Pacman cloud

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2325646 said:
My health? What are you talking about?

Yes I will go root for another team ok?

:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong-you ARE one of the voices of reasons on this board. I've been pretty critical of this team myself too.

My pt was that if you know the outcome of our season already, then what's the point in rooting for this team this year anyways?

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Spectre;2325249 said:
Batman doesn't care what you think.

funone.gif

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Boysboy;2325638 said:
Again-Ed Johnson's lost has really shot their run D to ****. Sure, Bob Sanders' injury has likely but a dent in it, but now other teams are just gashing them in the middle of their DL with EASE.

One, two, schmoo, whatever...Ed Johnson's loss has been SIGNIFICANT to them. No way of spinning it.

B.S. You couldn't be more wrong. That run d last year was great when Sanders returned. Ed who? Now that we're completely off the subject........

You claimed there were a number of athlete issues. Implying a heck of a lot more than 2.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Seven;2325897 said:
B.S. You couldn't be more wrong. That run d last year was great when Sanders returned. Ed who? Now that we're completely off the subject........

You claimed there were a number of athlete issues. Implying a heck of a lot more than 2.

Actually-that was 2 years ago when Sanders' return to the lineup greatly improved their run D. For the most part, losing their DTs Monte Raeger in a freak car accident and Corey Simon b/c he lost desire to play football hurt them tremendously throughout much of that year more than anything else. With Sanders, they weren't exactly GREAT, but they were GOOD(which was good ENOUGH in that playoff stretch).

Last year-Ed Johnson(Bob Sanders or no) made a SPLASH at DT. He turned out to be a much better run stuffer than the Colts anticipated.

Again-no ifs, ands, or buts...Johnson's loss has been a big blow to the Colts D as well.

Seven

Reaction score
Boysboy;2325906 said:
Actually-that was 2 years ago when Sanders' return to the lineup greatly improved their run D. For the most part, losing their DTs Monte Raeger in a freak car accident and Corey Simon b/c he lost desire to play football hurt them tremendously throughout much of that year more than anything else. With Sanders, they weren't exactly GREAT, but they were GOOD(which was good ENOUGH in that playoff stretch).

Last year-Ed Johnson(Bob Sanders or no) made a SPLASH at DT. He turned out to be a much better run stuffer than the Colts anticipated.

Again-no ifs, ands, or buts...Johnson's loss has been a big blow to the Colts D as well.

Sucks getting older............if I could only remember where I put my glasses.......................

Can't comment on Johnson. Never saw him play and never heard his name called out.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Seven;2325917 said:
Sucks getting older............if I could only remember where I put my glasses.......................

OK-did you even see the AFC Title game AND the Super Bowl? Yes, they were much improved with Sanders in there, but they were nonetheless giving up yards on the ground(you take out that long Thomas Jones run, the Bears were still averaging 4 yds/carry). Without Sanders in there, it would have been some 7 yds/carry.

IF they had Raeger and Simon throughout the season, the run D would have been dominant.

BTW-please read my entire post(before you start cherry-picking), OK?

lockster

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that when you watch football, we are there to watch great football and not choir boys. I say let them out of prison if necessary on Sunday. It seems too many ppl on here are way too HYPOCRITACAL on here. Have you ever got a ticket for anything? That's a criminal offense and makes you a crimimal. Ever got in trouble in anyway. Then stop busting everyone's chops that play football. You're not perfect and neither are they. If you got punished for all your wrongs you wouldn't have a job either!! Kills me listening to all those of you blind to your own faults always wanting to cast that first stone. If a person does something out of football it should be punished outside of football.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
If they are thugs they should be thrown in jail if warranted. And banned from the NFL.

Clean up the NFL. It is an honor to play in this league, and it should not foster bad character people.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
As far as Pacman goes, he has not been very impressive this year. As a returner he has been below average and as a corner he has been beaten regularly. No great loss at this point.

Both rookies are performing better. Scandrick and Jenkins can pick up the defensive duties and probably do a better job. And we have several guys who can be a returner...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Homer;2324946 said:
Money isn't everything.

Yeah but sure is a heck of a lot better than sanctimonious people judging based on Mike Tirico from their sofa. It got old a long long time ago. Just watch the game and shut the heck up.

I guess it makes some people feel better about themselves but its just a sad sad thing.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Disturbed;2326045 said:
As far as Pacman goes, he has not been very impressive this year. As a returner he has been below average and as a corner he has been beaten regularly. No great loss at this point.

Both rookies are performing better. Scandrick and Jenkins can pick up the defensive duties and probably do a better job. And we have several guys who can be a returner...

He was easily the best corner on the field last week. the guy makes plays.

Boysboy

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2326096 said:

His only problem is that he can't even catch a cold for now. First couple of games, he couldn't cover well. Last couple of games, his coverage improved dramatically, but he still has alot of work to do with his hands.

Hopefully, THAT will correct itself in the coming weeks.

Seven

Reaction score
Seven;2325917 said:

Can't comment on Johnson. Never saw him play and never heard his name called out.

Boysboy;2325922 said:
OK-did you even see the AFC Title game AND the Super Bowl? Yes, they were much improved with Sanders in there, but they were nonetheless giving up yards on the ground(you take out that long Thomas Jones run, the Bears were still averaging 4 yds/carry). Without Sanders in there, it would have been some 7 yds/carry.

IF they had Raeger and Simon throughout the season, the run D would have been dominant.

BTW-please read my entire post(before you start cherry-picking), OK?

Dude. The part in bold was in reference to me not remembering that Sanders was out 2 years ago..................Settle down, now. I wasn't cherry picking anything.

Mash

Reaction score
Seven;2325617 said:
Pacman? Low risk? He hasn't been here 3 months and he's already "tussling" with his body guard?

Where the hell you been? :rolleyes:

What is the risk? so he got in a heat discussion with his body guard....big deal...

Thats why Jerry had those provisions in the trade deal......if he gets suspended we get a draft pick out of it.....

I dont understand where the big risk is........like I said....its a low risk.....please explain how its a hig risk?

Just want your thoughts on why :)

Rudy

Reaction score
I don't think anyone was complaining when we were winning Super Bowls with these types of characters.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rudy;2326569 said:
I don't think anyone was complaining when we were winning Super Bowls with these types of characters.

Didn't the Giants win the Super Bowl last year with all those explosive personalities on that team? Yes-even WITHOUT Tiki and Shockey, there's still a bunch of those types on that team(i.e. Burress and Pierce being 2 of them).

Or how about the Chargers and their explosive personalities? Didn't they reach the AFC Title game despite having an uber-cupcake coach?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2326096 said:

Good point.

Here are Pacman's stats (for the 2 road games) according to Vela.

@ Cleveland

6 attempts 2 completions 20 yards 3.3 YPA 1 pass defensed 1 penalty

@ Green Bay

10 attempts 5 completions 41 yards 4.1 YPA 1 pass defensed 1 forced

fumble/recovery (returned for about 25 yards if I recall right)

If teams keep throwing at Pacman, they are going to pay for it. He will start catching those passes. I've seen him do it.

Seven

Reaction score
Mash;2326560 said:
What is the risk? so he got in a heat discussion with his body guard....big deal...

Thats why Jerry had those provisions in the trade deal......if he gets suspended we get a draft pick out of it.....

I dont understand where the big risk is........like I said....its a low risk.....please explain how its a hig risk?

Just want your thoughts on why :)

Heated discussion? You KNOW it was more than that.

When the house is burnt to the ground...............feel free to call it a campfire.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Certainly it was a scuffle. BUT that is not all that either.
It was not a to the death cage match.