the local news. I see him all the time walking into the ranch or into the stadium with scandrick. I really hope he doesnt rub off on that guy.

as far as tank goes, I think it is a travesty that he is this locker room leader and the voice of the defense all of a sudden. Him being here cost us Jason Ferguson. A guy who was beloved in the locker room and is another team first butt busting hard worker. The guys on the defense couldnt say enough about him. The guys on the defense now have to watch what they say about tank the blowhard.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2325002 said:
Well keep in mind too other playoff teams like the Giants, Skins, Panthers, and Bears had just as many injuries too. The Giants had a decimated LB corps in Dec, but they managed to go 4-1. The Skins had a hobbled secondary that month too, along with an unhappy Lavar Arrington, and they ran the tables. The Panthers had to grab RBs off the street with their injuries, and they still made the NFC Title game. The Bears had to shuffle QBs due to injuries, and they lost a couple of key defensive players too, and they played outstanding in Dec. And for that matter too, the Hawks' receiving corps had alot of injuries throughout the season, but Hasselback still put up Pro Bowl numbers.

So to say injuries were our downfall that year-sorry, can't buy it. Like I said, I agree with you on Owens, but injuries or no, we were playing very well throughout much of '05 until the bottom fell out at the end(and it should have NOT). As for the team being a "building block", the same could be said for a number of these playoff teams". And "young teams" don't crap out at the end either, they get STRONGER.

And for that matter too, Owens was pretty quiet last year, and we still tanked at the end.

Really-why all these excuses?

Excuses? I am not making any excuses. I said straight out i dont think that was a team that had expectations realistically of doing anything. We got off to a fast start and then some key injuries left us with a decimated offensive line and we couldnt overcome it because we were not good enough.

that loss to Denver was a killer and set the tone for the rest of the year.

I thought that team had they been healthy could have made the playoffs, but i never really had expectations of them doing anything great.

My pointing to 05 is because of the second wave of real talent coming in. Together with the 03 talent we all of a sudden had a team that you could start shaping into a consistent winner. But that requires patience and the owner has none.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2325008 said:
as far as tank goes, I think it is a travesty that he is this locker room leader and the voice of the defense all of a sudden. Him being here cost us Jason Ferguson. A guy who was beloved in the locker room and is another team first butt busting hard worker. The guys on the defense couldnt say enough about him. The guys on the defense now have to watch what they say about tank the blowhard.

I DIDN'T want us to lose Fergy, believe me-but it was a business decision alot of good GMs would have made anyways. I mean there were alot of guys we had to resign(Flo, Newman, Barber, etc), not sure if we would have had the cap room to keep Fergy. Plus he's 34 and coming off a torn biceps injury, which made him a risk too.

Mash

Reaction score
Put me down as win at all costs.....I dont care if they act like a Haley...etc....Let the NFL brass punish these players.

Jimmy Genius followed that motto.....In College and then with Dallas....as long as you play well on Gameday.....then I could care less what you do off the field or in the locker room...

These players are not idols of mine and I didnt raise my kids to look up to these players.......and expect these players to be role models....

I would be a hyprocrite if I said anything different.......seeing how I cheered and loved those SB teams of the 90's full well knowing that we had some serious trouble makers on that team.

I dont approve illegal activities by these players but if its good enough for the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys to let these type of players play........then whom am I to judge

I get more upset when teams cheat and players take enhancing drugs that alter the playing field....

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2325016 said:
Excuses? I am not making any excuses. I said straight out i dont think that was a team that had expectations realistically of doing anything. We got off to a fast start and then some key injuries left us with a decimated offensive line and we couldnt overcome it because we were not good enough.

that loss to Denver was a killer and set the tone for the rest of the year.

I thought that team had they been healthy could have made the playoffs, but i never really had expectations of them doing anything great.

My pointing to 05 is because of the second wave of real talent coming in. Together with the 03 talent we all of a sudden had a team that you could start shaping into a consistent winner. But that requires patience and the owner has none.

You just reminded me about something in '05-having a BAD kicker ultimately put the final nail in our coffin. Cortez/Cundiff costed us at least 3 games(would have been 4 if the refs hadn't made that ball call in the Carolina game).

I was ultimately pissed that Parcells fired Steven Hoffman that year-this guy just worked WONDERS with even the averagest of kickers.

BTW-Parcells had just as much to do as Jerry with landing Owens here. He DID sign off on the deal, when both Jerry AND Stephen asked again and again to make sure he was OK with it.

Parcells is pretty impatient too-everywhere he goes, ultimately, he only cares about his own legacy.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2325027 said:
You just reminded me about something in '05-having a BAD kicker ultimately put the final nail in our coffin. Cortez/Cundiff costed us at least 3 games(would have been 4 if the refs hadn't made that ball call in the Carolina game).

I was ultimately pissed that Parcells fired Steven Hoffman that year-this guy just worked WONDERS with even the averagest of kickers.

BTW-Parcells had just as much to do as Jerry with landing Owens here. He DID sign off on the deal, when both Jerry AND Stephen asked again and again to make sure he was OK with it.

Parcells is pretty impatient too-everywhere he goes, ultimately, he only cares about his own legacy.

Parcells had been restructuring and rebuilding this team for 3 years when He had owens put on him. what was he going to do? Walk away from something he had been building all that time. Jerry has spoken candidly many times about how he did and didnt do some stuff that bill wanted him to and that bill had to do the same for him.

parcells is impatient, but most of the time his re-action to it is to improve the situation in a well thought out manner with the long term being in the mindset. Caring about his own legacy is a talking point created by some of the local geniuses here who like to make excuses for some of the players poor play and putting it on bill.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2325019 said:
I DIDN'T want us to lose Fergy, believe me-but it was a business decision alot of good GMs would have made anyways. I mean there were alot of guys we had to resign(Flo, Newman, Barber, etc), not sure if we would have had the cap room to keep Fergy. Plus he's 34 and coming off a torn biceps injury, which made him a risk too.

I didnt see ferguson as expensive or risky in any way shape or form.

and he is currently the leader on a defense in miami that is better against the run than we are and he has twice as many tackles as tank johnson. And tank is supposedly playing in a scheme where he will make plays for a loss or create sacks. yet he never does neither.

I am just saying with the running games in this divsion i would have kept ferguson at all costs for this season. then tank could rotate in on passing situations and make us even deeper. I firmly believe we would be better against the run if fergy was the inside guy.